Thread: It's Now Or Never For Steve Deace

It's Now Or Never For Steve Deace

It's Now Or Never For Ron Paul

http://townhall.com/columnists/steve...aul/page/full/

Steve Deace seems to want a life boat after the santo sank. Better late than never.

I can’t wait to see the Paul Campaign deconstruct Romney’s violations of Constitutional orthodoxy the way they went after Santorum’s and Newt Gingrich’s. Won’t that be fun? Boy, with some real resources behind him and such a consistent record of standing for first principles, this ought to be an easy sale for the (self-branded) only Constitutionalist to close.

I anxiously anticipate the confrontation every bit as much as Romney does. In fact, I’ll bet he’s shaking in his boots as we speak.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    give the guy a chance. He was saying Paul or Gingrich but Gingrich faked through the motions to every dotted i and every crossed t and Ron only tells the truth, granted that he is in reality much closer to the truth of what they asked for than Gingrich, by a wide margin. He did NOT jump on the Santa bandwagon, but stuck with Grinch. My own father likes Grinch - he just likes to see him take people on.

So let's see where this goes. I have to finish reading it....

the thing is, people to whom red meat comes easy think you should just insult people. Ron can deconstruct Romney's positions without being insulting personally. He HAS called Romney a Democrat and suggested he should have no problem coming around to Ron's views because he has held so many views already....
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-14-2012 at 12:31 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I read this earlier this evening. My impression was that Deace was being mostly sarcastic. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    I read this earlier this evening. My impression was that Deace was being mostly sarcastic. I could be wrong though.
    he was being tongue in cheek, but laying down a challenge, and I believe, holding out hope of his support if Ron can show strength.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    he was being tongue in cheek, but laying down a challenge, and I believe, holding out hope of his support if Ron can show strength.
    You're probably right.

Yeah, Ron isn't as "aggressive" as general populace would like him to be, people want an ASSERTIVE leader, history bares that out, be it good ones or bad ones, they generally were those that took the initiative, people like that & Ron doesn't exude that aura, he needs to though & I'm sure many will want to consider him as his integrity & economic & civil-liberties credentials are already recognized by most non-Pauls anyway
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

give the guy a chance. He was saying Paul or Gingrich but Gingrich faked through the motions to every dotted i and every crossed t and Ron only tells the truth, granted that he is in reality much closer to the truth of what they asked for than Gingrich, by a wide margin. He did NOT jump on the Santa bandwagon, but stuck with Grinch. My own father likes Grinch - he just likes to see him take people on.

So let's see where this goes. I have to finish reading it....

the thing is, people to whom red meat comes easy think you should just insult people. Ron can deconstruct Romney's positions without being insulting personally. He HAS called Romney a Democrat and suggested he should have no problem coming around to Ron's views because he has held so many views already....
    Deace is clearly insulting Ron. And for people who don't really think, like Deace, this is what passes for intelligence. Somehow, calling Romney a flip flopper and basically saying he is a chameleon isn't enough for Deace. Ron needs to eviscerate Romney or he isn't a real Republican. But the truth is this: Everyone knows what Romney is. He's impossible to insult. Someone who clearly has no moral center, no core beliefs is simply impossible to call out. Whereas, Deace's not-so-secret man crush, Santorum, is easy to tar because he claims to be consistent, yet he's been just as flexible as Romney when it meant going along with the team.

Reading this Deace piece as anything but cynical and insulting is giving a huge steaming pile of dog waste a benefit of the doubt that he does not deserve. Sometimes things are exactly what they appear to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BKom View Post
    Deace is clearly insulting Ron. And for people who don't really think, like Deace, this is what passes for intelligence. Somehow, calling Romney a flip flopper and basically saying he is a chameleon isn't enough for Deace. Ron needs to eviscerate Romney or he isn't a real Republican. But the truth is this: Everyone knows what Romney is. He's impossible to insult. Someone who clearly has no moral center, no core beliefs is simply impossible to call out. Whereas, Deace's not-so-secret man crush, Santorum, is easy to tar because he claims to be consistent, yet he's been just as flexible as Romney when it meant going along with the team.

Reading this Deace piece as anything but cynical and insulting is giving a huge steaming pile of dog waste a benefit of the doubt that he does not deserve. Sometimes things are exactly what they appear to be.
    as I said Deace did NOT endorse Santorum, he endorsed Gingrich. Mind you he did it days before Santorum 'surged' as the 'unity evangelist vote', but he said later Santorum was just too big govt, but better than Romney.

He also had Tom Woods on his radio show and introduced him as 'brilliant'. He ASKED Ron to come on his show many many times but it didn't happen. I think it kinda made him unhappy with Ron. He did hold out branches (sorta) now and then, at one point saying it was down to Gingrich or Ron.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-14-2012 at 12:39 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.