Thread: April 24th begins week-long media love affair with Romney.

April 24th begins week-long media love affair with Romney.

5 primaries take place on the 24th. Unless Dr. Paul wins at least 3 then #PropagandistMedia will have a love affair with Romney for a week after the primaries.

The Paul campaign has momentum, and it will be fleeting unless Grassroots and the campaign capitalize.

If you're going to do something then do it now. If you're going to post signs, tweet messages, post to Facebook, donate, share links to "news", call/email state GOP chairman, or yell...then do it now.

The last thing we want is a fake Gingrich surge.
    "WE..as a group NOW have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it." Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Affair? More like second honeymoon

all kidding aside you make a very good point, these upcoming states are demographically stronger for Romney on average and we need to pump up so we can cut (or even better preemptively diminish) the coming blackout.
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

I concure, we have to win something to keep/increase our momentum. If we lose horribly on the 24th, I suspect Santorum people might stay home for rest of the nomination process or go with Romney. We can't lose badly because delegates are awarded proportionally in most states. Campaign also needs money and we need fresh blood to donate. The 24th will also be the time to gauge what Santorum's supporters would do. I really, really, really hope that Santorum supporters will go out of their way to vote for Ron Paul to stop Romney.

Gingrich is Romney's lackey... but I suspect people will forget all the gaffe about Gingrich giving Romney his delegates if Romney is close to 1144. We should be ever vigilent of Gingrich.

What are we doing to make people realize that Paul IS electable? That Paul CAN beat Obama? That Paul DOES appeal to Independents & Democrats due to his stances against Fed, bailouts, violation of civil liberties & that Paul is the "Peace Candidate" & therefore, Paul will significantly WEAKEN Obama's support & appeal, if Paul is the GOP nominee

Romney is NOT winning so much because people like him so much, most know & dislike him for being a flip-flopping liberal, an Obama-clone but the ONLY reason he's doing well BECAUSE people think he's "electable" & "can beat Obama"; we need to offer them a CONSERVATIVE & ELECTABLE option of Ron Paul & we need to tap into anti-OBAMNEY sentiment that Santorum tapped into & for that we need to establish that Ron Paul IS electable & Paul CAN beat Obama, we MUST do this ASAP
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

need an electability ad from the Campaign ! at least in a few states.
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Romney is a gift that the liberal media is awarding to themselves. They know he doesn't stand a chance against Obama so they favor his nomination. Worst case scenario is he beats Obama, and they have a Republican in the White House that will bend to the liberal agenda. It's a "win win" for them.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

we have a powerful, the romney vs paul flyer and boots on the ground.

Have people pass these flyers out at polls, it is what would've made the difference in virginia.

Don't, I repeat..DON'T rely on the campaign to do ads.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    I concure, we have to win something to keep/increase our momentum. If we lose horribly on the 24th, I suspect Santorum people might stay home for rest of the nomination process or go with Romney. We can't lose badly because delegates are awarded proportionally in most states. Campaign also needs money and we need fresh blood to donate. The 24th will also be the time to gauge what Santorum's supporters would do. I really, really, really hope that Santorum supporters will go out of their way to vote for Ron Paul to stop Romney.
    Agree.

There is still margin for error (or in this case loss), but if Romney sweeps the 24th, he will have somewhere between 833 and 959 delegates (depending on whether or not his unbound, but pledged delegates stick with him). At that point, Paul will pretty much have to win every remaining delegate to block Romney from getting 1144.

Does Paul need to sweep on the 24th? No, but without picking up a couple of wins on that day the battle moving forward will need to be won with little if any room for loss.

The one thing, more than any other thing, that can change the course of this race is for Paul to shock the nation on the 24th and win the popular vote in 2 or 3 of the 5 states that vote that day. NY and PA would be ideal since the two largest states would generate the most media attention.
    Last edited by tbone717; 04-16-2012 at 05:02 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    Agree.

There is still margin for error (or in this case loss), but if Romney sweeps the 24th, he will have somewhere between 833 and 959 delegates (depending on whether or not his unbound, but pledged delegates stick with him). At that point, Paul will pretty much have to win every remaining delegate to block Romney from getting 1144.

Does Paul need to sweep on the 24th? No, but without picking up a couple of wins on that day the battle moving forward will need to be won with little if any room for loss.

The one thing, more than any other thing, that can change the course of this race is for Paul to shock the nation on the 24th and win the popular vote in 2 or 3 of the 5 states that vote that day. NY and PA would be ideal since the two largest states would generate the most media attention.
    But the headlines would be "Romney GOP nominee takes 2nd across the board! Gingrich close third."
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    But the headlines would be "Romney GOP nominee takes 2nd across the board! Gingrich close third."
    We can't control what the media does. However, Paul does have this one last chance to make a stand. After the 24th, if I did the math correctly, it gets to the point where Paul will need to win nearly every delegate remaining to block Romney from eventuality.

I have been saying for a while there is about a 1% chance to have a brokered convention, this is the 1% chance.

DONATE. DONATE. DONATE. DONATE. DONATE.

Actually, no, a fake Gingrich surge means that there still is a race. If Romney sweeps there probably won't be.

And I'd say that Dr. Paul doesn't need to win three states. If he won even one it'd be extremely embarrassing for Romney's team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivash View Post
    Actually, no, a fake Gingrich surge means that there still is a race. If Romney sweeps there probably won't be.

And I'd say that Dr. Paul doesn't need to win three states. If he won even one it'd be extremely embarrassing for Romney's team.
    Three states is more for the math other than anything else. One state, like DE, won't put much of a dent in the delegate count

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    DONATE. DONATE. DONATE. DONATE. DONATE.
    this

Well personally I spend 100 bucks and posted about 17 signs at different locations in my area. I have only seen one Romney signs that I wanted to run over with my k5 Jimmy!!!!!!! I have delegate cards I will be handing out in my local area and polling place to help Ron win since that is what really counts. We need people to help us get are delegates votes in PA. So if you can help please check out the link in my signature and we can all work together to get Paul the delegates not Romney.
    Last edited by tuggy24g; 04-16-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuggy24g View Post
    Well personally I spend 100 bucks and posted about 17 signs at different locations in my area. I have only seen one Romney signs that I wanted to run over with my k5 Jimmy!!!!!!! I have delegate cards I will be handing out in my local area and polling place to help Ron win since that is what really counts. We need people to help us get are delegates votes in PA. So if you can help please check out the link in my signature and we can all work together to get Paul the delegates not Romney.
    +rep
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what are you guys talking about the headlines are all about not leggit and Obamers no mention of the Doc or the Ginch