Thread: Mitch McConnell: "We're all behind" Mitt Romney

Exclamation Mitch McConnell: "We're all behind" Mitt Romney

Closing ranks.

Mitch McConnell: "We're all behind" Mitt Romney

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...d-mitt-romney/

Just hours after House Speaker John Boehner threw his support behind presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, Mitch McConnell, the Senate Minority Leader from Kentucky, added his own endorsement to the pile.

McConnell, speaking to reporters Tuesday, said "we're all behind" Romney.

"I support Governor Romney for President of the United States and he is going to be the nominee," he said. "If you've noticed, the party is in the process of unifying behind him. And I think it's going to be an incredibly close, hard fought race."

He added: "I think it's going to be a very, very competitive election. We're all behind him and looking forward to the fall campaign, which is actually already underway."
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not all of us, Mitch, not all.

the 'take one for the team' speeches by both McConnell and Boehner go elsewhere. I'm thinking the trash can, but I'll likely put it into opposing candidates, eventually.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    the 'take one for the team' speeches by both McConnell and Boehner go elsewhere. I'm thinking the trash can, but I'll likely put it into opposing candidates, eventually.
    Kill it with fire as far as I'm concerned.

I hope the GOP is ready to lose to Obama =p...

"We're all behind McCain."

-Mitch McConnell, 2007

Anyone but, Paul is a victory for Obama. Not only will a lot of us NOT vote for any of these Republican Status Quo candidates, but, neither will the independents and disaffected Democrats that would willingly rally behind Dr. Paul. They don't get it. Romney CANNOT beat Obama. (Unless they rig the voting machines).

evadmurd

So is Obama.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    "We're all behind McCain."

-Mitch McConnell, 2007
    There is a bit of deja vu to it, isn't there?

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., today endorsed Arizona Sen. John McCain for president.

"He's certainly going to be our nominee. I'm proud to support him," McConnell told reporters, according to Roll Call, a newspaper that covers Congress.

This came not long after former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney suspended his presidential campaign today, essentially clearing the way for McCain to claim the Republican nomination ....
    http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs...es-mccain.html

I guess they like the choreography.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

What the heck do these people even see in Mitt Romney? Why are these people okay with the NDAA?

What do they see in McConnell?

Maybe he means he is out the door right behind Oromney after he loses the nomination?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    added his own endorsement to the pile.
    A "pile" indeed.

Who could have possibly seen this coming!?!

party firsters...its a disease. The doctor has the cure.

Well, I called the senator's office to ask that he please don't speak for me, or for my entire state of California for that matter, or Texas, as we haven't even voted. I told them I was extremely offended by his remarks. Phone: (202) 224-2541 Urgh!!!!
    "We live in an age where things change rather rapidly, whether politically or economically and certainly in foreign policy things change, so this whole ball game can change rather rapidly.” ― Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry to burst your bubble Mitchey boy. You or Romney won't get my support.
    "Can't get healthcare to our old people, can't educate our young people, but we can bomb the sh*t out of your country alright" - George Carlin

"We're in two wars that are costing us trillions of dollars. Those trillions of dollars should have been left in the economy to build jobs and produce prosperity here at home" - Ron Paul

"We spend 1.5 trillion dollars overseas in wars we don't need to be in and we need to cut there. And then put that money back into our economy here." - Ron Paul

So let me get this straight, we now support the guy who lost to the guy who lost last time to beat the guy who beat the guy who beat this guy last time?

WTF?

Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

As a Kentuckian, I want to personally apologize for giving the country Mitch McConnell. I am trying everything I can to get more Rand Pauls and Thomas Massies elected.

Sorry again...

Who is "we"?

NOBP

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    Who is "we"?

NOBP
    The elite of course.
    They use force, to make you do, what the deciders have decided you must do. -- Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    What the heck do these people even see in Mitt Romney? Why are these people okay with the NDAA?
    Because they were okay with the Patriot Act, Gitmo, etc.

That's why

who is this "WE" no chin?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Who could have possibly seen this coming!?!
    Mitt Romney has had good poll numbers in Utah.
    He might be sent to D.C in less than two weeks.

Are we now within ten days of the election?
    Again, Mitt seems to be ahead in the polls.