Thread: Things we hold most dear: safety, survival, economic well being -- Fred Thompson

Things we hold most dear: safety, survival, economic well being -- Fred Thompson

Here's the quote:
    ------------------- 8<
    We'll we're at a crossroads in many respects, and, uh, we're going to have to do what other generations have done. That is come together, for a change, and uh... and solve em.
    The things that we hold most dear -- that is our safety, our very survival, certainly our economic well being, uh is at stake. With regard not only to our own families, but regard to
    future generations. There is nothing that could be more serious than the things that this generation is going to face and is already facing.
    ------------------ >8

Link: http://www.softgreenglow.com/wp/?p=3973 (edit: quote shows up within the first 30 seconds.)

You know, I have to give him credit for being honest -- in that sort of John Snow "we're going to devalue the dollar" sort of way.

We don't care about freedom or liberty anymore, much less hold it dear. We care about SAFETY. SURVIVAL. ECONOMIC WELL BEING.

And if it takes a totalitarian police state to do it, well by Jesus, that's what we'll do, praise Ronald Reagan. If you object, don't forget theres an EVIL TERRORIST out there to get you if you complain.

Bah, speak for yourself and your neocons, Fred. I know some people who still value liberty over safety. One of them is named Ron Paul.
    Free and Alive
    Ron Paul 2008

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    does anyone have an idea how this Zionist neocon shill became such a prominent figure in the right wing? I don't listen to talk radio...are they pimping this guy? is it because of Law & Order, Die Hard 2? his support seemed to coalesce out of nowhere, it's kinda bizarre.

I really believe one of the reasons they're keeping him out is because they're preventing him from destroying himself early. He thinks it's unnecessary to begin debating so early.. or so he says. I think he's trying to save face and do as much as possible by doing nothing.
    I'm DjLoTi =) Liveontheisland =) I live on an island =) It's my island =)

Exactly, they are examining the playing field and they'll write his "script" for the role of President. He'd be as big of a puppet as Bush or more so...

Unhappy

Is this commentary that Liberty is no longer a priority, something held dear, by the American people, even so-called conservatives?
    In your hearts, you know he's right.

Ok, the point is that they're not even PRETENDING to support liberty or freedom. Not even giving it lip service like Bush's Orwellean speeches. March of freedom, etc.

They're not selling freedom anymore. They're selling security. Security and fear. (See other post here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3304 )
    Free and Alive
    Ron Paul 2008

good call, we've been working in that direction for decades. knowing that it's in full effect is just confirmation of my convictions...if we are going to be serious about American foreign policy, we only need look to its source:

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default...=178&nid=12993

Of the dozen or so candidates contesting the nomination, Thompson is among the most supportive of Israel.
    Last edited by Chad; 06-19-2007 at 08:01 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    does anyone have an idea how this Zionist neocon shill became such a prominent figure in the right wing? I don't listen to talk radio...are they pimping this guy? is it because of Law & Order, Die Hard 2? his support seemed to coalesce out of nowhere, it's kinda bizarre.
    It was actually "The Hunt for Red October" that launched him into the political lime-light
    Go Farther Forward. Your source for self sufficient living. http://fartherforward.com

Quote Originally Posted by jjschless View Post
    Just imagine a puppet like Bush with better speaking skills.
    Ugh. Now *that's* a scary thought!

They talk about this guy like hes some kind of legendary mystic hero, standing in the distance, waiting to see if its even worth his time to mop the floor with all the rest of the commoners who arnt tough enough to play with the big boys.

Remember...
    Even with all of the "uh"s in that statement, he's still...

INTERNET-SAAVY!!!...and he's going to take over the presidential stage by storm!!

(all I'm hearing is Law & Order DOINK-DOINKS!)

Quote Originally Posted by cujothekitten View Post
    Yup
    How much more disrespectful can you be to one of the greatest days in the history of humanity?

I would be angry if any candidate did this, no matter their beliefs. You don't use our Independence Day to prop up your own campaign. That is just wrong.

[Edit To Note: Weird post order. Supposed to be after Cujo.]
    Last edited by X_805; 06-19-2007 at 10:44 PM.

Isn't this guy planning to announce on Independence Day?

Quote Originally Posted by X_805 View Post
    Isn't this guy planning to announce on Independence Day?
    Yup
    Come see my website
    www.tingomedia.com