Thread: Ron Paul is on the Fark Politics Tab. Any Cavalry out their to come to the rescue?

Ron Paul is on the Fark Politics Tab. Any Cavalry out their to come to the rescue?

Ron Paul is on the h xxp://www.fark.com/politics

Article;

"h xxp://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-backs-jerusalem-location-israeli-embassy-061056986.html"]If there was one politician we needed to make brash and incendiary statements about the Israel-Palestine conflict, it's RON PAUL

Put on your waders and slosh on over. Many threads start with the snarky comments. It can get real deep real fast but sometimes fark can move into some serious discussion. The threads are pretty much over when it gets to the hair pulling and the eye gouging...which is were many of the politics threads start.

Comment section;

h xxp://www.fark.com/comments/7051543/If-there-was-one-politician-we-needed-to-make-brash-incendiary-statements-about-Israel-Palestine-conflict-its-RON-PAUL

Then we get one like;

I don't get why this is surprising from Paul. It doesn't mean he is a big fan of Israel just because he believes they have the ability to decide which city is their capital. If they say that is their capital, that's where the embassy should be.

Can you all see where this fark thread is going yet?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There would be zero backlash if Wead weren't promoting it as if Ron wants to move it to Jerusalem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

This is going to be a big issue. Ron needs to give a statement on it one way or another.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    This is going to be a big issue. Ron needs to give a statement on it one way or another.

Isn't that what this is about.

From the article;

“The real issue here is not what America wants, but what does Israel want,” Paul told evangelical leaders, according to a transcript of the meeting obtained by Business Insider. “If Israel wants their capital to be Jerusalem, then the United States should honor that.”

“How would we like it if some other nation said ‘We decided to recognize New York City as your capital instead, so we will build our embassy there?’” he added.

Why more?

Why on earth would we want to raise this in google search by directing comments to it?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    There would be zero backlash if Wead weren't promoting it as if Ron wants to move it to Jerusalem.
    Ron never said that WE would move anyone's capital, and that someone on Fark is commenting that he did doesn't change that.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Yes, the issue is not the capitol, it's our embassy.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

And, I see no reason to argue about it with others on that fark site. I agree with sailingaway, don't give google the search stats on it. Besides, it's a useless set of arguments there.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Why on earth would we want to raise this in google search by directing comments to it?
    I don't get the big deal with the links. I don't see what we or Ron Paul has to hide. Ever.

I know a way to save us both a lot of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

And, I see no reason to argue about it with others on that fark site. I agree with sailingaway, don't give google the search stats on it. Besides, it's a useless set of arguments there.
    If you don't want to play. Don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was kind of hoping for your help and see fark turn back around to what it once was.

I suppose as so goes fark so goes Liberty Forest.

I really don't get your fear of links here. It is a big world we need to bring in. Breaking links is kind of like just that; breaking links.

What is a poor man to do that has enough of a problem reaching out if he can't work on it here at home?

Do people not understand the consquences of this issue? You may have personal feelings that it's a non-issue for Ron's campaign, but it is an issue, a big one, now that Doug has opened this can of worms. And arguing with a bunch of ignorant people is only going to make things worse. And, if Ron's real stance on the issue is as all presidents in the last 50 years have been, it's not politically correct to bring it up in public, or else the candidate is going to piss a lot of people off either way. But now, doug has opened this can of f**king worms.

P.S. If any of you do wander up upon this thread now and find your way to fark to post.

Don't let them eat you up. Try and play off of the good people there. Try to let it roll of like water off of a ducks back...then remind me!

Ever since we had some articles there about the government moving into watching the Internet and places like this the nastiness seemed to expand on a grand scale. The again maybe it is just me.

They can really chew you up and spit you out. There are also those that admit to copy and pasting the same attacks in every Ron Paul thread.

I suppose I should have warned you right off...then again, like I say, maybe it is just me.

I would be nice to be able to find meat again amongst the vile there. I've only ever kept track of the people I liked with their with their way of tracking your favorite people. It makes the favorites you've picked have colored background. I toyed with the idea of making some the color pink so I could skip over them. I gave it a try but couldn't find a pink, pink enough and besides it went against my principles. It is enough work trying to keep up with the good.
    Last edited by Carson; 04-15-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Ron never said that WE would move anyone's capital, and that someone on Fark is commenting that he did doesn't change that.
    I know. Wead's pandering is giving people the impression that Ron is taking pointers from Gingrich in this issue, not anything Ron said. It's really not hard for me to see why people would think Ron said he'd move it, since news sites are carrying Wead's spun headline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Do people not understand the consquences of this issue? You may have personal feelings that it's a non-issue for Ron's campaign, but it is an issue, a big one, now that Doug has opened this can of worms. And arguing with a bunch of ignorant people is only going to make things worse. And, if Ron's real stance on the issue is as all presidents in the last 50 years have been, it's not politically correct to bring it up in public, or else the candidate is going to piss a lot of people off either way. But now, doug has opened this can of f**king worms.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^^

try googling "The problem with Jerusalem" and read for about 4 hours before getting into this any more.

going raises it in the list of hits when people google Ron. We want people to see good, accurate stuff about Ron. Not nutso nasty stuff about Ron. So why do we want live links or to give it traffic, both of which raise it in google search? We have a lot of internet strength. Seems to me we should use it to get out our candidates's message, not the spin by the other side. The internet is the only medium that gives Ron a fair break, as it is.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Breaking hard earned links is one thing.

Just who do are you that you post your comments under my name??????????????????????????????/

Stalin removed people then their pictures I was just seeing on the History channel. How much of the rest of Liberty Forest has been rewritten in your own image?

I would have checked it out, but the links are broken.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Breaking hard earned links is one thing.

Just who do are you that you post your comments under my name??????????????????????????????/

Stalin removed people then their pictures I was just seeing on the History channel. How much of the rest of Liberty Forest has been rewritten in your own image?
    You can still edit your own post. Change the links back if it's bothering you so much.

Or do what I do: wait until the thread dies (falls to page two), and then edit the links back to the way they were. The moderators will likely never find out because they'll have completely forgotten about it, and the original link will permanently remain.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 04-16-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    You can still edit your own post. Change the links back if it's bothering you so much.

Or do what I do: wait until the thread dies (falls to page two), and then edit the links back to the way they were. The moderators will likely never find out because they'll have completely forgotten about it, and the original link will permanently remain.
    It did bother me but not bad enough to change them back.

The threads over on fark have a really short life span. A day is pretty much tops then it is on to poking a stick in your eye with something else. I did spot a new Ron Paul thread there at lunch. Some Ron Paul people were already there doing what they could.

P.S. If you go check fark out keep in mind we don't want to so much annihilate them so much as we need to educate them to win them over.