Thread: Ross Perot style electronic town hallst

Ross Perot style electronic town hallst

It's a little late now for this suggestion. I made it before to people connected to the campaign and was told they suggested this but Ron wouldn't do it. When Ross Perot ran for president he kept his supporters plugged in by having town hall meetings that were simulcast through video conferencing. He would be live at one site and others would gather at strategic locations around the country. I see the Ron Paul crowd draws in these final months of the campaign and thing to myself "If Ron or Rand or anybody had come to my state what a difference that would have made". Sure they couldn't come physically, but there's not excuse with cheap high speed internet and Skype not to do this nationwide virtually. He's how this could have worked and perhaps still could work.

1) Set up accounts for state and local coordinators only to have access to the web streams.
    2) Put out through meetups / facebook / campaign website where the simulcast events would be held.
    3) Allow each location to forward 1 question / comment to the main site. That would give everyone a really good reason to show up. You want a chance at direct input to the campaign? Here it is.

This could easily be done once a month. And it would give local organizers a great way to draw out supports. It would galvanize the grassroots. And it would be supercheap to do.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    as Tampa looms
    and people plan
    to meet~up---?

As usual, Perot's thought process was ahead of the technology. And there is the issue of FEC regulations, which lead to all sorts of silliness.

Companies can not support campaigns, and campaigns can not own capital assets..... so when I was on the campaign, I had two laptops - one owned by the company, and the other that was leased by the campaign, and the campaign had to "rent" me from the company.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    As usual, Perot's thought process was ahead of the technology. And there is the issue of FEC regulations, which lead to all sorts of silliness.

Companies can not support campaigns, and campaigns can not own capital assets..... so when I was on the campaign, I had two laptops - one owned by the company, and the other that was leased by the campaign, and the campaign had to "rent" me from the company.
    That's rather nuts. But one thing we aren't short on is techies with extra equipment lying around that could be borrowed for a one day event. I was visiting a friend who's wife had just had a baby and he had the hospital room looking like an IT command center with 3 laptops and an ad hoc secure wireless network. I'm sure this is something we could (could have) pulled off. At least this idea is early for 2016 and Rand.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^true^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^