Thread: Washington Times writer on what constitutes anti-Semitism

Washington Times writer on what constitutes anti-Semitism

h xxp://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tygrrrr-express/2012/apr/12/ron-paul-supporters-and-anti-semitism/

They now are targeting us, fascinating article...
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-13-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone that dares criticise Israel, or God forbid, Judaism, is immediately called an anti-Semite by the main stream media. But, if you criticise America and/or Christianity you are never called anything by the main stream media. I am sick of it! It is about time that this double standard end! If Jews can't handle criticism of their religion then that is their problem, not ours!

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Anyone that dares criticise Israel, or God forbid, Judaism, is immediately called an anti-Semite by the main stream media. But, if you criticise America and/or Christianity you are never called anything by the main stream media. I am sick of it! It is about time that this double standard end! If Jews can't handle criticism of their religion then that is their problem, not ours!
    Notice how the author does not talk about anti-gay and anti-Islam Santorum supporters. He is very terse and snarky in the comments section.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    They want to keep their terrorist empire going, and they'll use any dirty trick to do it. AIPAC is evil, and sadly too many good Jewish people feel like they're representing their interests.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

However, attacking people as "Israel Firsters" or questioning their loyalty to America is anti-Semitism. So is attacking politicians for waging "Jewish wars." So is screaming that we are not the "United States of Israel." When Pat Buchanan called Congress "Israeli Occupied Territory," it was the late William Buckley who correctly declared that remark anti-Semitic.
    These are the worst arguments in the whole article. Calling someone out for putting Israeli interests above American interests does not equate to anti-semitism.

Neocons are constantly questioning our loyalty when we don't support their pet wars and labeling us as "appeasers".
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Criticizing Israel from a policy standpoint is not anti-Semitism. Israel is admirably self-critical. Referring to Israel as an "Apartheid State" is anti-Semitism. The charge is false, and trivializes real Apartheid.
    This makes no sense. Maybe calling Israel an Apartheid state and not backing it up is untactful, but is it not justified? This has nothing to do with Anti-semitism! That's like saying Hitler didn't hate Jews. The Koenig Memorandum is clear, and EXPLICIT that the government discriminated against Arabs!
    Last edited by Lishy; 04-13-2012 at 05:52 AM.

One look at the guy's resume explains it all. Don't dignify this sort of tripe by calling attention to it!

Are there people in our movement who think THE JOOOOOS control everything, and are secretly working to destroy America and mankind? Yes. Are those people stupid? Yes. Are they as numerous as the rest of us? Hell no.

That said, I think the article is rather fair with the exception of the note that "Israel firster" is a slur. It clearly isn't. I think, though, it is generally inaccurate. We're a nation run by a Brown and Poor People Last attitude, not an Israel First attitude.
    Last edited by KingNothing; 04-13-2012 at 07:52 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reminds me of the righteous indignity displayed by Eliot "World War IV" Cohen in the BBC documentary The War Party, in which he accuses anyone who uses the word "neocon" to harbor at least latent antisemitic tendencies.

Anyone who openly pines for policies that ensure death and destruction are enemies of humanity, and I give not a $#@! what religion (if any) to which that person subscribes.

Control the language, control the thoughts people have.

That's all this article is about, trying to control what language is 'acceptable' so as to keep people from being able to form the necessary thoughts to ask the right questions.

As far as I can tell a 'Jew' or 'Jewish person' is someone who, to a greater or lesser extent, self-identifies with the Jewish religion and/or Jewish culture, nothing more.

A Semite was once a racial designation for a population living in the Levant region thousands of years ago, and Semitic peoples may or my not be Jewish, but these days a Semite seems to refer solely to Jewish people either living in or somehow tied to the Nation State of Israel.

No one is an 'anti-Semite' in the literal meaning of the word since I doubt there is anyone currently alive that is against "a member of any of various ancient and modern peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs."

There are those who are 'anti-Jewish' and who collectively lump all individuals who self-identify with Judaism as 'bad', but this is a very small number of people.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

The Media

Why is it so hard to make the distinction between "Jews" (a people) "Judaism" (a religion) and "Zionism" (a political movement).

And the confusion of Semite/anti-Semite.

Here is a clue,, the word was invented by people that were never of the Semitic race in the first place.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Are there people in our movement who think THE JOOOOOS control everything, and are secretly working to destroy America and mankind? Yes. Are those people stupid? Yes. Are they as numerous as the rest of us? Hell no.

That said, I think the article is rather fair with the exception of the note that "Israel firster" is a slur. It clearly isn't. I think, though, it is generally inaccurate. We're a nation run by a Brown and Poor People Last attitude, not an Israel First attitude.
    You think it's fair because you're a troll and you're not a legitimate supporter.

Or the anti-Palestinian sentiments of Gingrich who says Palestinians don't even exist.

No mention of that.

Hmmm.. author says that saying Israel is an apartheid state is anti-semetic because the statement is false. I don't see how that is, even if it doesn't technically fit the definition it certainly has a lot of elements of being an apartheid state. But I still don't see how saying that makes a person anti-Jewish.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

This guy has quite the logical thought process. According to him the following comment makes you a racist only Hitler's mother could love.

"Im Jewish and i support Paul"

His logic?...

"In 2008 some black people supported McCain, therefore your argument is invalid... self hating RACIST!
    Last edited by Lafayette; 04-13-2012 at 04:23 PM.

I happen to be Jewish. I am also a Neocon. I do care about Israel because it is Jewish in the same way many American blacks have an affection for issues involving Africa.
    Disregard people. He's a Neocon

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've dealt with this sort before and to be perfectly frank, I actually get a little rush up my leg whenever a Neo-con calling me an anti-Semite, it's akin to that feeling when someone trash talks you throughout a friendly game of backyard football and then whines like a bitch after getting his ass handed to him. It's actually quite sad that a good number of Jews, who historically are arguably the smartest people given their pioneering the concept of written language, have fallen to the point of regressing into 3rd rate Sophists. Then again, I get called an anti-Semite by religious Jews also whenever I point out the horrid garbage that the Babylonian Talmud has in it regarding Jesus, Mary, Christians, and Gentiles/Goyim. Apart from a number of secularist Jews who have never studied the Talmud and accepted it as being above the Torah and certain religious sects. who believe the same (aka Messianic types), any time they call someone from another group bigoted, they are exercising the most blatant form of "pot calling the kettle black" imaginable.

People like this airhead wouldn't bother me except for the fact that he is allowed to vote and a legion of idiots who eat up the crap that people like him write also are allowed to vote, otherwise it would be hard to care what they do.

I hate what the Israeli government does but I don't hate anyone for being Jewish or living in Israel.