Thread: Pink Slime in what stores and burger places?

Pink Slime in what stores and burger places?

Does anyone have a list of the burger and grocery stores in California that sell pink slime? I also wanted to find out if "InNout burger" used it especially. thanks

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's everywhere. That is probably not hyperbole, either.

Buy meat from a farm, at the farm, to avoid it 100%.

The major stores have all said they are discontinuing it.
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...print&page=all
    MARKETS PROMISE NO ‘PINK SLIME’ IN MEAT

Ralphs, Albertsons, Vons among latest to change offerings

By Tanya Mannes

Originally published March 23, 2012 at 12:01 a.m., updated March 22, 2012 at 8:46 p.m.

Supermarket chains Ralphs, Food 4 Less, Albertsons and Vons this week joined a growing list of store chains that will no longer sell beef that includes an additive with the unappetizing moniker “pink slime.”

The meat filler made from waste scraps has been sold by many supermarkets in San Diego County, although many of the grocers are planning to stop using it as an ingredient in ground beef, responding to consumer demand.
    Even at them if they used it, it was mostly in frozen patties. At my local Vons the hamburg gets ground fresh every day on site.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-15-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Even at them if they used it, it was mostly in frozen patties. At my local Vons the hamburg gets ground fresh every day on site.
    What about Raleys, Safeway and In N out burger?

Glad it's banned in Canada.
    Last edited by menoname; 04-16-2012 at 04:26 AM.
    Ron Paul, a ten-term congressman from Texas, is the leading advocate of freedom in our nation’s capital. He has devoted his political career to the defense of individual liberty, sound money, and a noninterventionist foreign policy. Judge Andrew Napolitano calls him “The Thomas Jefferson of our day.”

Quote Originally Posted by csu1987 View Post
    What about Raleys, Safeway and In N out burger?
    Vons is a local name for Safeway. Ralph's would be the same as Krogers or King Soopers.

Vons is a local name for Safeway. Ralph's would be the same as Krogers or King Soopers.
    What about Raleys/Bel aire?

Dang, I wish they would just label it rather than ceasing to use it altogether. I frankly don't mind the stuff, but now thanks to this silly outrage I'm likely going to have to pay more per pound for ground beef.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by csu1987 View Post
    What about Raleys/Bel aire?
    You could try google. http://www.sacbee.com/2012/03/23/435...ling-pink.html

Raley's, Safeway stop selling 'pink slime' beef products
    Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/03/23/435...#storylink=cpy
    Customer concerns over "pink slime," the ground beef additive with the unfortunate nickname, have led Safeway and West Sacramento-based Raley's Fine Foods to stop selling products containing the filler.

The supermarket chains join a growing list of grocers nationwide, including Kroger Co. and Supervalu Inc., which owns the Albertsons and Lucky grocery chains, that have yanked the products.

The filler is known in the beef industry as "lean, finely textured beef," or LFTB.

Safeway on Wednesday said it will stop selling fresh or frozen ground beef with the filler.

Raley's officials released a statement that said it doesn't use the filler in its fresh ground beef products or in its "Black Angus" frozen beef patties. Raley's said it does sell other frozen beef patties with the additive, but will stop.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/03/23/435...#storylink=cpy

I highly doubt In n Out ever sold it, you should be fine with their beef. In fact I'd put $100 on it right now.

Raleys and Safeway are saying they are discontinuing it, but I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND not buying meat from them anyway.

Stick to grass-fed, no hormones, no rbst, no anti-biotics, etc.. Do you have a whole foods or trader joe's? Sprouts? Henry's?
    Last edited by dannno; 04-19-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I highly doubt In n Out ever sold it, you should be fine with their beef. In fact I'd put $100 on it right now.

Raleys and Safeway are saying they are discontinuing it, but I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND not buying meat from them anyway.

Stick to grass-fed, no hormones, no rbst, no anti-biotics, etc.. Do you have a whole foods or trader joe's? Sprouts? Henry's?
    We have a trader joe's. Do you think their meat is ok?

Trader Joe's is rebranded products made by others and they don't reveal their sources (I did read one article which said that Stoneyfield made their yogurt and Stacy's makes their pita chips) but in the regular supermarkets the only place you found pink slime was in frozen patties and TJ's doesn't sell those- it was not in fresh ground meat. I am sure their meat is fine.

An old thread. Standards are slipping...

I buy meat on the farm, I also avoid it.

At my local Vons the hamburg gets ground fresh every day on site.
    What happened? Did you tell someone if you were wrong you'd eat your hat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Did anyone even notice a difference?

Or did they just make extra hot dogs and scrapple, and people ate it anyway?

In the last 7 years I've become a pretty big fan of Spam, too... because an animal product that was "processed" by being put in a blender is still delicious.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Did anyone even notice a difference?

Or did they just make extra hot dogs and scrapple, and people ate it anyway?

In the last 7 years I've become a pretty big fan of Spam, too... because an animal product that was "processed" by being put in a blender is still delicious.
    Try yah some NJ Pork Roll.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-15-2019 at 07:43 PM.