Thread: DA: Prisoner cleared of charges days before escape; Now Charged With Escape

DA: Prisoner cleared of charges days before escape; Now Charged With Escape

hxxp://www.wapt.com/news/central-mississippi/jackson/DA-Prisoner-cleared-of-charges-days-before-escape/-/9156912/10953532/-/5meqtwz/-/index.html?hpt=ju_bn4

JACKSON, Miss. -
    The Hinds County district attorney said DNA evidence cleared Nathaniel Brent of sexual battery charges, but he escaped from jail days before charges were dropped.

Brent escaped from the Hinds County Detention Center in Raymond on April 10 and was captured the next day after a struggle with police. Brent now faces felony charges of escape, resisting arrest and assault on a police officer.

District Attorney Robert Smith said after DNA evidence in the sexual battery case proved not to be his, a grand jury did not indict him. Smith said Brent was to be released about the time he escaped from the detention center.

Because Brent now faces the new charges related to the escape, Smith said. Brent's bond has been set at $50,000, court officials said.

Sheriff Tyrone Lewis blamed broken locks and doors and a dysfunctional facility for Brent's escape. The Hinds County Board of Supervisors on Monday approved funds to make immediate repairs to the detention center.

Just when I thought I have seen it all. I guess we now live in a society where you can be charged with escape even when you are falsely arrested and imprisoned. What, was he supposed to bide his time until justice prevailed? (If ever)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    hxxp://www.wapt.com/news/central-mississippi/jackson/DA-Prisoner-cleared-of-charges-days-before-escape/-/9156912/10953532/-/5meqtwz/-/index.html?hpt=ju_bn4

JACKSON, Miss. -
    The Hinds County district attorney said DNA evidence cleared Nathaniel Brent of sexual battery charges, but he escaped from jail days before charges were dropped.

Brent escaped from the Hinds County Detention Center in Raymond on April 10 and was captured the next day after a struggle with police. Brent now faces felony charges of escape, resisting arrest and assault on a police officer.

District Attorney Robert Smith said after DNA evidence in the sexual battery case proved not to be his, a grand jury did not indict him. Smith said Brent was to be released about the time he escaped from the detention center.

Because Brent now faces the new charges related to the escape, Smith said. Brent's bond has been set at $50,000, court officials said.

Sheriff Tyrone Lewis blamed broken locks and doors and a dysfunctional facility for Brent's escape. The Hinds County Board of Supervisors on Monday approved funds to make immediate repairs to the detention center.

Just when I thought I have seen it all. I guess we now live in a society where you can be charged with escape even when you are falsely arrested and imprisoned. What, was he supposed to bide his time until justice prevailed? (If ever)
    The masters will not be mocked. If you point out a flaw, they WILL come after you.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Thou shalt not hold in contempt the misjustice system's transgressions.

I think he has grounds for kidnapping charges myself. Any resistance in the effort to escape said kidnappers are justifiable. Lawyer up.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I think he has grounds for kidnapping charges myself. Any resistance in the effort to escape said kidnappers are justifiable. Lawyer up.
    At least a false imprisonment claim. How they can justify spending more taxpayer money on a bull$#@! case is beyond me. At the very least he should be given a sincere apology (or compensation) But I suppose this is another example of how we are at the mercy of the state.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 04-19-2012 at 12:22 AM.

but since he was falsely imprisoned can't that use that time as time already served???

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    but since he was falsely imprisoned can't that use that time as time already served???
    I wouldn't be surprised if that is what is decided. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If they want you. They'll get you. There's any number of laws on the books and they can twist them to fit any situation they can concoct. It will NOT end until neighbors again become neighbors and communities become communities.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If they want you. They'll get you. There's any number of laws on the books and they can twist them to fit any situation they can concoct. It will NOT end until neighbors again become neighbors and communities become communities.
    +rep
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 04-19-2012 at 12:42 AM.

I'll be damned. I just realized the thread name is incorrect. He escaped days BEFORE THE CHARGES WERE DROPPED. I think I just copied and pasted the article head from CNN. No wonder no one is commenting on the story.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I'll be damned. I just realized the thread name is incorrect. He escaped days BEFORE THE CHARGES WERE DROPPED. I think I just copied and pasted the article head from CNN. No wonder no one is commenting on the story.
    I got the gest of it.

It is of course absurd that it should be a crime for an innocent person to escape from undeserved punishment.

No matter what this guy is going to loose his voting rights and his 2nd amendment rights.

He was accused, he bucked the system, he won't be permitted either the ability to defend himself or the ability to change the system legally.

I'll add to what others are saying that he should file a malicious prosecution lawsuit. Throw the book at these legalized crooks. Then maybe the state will be willing to drop the charges in exchange for a deal on the civil claims. Other than that he should take this to a jury trial and testify on his own behalf. Normally that's not a good idea, but in this case it is. He can say what his lawyers cannot. "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the judge will lie to you when he charges you and tell you that you can only judge the facts and not the law. You can judge both and nullify this stupid charge against me. The state should be apologizing for falsely imprisoning me instead of prosecuting me for escaping an unjust confinement."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I hope the OP gives us an update in a few weeks ... I agree with the idea of a counter suit, but at the same time, what would the result be if the DNA evidence had shown guilt ?

Time will tell how this plays out.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

In the real-life version of The Fugitive, Harrison Ford is charged with making false IDs and not composting his orange peels.

Attachment 1403

Bump.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump