Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Even as Violent Crime Falls, Killing of Officers Rises

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Cops have killed more civilians than the reverse.
    And the military has killed far more civilians than cops...considering all the death & destruction they have caused, cops look like saints.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Circular Firing Squad Circle Jerk, when a heavily armed thugscrum invades a Mundane's hovel:
    And there you have it. Seems to me something needs to be done about this cop on cop killing. Why hasn't Holder held a press conference?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    As violent crime has decreased across the country, a disturbing trend has emerged: rising numbers of police officers are being killed.
    According to statistics compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, 72 officers were killed by perpetrators in 2011, a 25 percent increase from the previous year and a 75 percent increase from 2008.

The 2011 deaths were the first time that more officers were killed by suspects than car accidents, according to data compiled by the International Association of Chiefs of Police. The number was the highest in nearly two decades, excluding those who died in the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001 and the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.

The F.B.I., which has tracked officer deaths since 1937, paid for a study conducted by John Jay College that found that in many cases the officers were trying to arrest or stop a suspect who had previously been arrested for a violent crime.

SNIP
    I guess this means nothing ?
    Last edited by azxd; 04-11-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

That is carefully worded cop-speak that could mean anything from a bar fight to false allegations of domestic abuse.

Notice there is no allusion to "convictions"?

It means that the F.B.I. and Attorney General Eric Holder were trying to stir sentiment into additional Federal funding for L.E. And that even though the statistics are not playing out in 2012 that they will continue to push the meme.

Yes, it means nothing, statistically insignificant.

The great "War on Cops" isn't, there are less this year than at any time in 60 plus years.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It means that the F.B.I. and Attorney General Eric Holder were trying to stir sentiment into additional Federal funding for L.E. And that even though the statistics are not playing out in 2012 that they will continue to push the meme.
    It could also mean ... Violent criminals have no respect for life, and these officers died protecting the innocent from the criminal element.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

It could also mean ... Violent criminals have no respect for life, and these officers died protecting the innocent from the criminal element.
    Do you have the statistics for that?

Do you have the statistics for that?
    NOPE ... It's based on speculation, and is no different than the speculation used when one says never talk to cops

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I agree with you. But, that doesn't change my statement.
    I don't think he was arguing with you.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NOPE ... It's based on speculation, and is no different than the speculation used when one says never talk to cops
    Well for myself that comes with a caveat...

Never talk to the cops...until you have have legal council and/or representation. Always remember, 'anything you say can AND WILL be used against you in a court of law.

What does it matter? What is the purpose of making sure people know that some cops die while apprehending suspects? That doesn't change the statistical fact that cop deaths are down, and also that they are unconstitutional, regardless of what the death rates are. Why all the fussing over statistics anyway?

Well for myself that comes with a caveat...

Never talk to the cops...until you have have legal council and/or representation. Always remember, 'anything you say can AND WILL be used against you in a court of law.
    I'll not argue this, at all ... There is a reason I advise those who carry or own a firearm to put a good lawyer on retainer.

At the same time, telling a rape victim to get a lawyer before speaking to LE is kind of stupid ... YES ?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    What does it matter? What is the purpose of making sure people know that some cops die while apprehending suspects? That doesn't change the statistical fact that cop deaths are down, and also that they are unconstitutional, regardless of what the death rates are. Why all the fussing over statistics anyway?
    There is no fuss going on ... You might percieve it to be this, but it's just an article, and you can comment/ignore it if you wish.

Actually, that's based on real tangible, quantifiable information. For instance,

"Anything you say can AND WILL be used against you in a court of law..."

Also, the staggering number of cops killing civilians, which nobody seems to have a statistic for.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that they enforce bad laws and serve as an arm of the state for all its injustice. It also doesn't change the fact that it's an unconstitutional entity.

There is no fuss going on ... You might percieve it to be this, but it's just an article, and you can comment/ignore it if you wish.
    Then why the back and forth? It's clear what your intentions were, which is to defend the armed thugs of the state. I call it fussing, I don't know what you call it. The article didn't come here by itself, with all its misleading information.

Kinda hard to get killed when you shoot at anything that might even remotely resemble a threat. Of course... this strategy will only work for so long...
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Then why the back and forth? It's clear what your intentions were, which is to defend the armed thugs of the state. I call it fussing, I don't know what you call it. The article didn't come here by itself, with all its misleading information.
    Gee ... I'm sorry to be pissing in your Cheerios, by posting an article that you don't agree with.

Like I said,
    comment/ignore ... The choice is yours.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll not argue this, at all ... There is a reason I advise those who carry or own a firearm to put a good lawyer on retainer.

At the same time, telling a rape victim to get a lawyer before speaking to LE is kind of stupid ... YES ?
    And if that rape victim in the incident report,, even though at the time the victim may have been traumatized and not thinking coherently, were to divulge some information that would benefit the assailant at a later time allowing them to get away with the rape then what?

And if that rape victim in the incident report,, even though at the time the victim may have been traumatized and not thinking coherently, were to divulge some information that would benefit the assailant at a later time allowing them to get away with the rape then what?
    Time will tell, and each case should be treated as if it is the only one of it's kind ... YES ?

Time will tell, and each case should be treated as if it is the only one of it's kind ... YES ?
    Each case that an individual is involved in is 'the only one of it's kind' with regards to them personally. And should be met with knowledge of the system and not blind belief that 'justice' will be served.

Gee ... I'm sorry to be pissing in your Cheerios, by posting an article that you don't agree with.

Like I said,
    comment/ignore ... The choice is yours.
    I'm commenting. Is it not a type of comment you approve of?

No, because the same rules apply in every case. If you talk to cops, you are more likely to have a negative outcome. Talk only to your attorney. The rest will be solved in court. The cops don't need to know anything in order for you to have a positive outcome in court.

No, because the same rules apply in every case. If you talk to cops, you are more likely to have a negative outcome. Talk only to your attorney. The rest will be solved in court. The cops don't need to know anything in order for you to have a positive outcome in court.
    Kind of hard to file that assault claim and seek justice in court, without talking to them ... YES ?

In my experience, if you don't take the trolls bait and act irrationally the topic will backfire in the trolls face. It looks like that happened.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Each case that an individual is involved in is 'the only one of it's kind' with regards to them personally. And should be met with knowledge of the system and not blind belief that 'justice' will be served.
    YET if one follows the advise to never talk to the cops, the chance for justice to be served is diminished to a vigilante act of retaliation ... YES ?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    YET if one follows the advise to never talk to the cops, the chance for justice to be served is diminished to a vigilante act of retaliation ... YES ?
    Open ended and/or leading questions will not get positive nor negative absolutisms from me.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-11-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Azxd, on the off chance you're not just trolling (which seems highly probable at this point), why do you defend the institution responsible for killing innocent people due in many cases to gross negligence, racism, or simple brutality?

These are crimes the cops commit, and if a mundane were to commit them, they'd get sent to jail in a heartbeat. A cop does it, and gets a pat on the back? And that's fine with you?

The "bad apple" argument won't cut it. If it were simply a case of bad apples, these bad apples would be sent to jail, or at the very least fired, which rarely happens.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I don't think he was arguing with you.
    Yes, someone already pointed that out to me.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Not at all.

A very smart move, I think.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast