View Poll Results: Is being on foodstamps bad?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • wholly bad

13 25.49%
  • indiferent

5 9.80%
  • depends on circumstance

22 43.14%
  • no, they are good

2 3.92%
  • get off of them now!

9 17.65%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How does one one get off foodstamps?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How does one one get off foodstamps?

--
    Last edited by palm; 04-19-2012 at 11:13 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has a lot to do with where you live.

not trying to be a troll, But I'm a high school drop out never went to college. never been on food stamps ,support 2 kids and a wife, own a mortgage XD, and a couple of decent cars. It takes hard work, pick a job and go with it. I'm a welder, but theirs plenty of other fields to go into.
    Last edited by The Goat; 04-19-2012 at 06:21 PM.

--
    Last edited by palm; 04-19-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by palm View Post
    By the way I have worked many jobs and have a 4.0 in college. But no one will hire me for anything serious. I could post my resume too.
    Then start your own business.

--
    Last edited by palm; 04-19-2012 at 11:14 AM.

I have an Idea for a business, I can talk to you about it in PM. Im in school for Business Admin and I have an idea for a health foods restaurants that produces nutritious, affordable, tasteful, and unique foods.

My model works by providing a medium in which nutritionist, independent farmers, health aware consumers, bar crowd (gourmet beer types), small time packaging companies and people dedicated to healthy products, can profit from the contributions of other "investors" my gal is for this model to be nation wide, anyone can join as long as there is a market for there product, my thing is providing the network and administrative work on the internet part.

Its still shaky my idea is all about getting big agra out of the way and to expand the choice for healthy and affordable products. Because everyone profits from someone else's input the price goes down. And because more awareness is produced prices will go down. It is like a co-op.

The idea came when I was walking through the city and I couldn't find anything halfway decent or affordable to eat. Sure I dont care if it is garbage, but if it is from huge companies with gov't subsidies I cant bring myself to eat it. Not to mention it suck. Healthy food is not as expensive as one would think in a good market.

The restaurant is the main focus.
    So you're interested in the restaurant business. Have you ever actually worked in one? That would be a great place to start, you could make a wage, learn practical information on how the business operates.

I know the pay isn't great starting out but it IS an income and it doesn't sound as though you have one at the moment, please correct me if I am mistaken on that.

Learn and work on your idea at the same time.

--

As long as America allows the Federal Reserve to control the money supply there is no reason to feel guilty using Food Stamps. When we End The Fed and use sound money, then everyone who wants to work will be able to find gainful employment and free themselves from the dependence of poverty.

Ending the Fed is the key to peace and prosperity.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    As long as America allows the Federal Reserve to control the money supply there is no reason to feel guilty using Food Stamps. When we End The Fed and use sound money, then everyone who wants to work will be able to find gainful employment and free themselves from the dependence of poverty.

Ending the Fed is the key to peace and prosperity.
    This. The NWO is collapsing our economy by design. Ignoring this fact and pretending people that are on food stamps are somehow bad and part of the problem isn't going to do anything but make you look like an ignorant jackass.

It is by design that there are millions and millions of people either underemployed or unemployed. That's like blaming a prisoner for dying because the food is poisoned.

Thanks for replying oyarde, you're the only one so far. I owe you a reply, I'm kinda busy right now.
    I am the spoon.

I meant a one man business - something you can start tomorrow.

You're already typing me me me too much to glean any sympathy for me.

I don't see anything in your business plan that looks profitable. I see you wanting other people to eat what you eat, but not anything about selling things that people actually want to eat. You think they'll like your offerings - fair enough - but I think it's far too convoluted and hence inefficient to actually make a profit.

People running those business you want to hook up with are already too busy to muck around in your co-op. Money is the way the operate. You want their stuff, you give them money for it. They have absolutely no time to spend in your market.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-19-2012 at 10:43 AM.

--

@palm - you need survival skills - a marketable skill plus all the other things that are good to know to minimize your cost of living. Find someone who knows something useful and ask them to teach you. Learn learn learn (and not the fake version done in school).

Lol wow. Two people voted that being a victim of this takeover by design is "wholly bad"

Would either of you care to explain why?
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Lol wow. Two people voted that being a victim of this takeover by design is "wholly bad"

You're part of the problem. They're the victims? LOL.

They're not victims. They're tools.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-19-2012 at 10:48 AM.

