View Poll Results: Is being on foodstamps bad?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • wholly bad

13 25.49%
  • indiferent

5 9.80%
  • depends on circumstance

22 43.14%
  • no, they are good

2 3.92%
  • get off of them now!

9 17.65%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How does one one get off foodstamps?

Quote Originally Posted by palm View Post
    I am supporting myself. its not as easy as byou imply. I pay my own bills, I walk to school, I take the bus to work, I do community service, I help people. And I have not been with out a job in a long time. But I cant make enough money. I spend about 225 dollars on food. I help my sister out by buying her food. I see nothing wrong with that. I think you guys are being harsh. You guys live in a fantasy where you can just find work like that. I want big things so I am going to school and living in a rooming house. And I picking up a job in marketing. I came here asking a question and you judged me for the circumstance preceding my question and cncession.

I never expected this to be this way

whether I go away for my internship or stay I will have a job buy a scooter, and find work.
    I know you've been undoing your posts in this thread up to this point, but you made your first post about how nobody would hire you, and how you lived off of food stamps, and in subsequent posts, you say that you currently have a job, you have an internship this summer, and that you've turned down jobs.

You made a thread asking whether it's wrong to collect food stamps, in a forum that's mostly anti-food-stamp.

Frankly you should have expected nothing different.
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    I'm the best person on this planet to receive the benefits from my tax dollars.
    If you qualify for food stamps, you're not making enough money to pay any income tax. You are not paying into the system.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    If you qualify for food stamps, you're not making enough money to pay any income tax. You are not paying into the system.
    lolwut?

I only get back about 1/4 of the money I pay in Federal income tax each year. On top of that I usually end up paying even more state taxes. It's not hard to qualify for food stamps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

you're a leech to.

You benefit from subsidies and government programs too. Thats simply inevitable. You also do it with joy, where as I at least will admit Im a leech.

You're mad at me for asking for help. guess what at the end of the day I will still be trying hard. also Im reporting you

even if my protest will go unheard.
    A guy who is literally stealing from the government reporting me because he asked what I thought and I told him. Rich.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    As long as America allows the Federal Reserve to control the money supply there is no reason to feel guilty using Food Stamps. When we End The Fed and use sound money, then everyone who wants to work will be able to find gainful employment and free themselves from the dependence of poverty.

Ending the Fed is the key to peace and prosperity.
    This. The NWO is collapsing our economy by design. Ignoring this fact and pretending people that are on food stamps are somehow bad and part of the problem isn't going to do anything but make you look like an ignorant jackass.

It is by design that there are millions and millions of people either underemployed or unemployed. That's like blaming a prisoner for dying because the food is poisoned.

Thanks for replying oyarde, you're the only one so far. I owe you a reply, I'm kinda busy right now.
    I am the spoon.

you're a leech to.

You benefit from subsidies and government programs too. Thats simply inevitable. You also do it with joy, where as I at least will admit Im a leech.

You're mad at me for asking for help. guess what at the end of the day I will still be trying hard. also Im reporting you

even if my protest will go unheard.
    The only benefits I rec are covered under Article One , Section eight , using coins , roads and post office ,defense , weights , measures.I am paying way too much.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by palm; 04-20-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    lolwut?

I only get back about 1/4 of the money I pay in Federal income tax each year. On top of that I usually end up paying even more state taxes. It's not hard to qualify for food stamps.
    I am not talking about SS & FICA. You got back 100% (probably more if you have kids) of what you paid in income tax. And unless you didn't file your state income tax, I am guessing you got most of that back too.

Even if you didn't, You paid less in state tax in a whole year than you got back in a month of food stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    A guy who is literally stealing from the government reporting me because he asked what I thought and I told him. Rich.
    Just what is it you are being reported for ? Myself , as a Great Patriot , usually self report

I don't get money from any of those programs. Please tell me what government program I am getting money from.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    It was a serious question though. If someone is taking food stamps, why should they have the luxuries of internet, cable, phone, etc.

I read it somewhere years ago, but the average welfare recipient has 3 tv's, cable and a cell phone. We are 6 figure earners, and I just scaled back my cable package a bit because it was getting too expensive.
    I knew , exactly what you were thinking.....

You guys are right, I never said you weren't

Here is where you are wrong

I am not lazy

I am not a leech

I am not uneducated etc

I have only received 1 grade below a B in my life.

I swear I could make claims all day on how I avoid being to dependent. But you will just hate me and disdain me in your hearts. When I love you and dont want to be a burden on you.

We all are kidnapped and being fed. We should not feel guilty. I am fighting for ron paul to be president. NOT OBAM OR ROMNEY. Nobody but ron paul

We all have been asleep once and all have done things contrary to freedom. Or initiated force or have done something contrary to voluntaryism.

Do not use my circumstance to contrast your downfalls in such a way that they are no longer visible.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dont have any of that.

I have a computer so I can educate myself and do homework. I do not play games. I have a ceelphone to call people. Those are the only two luxuries. I have no car not watch. My church buys me everything else I should need. They will not buy my food.

Guys be easy on me. The spanking is over right?

Why the hell did you guys curbstomp me?

You guys are right, I never said you weren't
    Ya think?

http://funding-programs.idilogic.aidpage.com/

take your pick

im done here

at least 20 of those you are affected by.

I pay taxes every year and I have been working since about 14 and volunteering. I really did not have many options I have only been on stamps for a little while.

I think you're being harsh also dont call me a leech again ok.

