You have to be very very careful when discussing blowback and fully understand what it means. It is not an excuse for evil behavior.
I have been most active the last few months posting all over the internet and reading comments about the Trayvon Martin shooting. Many of Zimmerman's defenders are using the blowback defense even though they don't actually use that word. Their basic argument being that "there were a number of robberies in that neighborhood conducted by black men. Therefore Zimmerman was right to be on the lookout for black men." Trayvon suffered from blowback as a result of the behavior of other black men.
That is a very dangerous way of thinking. Trayvon had no connection to the robberies. He was going back to his dad's house with skittles. To make any sort of excuse for a cold blooded murder is very very dangerous.
This forum does a little of the same. That Christian woman in Pakistan is in NO WAY connected to US foreign policy.
1. The robberies in Zimmerman's neighborhood were wrong.
2. Shooting an unarmed kid is wrong.
1. US foreign policy is wrong.
2. Christians should not be killed for their religion.
1 and 2 are both true and are not mutually exclusive.
- RonPaulForums.com is an independent grassroots outfit not officially connected to Ron Paul but dedicated to his mission. For more information see our Mission Statement.