- RonPaulForums.com is an independent grassroots outfit not officially connected to Ron Paul but dedicated to his mission. For more information see our Mission Statement.
"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul
"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden
Last edited by pcgame; 05-21-2012 at 01:57 PM.
What's his race look like in OKlahoma? I'm a big RJ Harris fan.
It's a smart move. RJ Harris is an experienced movement member with a chance at a Congressional seat. He was fighting the tides in for the Presidential nomination, but for Congress, I think he could raise a lot of money from Ron Paul's core supporters.
Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 04-14-2012 at 07:29 PM.
If not, this movement is in serious trouble once Ron takes his leave.
RJ seems like a decent enough guy, but I think he needs to develop his own persona and platform a bit. It's pretty cool that he's essentially speaking in nothing but Ron Paul talking points, but it almost seems forced at times. Who knows, maybe he just gets nervous during public speaking arrangements, and perhaps that's why he looks like he's about to rage all the time.
The epitome of libertarian populismOriginally Posted by Ron Paul
* Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.
* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.
* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.
* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.
Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]
Not to mention Harris used fake polls from Persistence Consulting (same as used by Bill Johnson in Kentucky) to make his race seem winnable and to get people to donate. See also:
Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 04-16-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Harris was trying to rally an upset DailyPaul to ditch Paul and donate to him. That's what he was doing, plain as day. Ron Paul never used his race in TX-14 to go after a freshman candidate in, say, NY-3. Rand Paul was not Harris' opponent, so why say anything? Especially when Paul was closer to him ideologically than almost any other federal candidate running that year. Harris' choice to attack Paul unprovoked was just bizarre.
Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 04-18-2012 at 10:15 PM.
It was incredibly silly. And stupid.
He's running as an independent? Seems like a waste of time and money, to be completely honest.