Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 75

Thread: Even as Violent Crime Falls, Killing of Officers Rises

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Cops have killed more civilians than the reverse.
    And the military has killed far more civilians than cops...considering all the death & destruction they have caused, cops look like saints.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Circular Firing Squad Circle Jerk, when a heavily armed thugscrum invades a Mundane's hovel:
    And there you have it. Seems to me something needs to be done about this cop on cop killing. Why hasn't Holder held a press conference?
    Something, something, something...Whatever my rage for the day.

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    As violent crime has decreased across the country, a disturbing trend has emerged: rising numbers of police officers are being killed.
    According to statistics compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, 72 officers were killed by perpetrators in 2011, a 25 percent increase from the previous year and a 75 percent increase from 2008.

    The 2011 deaths were the first time that more officers were killed by suspects than car accidents, according to data compiled by the International Association of Chiefs of Police. The number was the highest in nearly two decades, excluding those who died in the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001 and the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.


    The F.B.I., which has tracked officer deaths since 1937, paid for a study conducted by John Jay College that found that in many cases the officers were trying to arrest or stop a suspect who had previously been arrested for a violent crime.


    SNIP
    I guess this means nothing ?
    Last edited by azxd; 04-11-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  5. #34

    Default

    That is carefully worded cop-speak that could mean anything from a bar fight to false allegations of domestic abuse.

    Notice there is no allusion to "convictions"?

  6. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    I guess this means nothing ?
    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    I guess this means nothing ?
    It means that the F.B.I. and Attorney General Eric Holder were trying to stir sentiment into additional Federal funding for L.E. And that even though the statistics are not playing out in 2012 that they will continue to push the meme.
    Something, something, something...Whatever my rage for the day.

  7. #36
    Needs a bigger boat Anti Federalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a Nine Line Bind
    Posts
    51,594
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    I guess this means nothing ?
    Yes, it means nothing, statistically insignificant.

    The great "War on Cops" isn't, there are less this year than at any time in 60 plus years.

  8. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It means that the F.B.I. and Attorney General Eric Holder were trying to stir sentiment into additional Federal funding for L.E. And that even though the statistics are not playing out in 2012 that they will continue to push the meme.
    It could also mean ... Violent criminals have no respect for life, and these officers died protecting the innocent from the criminal element.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  9. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    It could also mean ... Violent criminals have no respect for life, and these officers died protecting the innocent from the criminal element.
    Do you have the statistics for that?
    Something, something, something...Whatever my rage for the day.

  10. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Do you have the statistics for that?
    NOPE ... It's based on speculation, and is no different than the speculation used when one says never talk to cops
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  11. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I agree with you. But, that doesn't change my statement.
    I don't think he was arguing with you.
    "If you study science deep enough and long enough, it will force you to believe in God." ~Lord Kelvin

  12. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    NOPE ... It's based on speculation, and is no different than the speculation used when one says never talk to cops
    Well for myself that comes with a caveat...

    Never talk to the cops...until you have have legal council and/or representation. Always remember, 'anything you say can AND WILL be used against you in a court of law.
    Something, something, something...Whatever my rage for the day.

  13. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    It could also mean ... Violent criminals have no respect for life, and these officers died protecting the innocent from the criminal element.
    What does it matter? What is the purpose of making sure people know that some cops die while apprehending suspects? That doesn't change the statistical fact that cop deaths are down, and also that they are unconstitutional, regardless of what the death rates are. Why all the fussing over statistics anyway?
    "If you study science deep enough and long enough, it will force you to believe in God." ~Lord Kelvin

  14. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well for myself that comes with a caveat...

    Never talk to the cops...until you have have legal council and/or representation. Always remember, 'anything you say can AND WILL be used against you in a court of law.
    I'll not argue this, at all ... There is a reason I advise those who carry or own a firearm to put a good lawyer on retainer.

    At the same time, telling a rape victim to get a lawyer before speaking to LE is kind of stupid ... YES ?
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  15. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    What does it matter? What is the purpose of making sure people know that some cops die while apprehending suspects? That doesn't change the statistical fact that cop deaths are down, and also that they are unconstitutional, regardless of what the death rates are. Why all the fussing over statistics anyway?
    There is no fuss going on ... You might percieve it to be this, but it's just an article, and you can comment/ignore it if you wish.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  16. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    NOPE ... It's based on speculation, and is no different than the speculation used when one says never talk to cops
    Actually, that's based on real tangible, quantifiable information. For instance,

    "Anything you say can AND WILL be used against you in a court of law..."

    Also, the staggering number of cops killing civilians, which nobody seems to have a statistic for.

