Thread: Tom Woods' Liberty Classroom: The History and Economics They Didn't Teach You

Tom Woods' Liberty Classroom: The History and Economics They Didn't Teach You

Tom Woods' Liberty Classroom: The History and Economics They Didn't Teach You
    Click above to see the website and sign up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PuQCg8khmI

Learn real history and economics in your car. Ask questions of the experts. Become a ferocious debater.

For less than one movie ticket a month, get absolutely everything we have.

Course 1: Austrian Economics, Step by Step

Course 2: United States History to 1877

Course 3: United States History Since 1877

Course 4: Western Civilization to 1500

Course 5: Western Civilization Since 1500

Liberty Classroom Faculty:

Thomas E. Woods, Jr., is the New York Times bestselling author of 11 books, including The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, Nullification, Rollback, Meltdown, and 33 Questions About American History You're Not Supposed to Ask. He holds a bachelor's degree in history from Harvard and his master's and Ph.D. from Columbia University.

Kevin R.C. Gutzman is the New York Times bestselling author of James Madison and the Making of America, The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution, Who Killed the Constitution? (with Thomas Woods), and Virginia's American Revolution.

Brion McClanahan is the author of The Founding Fathers' Guide to the Constitution and The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Founding Fathers.

Jason Jewell is the chairman of the department of humanities at Faulkner University.

Jeffrey M. Herbener is chairman of the department of economics at Grove City College, associate editor of the Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics, and editor of The Meaning of Ludwig von Mises.
    Last edited by FrankRep; 08-25-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have you taken this, Frank? If so, what did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I just learned about the Liberty Classroom. Anything that Tom Woods does tends to be top notch, that's why I'm promoting it.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

This sounds good,but it is not cheap.Has anyone here subscribed to this and has more info?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I am taking it right now, and it is absolutely fantastic thus far. Woods and his crew of world-class academics are devoted to teach you history and economics for cheap in a way that will make you a bulldozer against all of the ridiculous arguments you hear from statists. I strongly recommend it!

This sounds good,but it is not cheap
    You are mistaken. It's 100 bucks for a year and there are five courses up right now. Five courses at a regular college would likely cost $10,000. This is the deal of the century. Hit me up if you want to join because I can get some cash from referring people
    Last edited by NewRightLibertarian; 08-25-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Free Samples:

From Western Civilization to 1500, here’s the introductory lecture:

Introduction to Western Civilization

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQIw00nueLY

From Western Civilization Since 1500, here’s “Renaissance Humanism” and "Absolutism and Mercantilism":

Renaissance Humanism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozwiveNB9w0

Absolutism and Mercantilism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1VHLOHYXq8

From U.S. History to 1877, here’s “The Southern Colonies and the Celts”:

The Southern Colonies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zflX7h0EOiM

From Austrian Economics, Step by Step, here’s an excerpt from “Booms and Busts, Part 2″:

Is the Free Market to Blame for Booms and Busts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbCXdLtcc1M

The Progressive Era

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A-yboiw0d8
    Last edited by FrankRep; 08-25-2012 at 11:36 PM.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    I am taking it right now, and it is absolutely fantastic thus far. Woods and his crew of world-class academics are devoted to teach you history and economics for cheap in a way that will make you a bulldozer against all of the ridiculous arguments you hear from statists. I strongly recommend it!
    I don't have the fastest internet connection,can you get any video content on DVD,or is the audio part alone worth the freight?

I really applaud Dr. Woods for doing this. This is a brilliant idea and for only $100 a year, is quite affordable. I imagine here pretty soon I'll be forking over the $100 to take the courses myself.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NM delete this post
    Last edited by psi2941; 09-06-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    Rand Benedict Paul.
    Not only did he sell us out, this douche bag did it to his own father! I'm more upset him selling his father out. I don't care who i think is going to win i would never sell my father out. If his willing to sell his father out what else is for sale?

I have a current thread asking for feedback on Von Mises Institute courses. This looks good, too.

I have just started taking courses. I could barely afford the 99 bucks, but I figure it's money well spent!

I don't mean to hijack the OP's affiliate link, if that's what is posted above, but I didn't want to start a new thread on the subject either.

For every member referred, you get 30 bucks- so it would be pretty easy to get your money back...

http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=2016

If anyone wants to use my link, please do! I would really appreciate it!

Anyone who signs up for Liberty Classroom before the end of the month (September 2012) gets an autographed copy of one of Woods' books.

FTA: http://www.libertyclassroom.com/max/

Before getting to the links, let’s get to the free book! Join Liberty Classroom by the end of September 2012 and choose from either Nullification, Rollback, or 33 Questions About American History You’re Not Supposed to Ask. Once you sign up, use our contact form to send us your mailing address and your book preference, and I’ll get a signed and personalized copy out to you right away.

PLEASE NOTE: This offer is available only to people living within the continental United States.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Awesome! I just sent a request for my book. Thanks for the info!

How does this work? Do you get to download and own the lectures beyond the year you pay for? I don't quite understand the 99/year. If you immediately have access to all lectures and can view them at any time, then why would anyone pay for more than one year? Aren't you really just paying 99 dollars for 6 classes worth of lectures which you can view at any time (or do they expire)? Lots of questions but very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    How does this work? Do you get to download and own the lectures beyond the year you pay for? I don't quite understand the 99/year. If you immediately have access to all lectures and can view them at any time, then why would anyone pay for more than one year? Aren't you really just paying 99 dollars for 6 classes worth of lectures which you can view at any time (or do they expire)? Lots of questions but very interested.
    He'll be adding more courses as time goes on.

He actually just added an entire new course! "Introduction to Logic". It was added within the past few days. I am still working my way through "western civilization to 1500". It's very good.

Only complaint so far is that the professor for the Austrian Economics course sounds like he is about to say "Bueller?..... Bueller?" Very monotone.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.