Thread: And You Thought It Was Just ‘Pink’ Slime

And You Thought It Was Just ‘Pink’ Slime

http://www.propublica.org/special/an...ust-pink-slime

The article isnt formatted like normal news stories. This one you'll have to click to read.

---

Personally, I would have less objection to the use of Pink Slime if the Meat Industry would simply LABEL it. Its this Deceptive Business Practice that they refuse to own up to is what is pissing me off more than what they are doing to the meat.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Personally, I would have less objection to the use of Pink Slime if the Meat Industry would simply LABEL it. Its this Deceptive Business Practice that they refuse to own up to is what is pissing me off more than what they are doing to the meat.
    Agree. That to me is my main concern. I just want to be able to make an informed choice of what I put into my body. The market will work itself out. I may have to pay more for 'better' but at least I'm informed of my options.

I agree completely. Hell, I wouldn't mind if people sold dung for consumption, as long as it was labeled as such so I could decide whether or not to buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Wouldn't it be great if we could sell all of our bodily fluids to food processing plants. They're fine to consume as long as you cook them and the public doesn't know about it.

/sarcasm
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if we could sell all of our bodily fluids to food processing plants. They're fine to consume as long as you cook them and the public doesn't know about it.

/sarcasm
    See, now you're thinking Green!

/sarcasm
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    http://www.propublica.org/special/an...ust-pink-slime
    Agree 100%. I don't mind this sort of thing - I LOVE me a good Nathan's Hot Dog.... it's the lying that sucks.
    Well, the thing that pisses me off the most about this whole pink slime debacle is that everyone's panties are in a bunch about feeding it to kids in schools, and paying precisely ZERO attention to what the schools are feeding those kids' minds.

Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post

/sarcasm
    Actually, yeah, it would.
    I would totally collect my family's urine to put on my lawn, if I didn't think it would land me in a rape cage.
    Mankind used its own excrement for food production for millennia, before the state decided it wasn't ok anymore.
    (The fact that it started to get banned at the same time big agro really kicked in is not supposed to concern us.)
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Who thinks any food giant is going to accurately label their food package's? Can we trust them to be honest?

That is where Progressives argue we NEED the FDA, etc.. and I don't have a good reason to tell them why these food giants should NOT be forced to label their product.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Who thinks any food giant is going to accurately label their food package's? Can we trust them to be honest?

That is where Progressives argue we NEED the FDA, etc.. and I don't have a good reason to tell them why these food giants should NOT be forced to label their product.
    Simple enough fix. No FDA needed. State legislation requiring truth in labelling on all food products sold within the state.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Simple enough fix. No FDA needed. State legislation requiring truth in labelling on all food products sold within the state.
    Sounds Constitutional to me!

This.
    I am the spoon.

The FDA are the ones that allow companies not to label it pink slime. If I'm a meat producer who doesn't use pink slime to save a few bucks, I have very little incentive because the FDA labels both products the same.
    Turning the GOP into a party of liberty will not be a quick race, it will be a marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by DEGuy View Post
    The FDA are the ones that allow companies not to label it pink slime. If I'm a meat producer who doesn't use pink slime to save a few bucks, I have very little incentive because the FDA labels both products the same.
    Precisely. The FDA are completely useless when it comes to this issue. Phill4paul has a point with the state legislation. It would actually be Constitutional as well.
    We Must Dissent.

Sounds Constitutional to me!
    They lie you sue.

If it says "beef" on the label, where exactly is the line where it's no longer beef and is now "pink slime"? How does one label according to that line? Who decides that line?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Even that's unnecessary. Just stop buying stuff that doesn't have labels. No diktats necessary. Processed food isn't as healthy anyway. Smart people will respond to customer demand for labels, just as they voluntarily label things like allergies and kosher. You people who think the government is going to fix this are VASTLY over-estimating the intelligence of government workers.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 04-13-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I like information...thanks
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like to know what the hell Im eating! All the info I need! Why are they so adamantly opposed to just being honest, or is it that they are so used to lying to us, that telling the truth is now impossible for them?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Just don't buy anything that you don't either trust or that doesn't have a certification you trust. Why does the state need to label anything?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Does anyone have a list of the burger and groecry stores in California that sell pink slime? I wanted to find out if InNout burger used it especially. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Even that's unnecessary. Just stop buying stuff that doesn't have labels. No diktats necessary. Processed food isn't as healthy anyway. Smart people will respond to customer demand for labels, just as they voluntarily label things like allergies and kosher. You people who think the government is going to fix this are VASTLY over-estimating the intelligence of government workers.

some people just can't be helped.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-14-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

1. Why do we need the FDA for this issue? How is the FDA helping us? They're not, they're actually helping the people who are producing this stuff by not requiring labels for it to get their approval!

2. This stuff is not really poisonous or anything, its just gross (to me at least), and dishonest.

3. What happened once people discovered it? Sale of the stuff plummetted, stores pulled it from their shelves, people were outraged, the companies that made it were scared, and the government came to their defense!! The free market works at satisfying the demands of the consumer. The government doesn't!

If we didn't have the FDA to approve food there would be more of a market for private certification companies that would certify food according to demands of the people buying the stuff. If they were caught doing this their reputation would be harmed badly. Is the monopoly FDA bureaucracy going to suffer at all for this? Hell no.

No, people should not be forced to label their product, but I refuse to buy anything that's not labelled!

Don't fall for the BS progressive talking points.
    Last edited by matt0611; 04-14-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Most of the upstanding companies that I deal with label food ingredients. If they don't, simply don't buy them. Keep it local and buy local. Stay away from prepared foods is a good start.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

some people just can't be helped.
    lolz It seems to be pretty common now to see peanut allergy warnings on products that obviously have peanuts in them. Cracks me up every time I see that kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12