    Either way, it doesn't change the fact that they enforce bad laws and serve as an arm of the state for all its injustice. It also doesn't change the fact that it's an unconstitutional entity.
    "If you study science deep enough and long enough, it will force you to believe in God." ~Lord Kelvin

  17. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    There is no fuss going on ... You might percieve it to be this, but it's just an article, and you can comment/ignore it if you wish.
    Then why the back and forth? It's clear what your intentions were, which is to defend the armed thugs of the state. I call it fussing, I don't know what you call it. The article didn't come here by itself, with all its misleading information.
    "If you study science deep enough and long enough, it will force you to believe in God." ~Lord Kelvin

  18. #47
    Member bxm042's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    the Independent Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,163

    Default

    Kinda hard to get killed when you shoot at anything that might even remotely resemble a threat. Of course... this strategy will only work for so long...
    The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

  19. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Then why the back and forth? It's clear what your intentions were, which is to defend the armed thugs of the state. I call it fussing, I don't know what you call it. The article didn't come here by itself, with all its misleading information.
    Gee ... I'm sorry to be pissing in your Cheerios, by posting an article that you don't agree with.

    Like I said,
    comment/ignore ... The choice is yours.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  20. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    I'll not argue this, at all ... There is a reason I advise those who carry or own a firearm to put a good lawyer on retainer.

    At the same time, telling a rape victim to get a lawyer before speaking to LE is kind of stupid ... YES ?
    And if that rape victim in the incident report,, even though at the time the victim may have been traumatized and not thinking coherently, were to divulge some information that would benefit the assailant at a later time allowing them to get away with the rape then what?
    Something, something, something...Whatever my rage for the day.

  21. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And if that rape victim in the incident report,, even though at the time the victim may have been traumatized and not thinking coherently, were to divulge some information that would benefit the assailant at a later time allowing them to get away with the rape then what?
    Time will tell, and each case should be treated as if it is the only one of it's kind ... YES ?
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  22. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    Time will tell, and each case should be treated as if it is the only one of it's kind ... YES ?
    Each case that an individual is involved in is 'the only one of it's kind' with regards to them personally. And should be met with knowledge of the system and not blind belief that 'justice' will be served.
    Something, something, something...Whatever my rage for the day.

  23. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    Gee ... I'm sorry to be pissing in your Cheerios, by posting an article that you don't agree with.

    Like I said,
    comment/ignore ... The choice is yours.
    I'm commenting. Is it not a type of comment you approve of?
    "If you study science deep enough and long enough, it will force you to believe in God." ~Lord Kelvin

  24. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    Time will tell, and each case should be treated as if it is the only one of it's kind ... YES ?
    No, because the same rules apply in every case. If you talk to cops, you are more likely to have a negative outcome. Talk only to your attorney. The rest will be solved in court. The cops don't need to know anything in order for you to have a positive outcome in court.
    "If you study science deep enough and long enough, it will force you to believe in God." ~Lord Kelvin

  25. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    No, because the same rules apply in every case. If you talk to cops, you are more likely to have a negative outcome. Talk only to your attorney. The rest will be solved in court. The cops don't need to know anything in order for you to have a positive outcome in court.
    Kind of hard to file that assault claim and seek justice in court, without talking to them ... YES ?
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  26. #55

    Default

    In my experience, if you don't take the trolls bait and act irrationally the topic will backfire in the trolls face. It looks like that happened.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

    ***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

    ***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

  27. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Each case that an individual is involved in is 'the only one of it's kind' with regards to them personally. And should be met with knowledge of the system and not blind belief that 'justice' will be served.
    YET if one follows the advise to never talk to the cops, the chance for justice to be served is diminished to a vigilante act of retaliation ... YES ?
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  28. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    YET if one follows the advise to never talk to the cops, the chance for justice to be served is diminished to a vigilante act of retaliation ... YES ?
    Open ended and/or leading questions will not get positive nor negative absolutisms from me.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-11-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    Something, something, something...Whatever my rage for the day.

  29. #58
    Member bxm042's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    the Independent Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,163

    Default

    Azxd, on the off chance you're not just trolling (which seems highly probable at this point), why do you defend the institution responsible for killing innocent people due in many cases to gross negligence, racism, or simple brutality?

    These are crimes the cops commit, and if a mundane were to commit them, they'd get sent to jail in a heartbeat. A cop does it, and gets a pat on the back? And that's fine with you?

    The "bad apple" argument won't cut it. If it were simply a case of bad apples, these bad apples would be sent to jail, or at the very least fired, which rarely happens.
    The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

  30. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    I don't think he was arguing with you.
    Yes, someone already pointed that out to me.
    I have many friends in the libertarian movement who look down on those of us who get involved in political activity,
    he acknowledged, but "eventually, if you want to bring about changes what you have to do is participate in political
    action.
    -- Ron Paul


    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% the same on issues." "People Try To Drive Wedges Between Rand And Me." --Ron Paul

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=pB5JgzBVHN0

    The Property Basis of Rights

  31. #60
    Needs a bigger boat Anti Federalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a Nine Line Bind
    Posts
    51,594
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    At the same time, telling a rape victim to get a lawyer before speaking to LE is kind of stupid ... YES ?
    Not at all.

    A very smart move, I think.
    "It's a Free Country."
    "They hate us for our Freedoms."
    "The troops are protecting your Freedom."




    You're not nuts! You're FISHERMEN!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •