Thread: District Convention bans electronic devices

District Convention bans electronic devices

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Do you know what district he is in?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Can they even legitimately do this?

Also would bringing a lawyer possibly help? How about a sheriff?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm just not really sure what can and cannot be done in this scenario.

as we know from St Charles, they can't just 'post' a new rule, it has to be voted on, so the question is whether they have the votes to vote it in as a rule, and if our people know the rules enough to realize they have to vote it in as a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Do you know what district he is in?
    In Georgia (says on the building), what district? I dunno

I would put up a sign that says "no posting signs of new rules without properly voting on them beyond this point."

I'm so sick of these dirty tricks. I don't necessarily want to see people arrested, but I do want to see them in a situation where they feel the same way we do, just so they can properly understand why we are so enthusiastic about it.
    Last edited by revned; 04-14-2012 at 11:22 AM.

LOL @ revned. Great idea. If you can fit it in front of the suspicious "no electronic devices" sign, that would be awesome. The establishment would not even know about the swap for awhile possibly.

ETA: Georgia is a one-party recording state apparently. So few legal concerns, just RRO issues.
    Last edited by Titus; 04-14-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    Want more information regarding the chaos surrounding the 2012 Republican Nomination? Check out http://www.electionchaos.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think he's in district four (technically 004) but that's my guess. I googled the number on the door and the name of the building and placed it on the official GOP map.
    Want more information regarding the chaos surrounding the 2012 Republican Nomination? Check out http://www.electionchaos.com

CD4 GA. No it was never voted on. I opened my phone to do some quick math for a 2/3 vote and had a cop right on me basically telling me to put it away or I would be kicked out and possibly arrested. We had people recording so I wasn't so concerned about it. We didn't have a majority, but we had enough of a minority to stop the slate from being slammed through - but they illegally slammed it through anyways.

I just don't understand why they don't want discussion. Discussion is healthy.

I put it away, b/c at that point it wasn't necessary to make a stint about it. It would have been interesting through to have been arrested. I think the worst things I've done in my life is get 3 speeding tickets?? Shoot, I don't even drink and I try not to 'cuss (okay every now and thing it comes out).

Good thing we had a lawyer in our group who would have pleaded my case as an unlawful arrest!

more the reason to use spy cameras. those bastards might feel more confident and do more extreme things if they feel that theres no electronic device allowed to record their actions. they might do more extreme shenanigans.

catch those jerks and post it everywhere and send it to ben swann. we should start a fund to get convention goers some spy cameras or something

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    more the reason to use spy cameras. those bastards might feel more confident and do more extreme things if they feel that theres no electronic device allowed to record their actions. they might do more extreme shenanigans.

catch those jerks and post it everywhere and send it to ben swann. we should start a fund to get convention goers some spy cameras or something
    Not a bad idea you have there
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

I hope that some day someone makes a monument to Ben Swann.

Quote Originally Posted by gte811i View Post
    I put it away, b/c at that point it wasn't necessary to make a stint about it. It would have been interesting through to have been arrested. I think the worst things I've done in my life is get 3 speeding tickets?? Shoot, I don't even drink and I try not to 'cuss (okay every now and thing it comes out).

Good thing we had a lawyer in our group who would have pleaded my case as an unlawful arrest!
    Can't man. I'm in California. Or did you mean someone there?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Can't man. I'm in California. Or did you mean someone there?
    No someone at our convention.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.