Thread: Scandal poses as a major threat to campaign?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scandal poses as a major threat to campaign?

SALT LAKE CITY — A new report raises questions about one of Mitt Romney's sources of campaign money, who was also a key figure in the Olympic bribery scandal and the subsequent trial.
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1997...&s_cid=queue-1

Will anyone dare attack this because I'm not seein any media report on it.

If the Dems went after him now the beans will spill everywhere.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i think people will be "so?" just as long as he can beat obama, even though he cannot.

scandal would be like if they find a dead hooker in romney's bedroom closet with his DNA inside the hooker. or maybe he is a drug dealer.

democrats and republicans are just 2 sides of the same coin =P.. no way in hell they want to attack romney too hard and risk ron being the nominee. they will only throw some soft balls at romney just to keep the illusion that the two parties are enemies and different.

But.. But.. Mitt Romney is the most "electable"!

If Ron paul attacks him on this... the MSM would be like " He wants to weaken Romney against Obama, Ron Paul truely does want OBAMA to win " something like that,,
    NEBRASKA FOR RON PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by Drex View Post
    If Ron paul attacks him on this... the MSM would be like " He wants to weaken Romney against Obama, Ron Paul truely does want OBAMA to win " something like that,,
    damned if we dont. damned if we do. i rather have romney lose if he gets nomination.

maybe that is why ron has not attacked romney seriously besides called him a democrat, flipflopper, or moderate. nothing harsh or anything like on gingrich or santorum. ron slammed those two.

It's very simple, at least to me.

If Romney is just like most all other politicians and is purely bought and paid for and has indeed sold his soul to secure his place in the power structure then he will have committed legitimate, actual, real crimes that someone, somewhere, has documentation about. That's how the system maintains control over politicians by and large, simple blackmail.

If things are indeed coming to a head in world events and there are 'good guys' in positions where they could expose such demonstrable, incontrovertible evidence in the appropriate legal venue then yes, Romney could be forced to end his campaign tomorrow.

I have no knowledge of any such crime and therefore cannot accuse Romney of such, and I note that the existence of at least a cordial, respectful relation between the Romney family and the Paul family is at least partially indicative that Romney may not be corrupt like this.

But isn't it interesting that the only thing standing in the way of Ron Paul becoming President is now nothing more than Mitt Romney? I mean, that's the best the Republicans can pretend to do?
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

Only way to have a large effect is if Ron compiles a comprehensive list of all of Romney's scandals/crimes that he is going to say... go on national TV and say it all. Of course =P Ron is too gentleman to do such a thing lol.

Still waiting on that press conference or something to capture santorum supporters before they go to romney.

I call this press conference because after talking with my campaign senior advisors... we all come to the conclusion that... Romney is a sleezy politician. thank you.

This would piss Romney off and he would start attacking Ron, which is what we want to happen. If romney attacks ron in retaliation, we will be on the radar and people would know that ron paul still exists. Frankly, a lot of people think that Ron Paul dropped and don't know that he is still running.

Although, I don't know if Romney would fall of this trap... but it is a win win situation. ron bashes romney and ron will be more noticeable.
    Last edited by alucard13mmfmj; 04-14-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    Only way to have a large effect is if Ron compiles a comprehensive list of all of Romney's scandals/crimes that he is going to say... go on national TV and say it all. Of course =P Ron is too gentleman to do such a thing lol.

Still waiting on that press conference or something to capture santorum supporters before they go to romney.

I call this press conference because after talking with my campaign senior advisors... we all come to the conclusion that... Romney is a sleezy politician. thank you.

This would piss Romney off and he would start attacking Ron, which is what we want to happen. If romney attacks ron in retaliation, we will be on the radar and people would know that ron paul still exists. Frankly, a lot of people think that Ron Paul dropped and don't know that he is still running.

Although, I don't know if Romney would fall of this trap... but it is a win win situation. ron bashes romney and ron will be more noticeable.
    The best part about it is that Ron has nothing to hide

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As long as Master Romney promises the average GOP voters that he'll protect little baby from the big bad third world dirt farmers invading by canoe, they'll stand by their savior, on bended knees with their face in the dirt.

Things like this are likely to destroy him in the general election.

I have no expectation that the media is interested in breaking a story hurtful to Romney at this point however to any level they are able to actually do so, but just wait, as soon as they figure he has the delegates to be the nominee wrapped up, things like this will come out like a whirlwind. These here are just those jumping the gun. How convenient coming right after Santorum dropped isn't it. Indeed.

They engineer their own narratives to sell papers. Breaking it too early doesn't net enough fish. Look for this to flare up later on however.

That is my expectation at least.

edit.
    Last edited by carterm; 04-16-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Media won't touch it.

(at least until Romney wins nomination)
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book