--

To be honest I am one of those votes. Thats my way of saying ME, ME, ME.

I dont try at all. Despite me selling myself hardcore. I have job interviews coming up andf I just turned down a job that was fulltime because I dont take commitments that I will turn down. Taking that job would have been wrong because they wanted someone to do maintenance long term and I have an internship this summer.
    You are turning down jobs, but I have to $#@!ing feed you? This is one of the many things that are wrong with welfare. You shouldn't get to make that choice.

Or actually, I am not even feeding you. I'm feeding your sister or something?

I am starting to think that the reason you don't have a fridge is because there's nowhere to plug one in under a bridge.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-19-2012 at 11:07 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    --
    Last edited by palm; 04-19-2012 at 11:15 AM.

To be honest I am one of those votes. Thats my way of saying ME, ME, ME.

I dont try at all. Despite me selling myself hardcore. I have job interviews coming up andf I just turned down a job that was fulltime because I dont take commitments that I will turn down. Taking that job would have been wrong because they wanted someone to do maintenance long term and I have an internship this summer.

Oh, I thought that you were actually having some economic problems.

My advice is to just continue along with your education. Don't be afraid to take a minimum-wage part-time job while you're in school. As far as your "anything serious" goes, for a student, an Internship is about as serious as you can get.

also, if you need to collect food stamps to eat, then do so. If the government is willing to give you free money, then there's no shame in taking it. The food stamp program isn't going to be brought down by refusal to use it.

If you have an internship, than I'd say that you're doing pretty well career wise.
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

I did not vote , did look at poll results , but , I can see why people would vote that . Food stamps are immoral because the money is stolen from others. I give to my local , privately funded , volunteer staffed food bank . I do not believe in govt involvment in that area.If I give the charity a dollar , the whole dollar goes out , if the govt steals a dollar from me to give to others , eighty cents of it goes to govt employee and building .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I did not vote , did look at poll results , but , I can see why people would vote that . Food stamps are immoral because the money is stolen from others. I give to my local , privately funded , volunteer staffed food bank . I do not believe in govt involvment in that area.If I give the charity a dollar , the whole dollar goes out , if the govt steals a dollar from me to give to others , eighty cents of it goes to govt employee and building .
    How do you feel about people who are actually paying taxes into the system while receiving them?
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    How do you feel about people who are actually paying taxes into the system while receiving them?
    I think you're a leech too.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    By getting my own tax money back? How is that leeching?

I'm the best person on this planet to receive the benefits from my tax dollars.

It's morally wrong. It's theft. It makes you dependent. It stops you from learning the skills necessary to take care of yourself.

They are wholly bad.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How ? quite frankly , you have to find a job that pays enough tp provide basic needs . Rent , utilities etc. Keep looking , NEVER give up .

I have a moral issue with government handouts. Everything the government gives it either takes through taxation or from devaluing our currency. If you don't have a problem with someone forcibly taking money from someone to give to you that's fine.

On your business plan. Do what you want. It doesn't sound like you have any start up capital at all. I agree with Agala just start a one man business. Do something your good at. Learn how to do something. I went for accounting. It's okay. Long path though.

There are a lot of indecisive people out there. Just do what you want. If you fail and don't get back up there isn't much that can help you. If you fail and want to do something again then just do something else that you can live on.

There aren't many successful get rich quick schemes out there. Just work hard and do it.
    -Ancap-

Quote Originally Posted by bwlibertyman View Post
    I have a moral issue with government handouts. Everything the government gives it either takes through taxation or from devaluing our currency. If you don't have a problem with someone forcibly taking money from someone to give to you that's fine..
    You and I are a dying breed though. WHen I was a kid, no real man would dream of taking government handouts. They were strong and proud. And nobody ever said it was OK, either. There was a (deserved) stigma attached to collecting welfare. It was cause for embarassment and shame. Now it's an entitlement - people honestly believe they deserve it.

You and I are a dying breed though. WHen I was a kid, no real man would dream of taking government handouts. They were strong and proud. And nobody ever said it was OK, either. There was a (deserved) stigma attached to collecting welfare. It was cause for embarassment and shame. Now it's an entitlement - people honestly believe they deserve it.
    Seems so long ago now, doesn't it?

This whole thread is about you, remember?

--
    Last edited by palm; 04-19-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast