Thread: Southern Illinois/Eastern Missouri Ladyseed (Appleseed for women-only)

Southern Illinois/Eastern Missouri Ladyseed (Appleseed for women-only)

Just an FYI if your in the area the weekend of March 24-25. If you need something to relieve the tension after the MO caucus/Illinois primary, you can consider spending some quality time with your old rifle (or new rifle, if you're just want to acquire a new skill!) Registration is only $5 a day for 21 & older, $2.50 a day under 21. Military, LEO's, elected officials, and re-enactors in period dress may attend for free.

Details can be had through the Illinois DNR website:
    http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/calendar...seedShoot.aspx

This is an excellent program as several around this board can attest. Ladyseeds are especially nice because there are some techniques that just work better for women, all of the instructors will be women, and the history of 1775 gets retold with some added extras from the ladies POV.

XNN
    Last edited by XNavyNuke; 03-11-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for sharing, sounds like it will be a fun and educational event.

Last weekend had my first student who was right handed / left eye dominant. But she could still hit where it would hurt by the end of the day,

Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Last weekend had my first student who was right handed / left eye dominant. But she could still hit where it would hurt by the end of the day.
    Been there. DW is the inverse of that. Trying to shoot a left handed bolt action with left eye sight picture. Finally got that figured out. Now shoots a 10/22 RH with right eye sight picture.

XNN
    Last edited by XNavyNuke; 03-16-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Last weekend had my first student who was right handed / left eye dominant. But she could still hit where it would hurt by the end of the day,

Out of curiosity (nice pic by the way), did she SHOOT right-handed? I am also right handed / left eye dominant. But as I've always been that - more so when I was younger - I learned to shoot long guns left-handed, and I still do.

Edit: it's IMPOSSIBLE to recommend Appleseed strongly enough. I've been to two of them in the past two years. There's one close to home in May, that will almost certainly be my third.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

Just curious, is that an Appleseed pict?

XNN

Fools ... What do you want? If you see the CNN or Santorum/Romney people they'll say that Ron Paul's militias are training to invade the caucus

Yes, she shot right handed - best help was for her to close left eye .... I'm not a slave to technique - I go for results. When instructors look at my hold and stance thay go nuts and want to "fix" me. I ask when was the last time they fired one of these wearing body armor and a protective mask. Quarter size shot groups at 100m tend to shut them up. i can usually clover leaf a 25m zero target.

That is not an Appleseed pic - it is our group doing a friends and family teach and we are doing annual qual (we use half size silouettes to make it more interesting). A couple of our group have done Appleseed - I have not yet - seem to have schedule conflict, and has a real deal military historian, I know the story of riflemen and the Revolution, their advantages and limitations.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, she shot right handed - best help was for her to close left eye .... I'm not a slave to technique - I go for results. When instructors look at my hold and stance thay go nuts and want to "fix" me. I ask when was the last time they fired one of these wearing body armor and a protective mask. Quarter size shot groups at 100m tend to shut them up. i can usually clover leaf a 25m zero target.
    Whatever works the best. My sitting position is far from textbook. I went through a half dozen before getting to one that allows me to group consistently.

XNN

The same IDNR that shutdown buffalo rock?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    The same IDNR that shutdown buffalo rock?
    Yes. However we are downstate. Our IDNR bureaucrats are different from those further north. They are providing the venue. The RWVA.org is not related to the .gov in any way.

XNN

I got some comments back in March from St. Louis folks that their schedule was conflicted because of the MO caucus. There's another Appleseed at the same site next month.

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/calendar...ShootJuly.aspx

XNN