The few times I've even begun to dig into the issue of individual sovereignty from a legal perspective I immediately run into all number of people who want to sell books or videos or seminars or even personal advice on the topic, and it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that most of these are scams.

However, the one thing I do know is that I have zero knowledge of all things law and legal and not much incentive to learn since it really is the opposite of science and math, which is what I do for 'fun' and work.

HOWEVER, having said that, I am trying to understand if there is really something that one person can do, by themselves with but a modest amount of legal help to make sure documents are notarized and apostilliated and filed correctly and submitted correctly and such, so that, in the event one ever does become involved in a legal dispute, one has already established a legal 'something' that can be introduced to whatever judge one is brought before and that cannot be ignored.

Obviously the default answer is to simply have an attorney on retainer, and this might be part of it, but one item that caught my attention as a possible pre-emptive step is what has been discussed in the speculative thread I made about hypothetical mass arrests of politicians, bankers, et.al., that is for an individual or group of individuals to file a petition of notice, or perhaps a Petition of Notice, using correct legal procedure, to The Court of International Justice at The Hague, and in return receiving simply an official acknowledgement from them addressed to you stating they are in possession of said documents.

Apparently it's a little bit more involved that just simply printing out a letter and sending it certified mail, but it is very true that US States and groups within States are able to file such petitions, and apparently if one does this correctly, legally, and using the appropriate State offices to have the correct legal seals, then it is a true legal proceeding.

Now what to do when one receives acknowledgement of receipt of a Petition of Notification from the Hague, and exactly what language one actually uses to create such a document and what exactly is allowed to be included I don't know, but it does seem to me that were one, as an individual, in possession of such a receipt, that this could be used in any court of law at the least to introduce the fact that the proceedings taking place impact on a pre-existing relationship between oneself and The International Court of Justice.

If some of the above sounds like legaleese mumbo-jumbo it's because it is, but apparently sometime having the right legaleeze mumbo-jumbo may actually give an individual a legal standing that he/she may not otherwise have, and this could be the basis of some sort of step to assert one's sovereign individuality if need be.

Anyone know more than I do about this, or better yet have any experience in international law and the filing of petitions of notice? A cursory bit of research indicates that they are used in international adoption cases, kidnappings, and sometimes for incidents involving tourists in foreign countries, so it doesn't look like an impossible thing to accomplish.

I dunno...