BY the way I have "disabilities" too. And I dont receive a check for any of them OK!
    I knew he'd be back
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

I said benefit. I said nothing about money. Those programs make it easier for you to live. A lot of them do. You pay in to them, so do I.

Those programs cost money.

Why the hell did you guys curbstomp me?
    Because sometimes a kick in the ass is the best way to straighten out a friend.

I said benefit. I said nothing about money. Those programs make it easier for you to live. A lot of them do. You pay in to them, so do I.

Those programs cost money.
    You are not paying into them. I am. ANd note that I don't have a cellphone because I can't afford one, yet you can?

ANd by all means, please tell me which of those programs makes it easier for me to live, so I can fall to my knees and worship the goodness in our government.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-19-2012 at 11:47 AM.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    Last edited by palm; 04-20-2012 at 08:09 AM.

bbbbb
    Last edited by palm; 04-20-2012 at 08:10 AM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Grades mean nothing in the real world. You need to bust your ass and know how to deal with people to get anywhere in life. If money is tight, then get a second job. Or hustle, buy and sell $#@!. If you can get out there and haggle with cheap mother $#@!ers to buy things from them or sell things to them, then you can talk someone into giving you a decent job. It's even better if you know how to fix stuff you can buy broken, fix it up, and sell for more money. In the ghetto I know many people who make good side money buying junk cars, fixing them up, and selling them. That is the experience that will help you present yourself to an employer, and you can make some good money doing it.

Palm , just a little observation from my work experiences .Things could be different now , I am older. No place that I have ever been employed could give a crap what your grades were , unless they were paying for the class , then a C or above was expected . I never paid for school , my employers paid for it .

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    Last edited by palm; 04-20-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Employers care about your work , not your grades.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by palm; 04-20-2012 at 08:09 AM.

I pay taxes, because I work.

I have worked since I was 14.
    Me too. I also worked my way through college without food stamps or student loans. I am woman, which means I made less than you. And I managed it, while you can't?

You got every dime and more that you paid back in income tax. You are not paying your own way. (SS and FICA are different, nobody gets those back. The older generation voted to enslave us - they're getting that money.)

You understand what a leech is? It is an organism that simply cannot survive without feeding off a host.

Thats only one example. I am a thinker, a speaker, a politician (not in the government sense) and a sales person.

Please, Please stop implying and providing cookie cutter answers.

At least find out more about me.

By the way, good grades have gotten me where I am now. Which is much better than where I was as a child.

Can you provide a practical application of this? is it something like this?
    Thanks Elijah. I have received your resume, read over it and forwarded it to the owner. Will be in touch soon.

Karen

Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:27 PM
    To: Karen Smith
    Subject: Fw: Elijah Ayers future Sales & Marketing Rep

----- Forwarded Message -----
    To: "ksmith@bizazzle.com" <ksmith@bizazzle.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:18 PM
    Subject: Elijah Ayers future Sales & Marketing Rep

Student Elijah Ayers seeking a job in Sales and Marketing.

Dear Ms. Karen Smith

I stopped in on Tuesday, the 17th of April, to inquire about a career with Bizazzle.com. After we talked you asked me that I provide my resume for your review with some thought I found it appropriate to include a brief letter as well, discussing my interest and skills. Ms. Smith I strongly desire to gain experience in Sales and Marketing, I'm hoping through an opportunity with Bizzazle.com I will be able to excel in this field. During an interview we would be able to discuss this field and how its successes are measured, why I have awesome potential, and my history.
    I am a novel and innovative thinker with a knowledge base that I am highly passionate including philosophy, diplomacy, article writing, creative writing, communication, multimedia, discourse, entrepreneurship, and apprenticeship. While I will concede the risk in providing a person with little experience this responsibility, I wholeheartedly believe that my aforementioned skills along with my life experience makes me more qualified some with experience. A great example would be the trust I have gained from my close friends I have made while I have been here in York, Pa. I did not know anyone except my older sister when I came, but because I could market myself and create mutual relationships I have gained the confidence of professionals, gained employment while also maintaining accountability with managers and mentors, achieved excellence in my college courses written an article in the York daily record, and learned that I am very capable of achieve the utmost success as I see it. My resume shows the jobs that I have worked, what I have done, but what it doesn't show is "why" I have done them. It was because I am suited for all things great or humble and I see the sublime worth in doing what other would never do, because of this I am better at great things and greater responsibilities because I can discern their gravity.

My resume is included as an attachment in this email and also my phone number and linked in profile. Ms. Smith Thank You, because you have read this email and will look at my resume with an objective understanding. I really appreciate the time you took to talk to me on Tuesday. I will follow up with a visit and phone call within the week.
    Thank You, Elijah Ayers
    I was not going to mention it, because I thought it would be trollish, but you asked. In my opinion, you need serious help with your written professional communication skills. You can't expect to get a job in Sales & Marketing if you can't produce a simple cover letter.

This is not stomping on you. If you cannot communicate any better than that, you're not going to get anywhere.

You can have somebody proof your stuff, but that won't help you after you get the job.

I am serious. This isn't formatted correctly. The grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are abysmal. And the part where you talked about yourself is simply cringe worthy.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-19-2012 at 12:00 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    \
    MY income taxes go towards loans.

Thats only one example. I am a thinker, a speaker, a politician (not in the government sense) and a sales person.
    If you can sell then you should always be able to eat. Did I see you were in York? There are a ton of straight commission jobs in the area right now (I am in Harrisburg). Find them. If you cannot, then take my earlier suggestion - cut lawns during the day, and work at the store at night. Work, school, sleep and nothing else till you get yourself in a better position.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast