Thread: Assault on property rights

Assault on property rights

So I had court this morning but that isn't what this is about. Was waiting to talk to judge again when they called a case of my county vs some guy. Guy was accused of working on and storing boats on HIS property they claimed he was operating a business on agricultural land and it was against the law. I kept thinking this was the biggest assault on property rights I had ever heard or seen in my life. He owned the land and was not running a business according to him but was still fined 3k for doing so and having a sign up on the property saying he worked on boats. Then they put him on 6 months probation and said he was banned from going on that property for the length of his probation! WOW!. I wanted to stand up and yell at the idiots that they were taking the man's rights to his own property away from him and that was unconstitutional. Of course a bunch of whiney neighbors showed up to say they heard him pressure washing his boats blah blah blah...he tried to defend himself saying the pressure washing was just like someone cutting their grass it was on his property and they had no right to tell him he couldn't do it. The judge just didn't care. 1k fine for each count.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissent View Post
    So I had court this morning but that isn't what this is about. Was waiting to talk to judge again when they called a case of my county vs some guy. Guy was accused of working on and storing boats on HIS property they claimed he was operating a business on agricultural land and it was against the law. I kept thinking this was the biggest assault on property rights I had ever heard or seen in my life. He owned the land and was not running a business according to him but was still fined 3k for doing so and having a sign up on the property saying he worked on boats. Then they put him on 6 months probation and said he was banned from going on that property for the length of his probation! WOW!. I wanted to stand up and yell at the idiots that they were taking the man's rights to his own property away from him and that was unconstitutional. Of course a bunch of whiney neighbors showed up to say they heard him pressure washing his boats blah blah blah...he tried to defend himself saying the pressure washing was just like someone cutting their grass it was on his property and they had no right to tell him he couldn't do it. The judge just didn't care. 1k fine for each count.
    Time to move!

Quote Originally Posted by Dissent View Post
    It totally sucks. And it is a slippery slope. Once you let government regulate your use of your property in any way it doesn't stop until a bunch of douchnozzles two thousands miles away in Washington DC are mandating the shape of your door knobs.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

IT WAS HIS LAND lol! so what if its agricultural he paid for the land and its his .