Thread: WA, LD48 caucus results (King County)

WA, LD48 caucus results (King County)

Romney had 52% of the delegates, we had 35%. The deal was struck and we got

2 Ron Paul delegates out of 28 going to the state convention and got 6 alternates. First of our alternates is at position #4 so a good chance to be seated.

It is disappointing, but easily explainable since we had 160 precincts in LD48, most of the precincts elect 2 delegates +1 automatic delegate (PCO).

By my count we did won the majority of delegates from the precincts in LD48, but, after you plug in PCOs (all but 7 are for Romney), we were outvoted.

We had about 270 delegates attending and with about 140 Romney guys and 128 ours 1 santa 1 gingrich. Just a few more people and we would have owned it. A few Santorum and Newt guys switched to Romney, others did not come.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is the county where they put in PCOs unilaterally after the deadline had closed, which the Paul campaign challenged and said they would challenge seating of them?

good work. If you don't have the numbers you don't. Too bad about that 1000 people shut out of the caucuses because the room was too small.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I did not follow the campaign challenge, but I was attending LD48 republican party meetings for the last 8 month. There was a redistricting, new PCO were elected, but that is for the new precinct boundaries. Current caucuses are still going on "pre-redistricting" boundaries, so new PCO are not eligible to participate.

Did great in 11th:

South Seattle District (LD 11th) Caucus results today:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...50#post4357150

we had a "unity" slate that the local guy worked tirelessly on - and we ended up with only two folks on that slate. 25 of the 28 delegates elected after the first vote were all on this slate, including our two. some of the notables running on the unity slate included former Senator Slade Gorton, perenial "conservative" mouthpiece and losing gov. candidate in 2000 John Carlson, former state GOP chair, and other perenial big-wig (and big gov't) district republicans including current and former district chairs.

i voted for RP people, most RP people probably voted slate (can't explain any other way how i could have possilby been tossed after the first vote )

there was a texting system and i was extremely disappointed following the first vote when the request from the local campaign guy came in that we support the remaining three "unity" candidates rather than any for 3 favored Ron Paul guys. the guy that sent the text is someone i know, and he really believed that was best (for some reason).

the people around myself selected 3 folks remaining on the ballot that we liked and one of them made it to the next round. i think we missed a small opportunity to pick up another two or three delegate spots because of this.

but to put a ray of hope behind my pathetic day at the caucuses, i still think we can win Washington State.

ps - they tried to put forth a rules addendum that included "no recording devices." the motion was made to get rid of this and after a bit of debate - primarily old guys against and us for - the motion passed overwhelmingly (after division, of course, by a 3:2 margin).

Surf, where were you in the auditorium? What is your # on the delegate list? Mine was #75 I was at right side 2nd row. Near Jeff Jared and a few rows below Slade Gordon. I was suprised to have made to 2nd ballot.

It was somewhat ironic, because when Slade Gordon lost his senatoriol seat, Jeff Jared was running as a libertarian and his vote percentage was higher than the margin that Slade lost his seat to (D).
    Last edited by Harald; 04-14-2012 at 09:20 PM.