Thread: A Billion$ lottery to get your gun back; also silencers to hunt deer.

A Billion$ lottery to get your gun back; also silencers to hunt deer.

How to get the 300 million guns taken away from Americans?
    Setup up a $1 billion lottery and you buy the ticket by turning in your gun. (at 4:30 in the video)

Silencers for hunting deer is apparently a request from gun owners (At 3:30 in the video)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What fools these mortals be.

I buy guns, I don't sell guns. The smarter play is for the people with guns, to steal the $1B (except for the fact that the $1B is nothing but 1s and 0s in a computer and does not really exist).
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Silencers, or rather "suppressors" are, in many countries, non regulated and in fact their use is encouraged to reduce "noise pollution" from ranges or hunting areas and reduce disturbances to close neighbors of such areas.

There is no damn good reason for suppressors to be as heavily regulated and controlled, for almost all intents and purposes, prohibited, in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Silencers, or rather "suppressors" are, in many countries, non regulated and in fact their use is encouraged to reduce "noise pollution" from ranges or hunting areas and reduce disturbances to close neighbors of such areas.

There is no damn good reason for suppressors to be as heavily regulated and controlled, for almost all intents and purposes, prohibited, in the US.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

First of all, 300 million guns in the hands of civilians is an excellent thing, not something that needs to be "fixed." But of course this is preaching to the choir here.

Second, that blubbering idiot's idea for a lottery wouldn't work. Why would I turn in one of my guns, each of which is worth at least several hundred dollars, when it would cost me less to just buy a hundred or so tickets for a different lottery? The jackpot wouldn't be as high, but it would still be more money than I'd ever need, and my chances of winning would be higher that way.
    "Man lives freely only by his readiness to die." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Generally speaking, the way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death." -- Miyamoto Musashi

Chuckle , Lewis Black , wth ??

Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillaXXI View Post
    First of all, 300 million guns in the hands of civilians is an excellent thing, not something that needs to be "fixed." But of course this is preaching to the choir here.

Second, that blubbering idiot's idea for a lottery wouldn't work. Why would I turn in one of my guns, each of which is worth at least several hundred dollars, when it would cost me less to just buy a hundred or so tickets for a different lottery? The jackpot wouldn't be as high, but it would still be more money than I'd ever need, and my chances of winning would be higher that way.
    The local police departments routinely have turn in days, where they give people some insanely small amount in exchange for their guns. The pictures almost always show some really valuable guns being turned in meaning the owners received a pittance of what they were worth. It baffles me.

While I am all for pretty much universal armament, I do think some people are simply too stupid to be trusted with firearms.

This lottery sounds like it will target those specifically, so I'm of mixed feelings about it.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yup, in some places they are considered as much a part of your safety gear as earplugs and glasses. Then again, the last thing TPTB would want is for gun ranges to become more neighborhood friendly and guns less intimidating to unfamiliar folks who might be willing to give shooting a try. It is better for them to keep guns loud and scary.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    I do think some people are simply too stupid to be trusted with firearms.
    Well, then, what do you propose to do with these people?

If they are too stupid to be trusted with firearms, then they are too stupid to be trusted with gasoline or a car, or Drano, or high voltage or any of a million other things readily available at arms length, in many cases much more easily obtained than a firearm or ammunition, that can cause death and destruction.

Well, then, what do you propose to do with these people?

If they are too stupid to be trusted with firearms, then they are too stupid to be trusted with gasoline or a car, or Drano, or high voltage or any of a million other things readily available at arms length, in many cases much more easily obtained than a firearm or ammunition, that can cause death and destruction.
    Good point.

For those who are so mentally incompetent that they are unable to provide for themselves it's pretty obvious that they shouldn't be trusted with any of the things you mentioned and sadly they either must rely on their family or on charity for their sustanence.

I could see a situation where, if one were convicted of enough violent crimes to demonstrate one is not trustworthy to bear arms then society could have the legitimate authority to prevent said folks from bearing arms in public as a less drastic step than either incarcerating them or executing them, but other than this I think bearing arms should be much the same as driving, it's just considered normal and no one really worries that they are going to get run over because of a grudge.

Alas, I do fear that there would be a period of chaos and some tragedy if universal armament comes about as there are enough stupid people who won't be able to control themselves and they will create quite a lot of misery before they are eliminated, but I also think the chaos would be fairly short lived and the long term results worth the short term pain.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    I could see a situation where, if one were convicted of enough violent crimes to demonstrate one is not trustworthy to bear arms then society could have the legitimate authority to prevent said folks from bearing arms in public as a less drastic step than either incarcerating them or executing them, but other than this I think bearing arms should be much the same as driving, it's just considered normal and no one really worries that they are going to get run over because of a grudge.

Alas, I do fear that there would be a period of chaos and some tragedy if universal armament comes about as there are enough stupid people who won't be able to control themselves and they will create quite a lot of misery before they are eliminated, but I also think the chaos would be fairly short lived and the long term results worth the short term pain.
    Honestly?

I think we're at that point right now, gun ownership and sales are at an all time high, so are licensed CCW numbers.

At the same time, crime is at 40 year record lows.

While not quite as common as a car, and the analogy you made, I think it's getting close to that.

And overall, I think we both agree, that is a good thing.

they are trying to blame guns in the trayvon martin case...

it is good that people are stocknig up guns. it is better to have them than to not have them when it is needed. you never know when the government will step over the line (in this case step over a few hundred lines) or when there is a zombie apocalypse =p..

Tried to give you rep for this, but couldn't..

Did you ever watch the McGyver episode where he made a "suppressor" out of a 2 liter bottle of soda and duct tape? Think that would actually work?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

^Anybody?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

There is no damn good reason for suppressors to be as heavily regulated and controlled, for almost all intents and purposes, prohibited, in the US

but but but....In the movies, scary bad guys always use suppressors.....so they must be bad
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillaXXI View Post

It would remove guns from idiots....I bet...LOL. Or cause more crime by idiots who steal them honest gun owners and turn them in for their billions in lotto cash
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Tried to give you rep for this, but couldn't..

Did you ever watch the McGyver episode where he made a "suppressor" out of a 2 liter bottle of soda and duct tape? Think that would actually work?
    Mark Wahlberg did it in "Shooter" also.

The answer is yes, to a certain degree.

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/
    From what I remember ... You have to register, to see the good stuff.

But if you're mechanically inclined, the methods of making a silencer are pretty straight forward, and legal, if you jump through the right hoops (ATF form 1) ... And who gives a damn, if it's SHTF time.
    Going nearly silent will be a very smart move.

I've never understood why, what was once sold as a safety device (muffler) in our local hardware stores, became a controlled item
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Suppression is actually required in some nations for hunting.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    but but but....In the movies, scary bad guys always use suppressors.....so they must be bad
    But... but... terrorists...

Evil corporations...

Global warming...

Polar bears and gay transsexual dolphins...

America.

$#@! yeah!
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Read and understand before messing with silencers!

http://www.famm.org/Repository/Files...art%5B2%5D.pdf
    Last edited by tod evans; 05-25-2012 at 12:18 PM.

the good guns are lies to make the gun grab look useful, or turned in by clueless relatives after grandpa died or became senile.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

Polar bears and gay transsexual dolphins...
    What?!!
    Statistics don't lie, people do.