Thread: Rand Paul cut off this morning on Sirius/XM POTUS interview

Rand Paul cut off this morning on Sirius/XM POTUS interview

Tim Farley had Rand Paul on this morning. He mentioned that Rand was going to talk about three things - the JOBS act, the recent Supreme Court drama around Obama telling them how they should vote, and then Ron Paul's campaign. Amazingly, they had "technical difficulties" and lost their connection to Rand immediately after they talked about the SCOTUS. Isn't it funny how the Paul family *always* runs into technical difficulties just before they get a chance to tell the public something positive about the Paul campaign?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Amazing isn't it how these massive media conglomerates turn into a school news-level broadcast as soon as a Paul starts talking about important things...

Maybe their production equipment just can't handle the truth?
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Nothing new. @ 1:15:

Yeah, I remember that one too - that guy just got charged actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Nothing new. @ 1:15:

Oh there are far better examples than that... In that case, the guy was not supossed to be speaking politically in uniform (which is BS, but a different discussion altogether), so it's not that outrageous CNN didn't want to come under fire with that.

But I believe there are some videos floating around about how often it happens when Dr. Paul starts speaking about NDAA or is starting to sound too good.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

I've definitely noticed that too - any time he's got positive news to talk about, especially when it's something more positive than what someone like Romney can report, they "experience technical difficulties" and cut away to "the Romney camp", even if "the Romney camp" consists of an empty gymnasium with a camera pointed at the wall.

I often wonder how many technical difficulty buttons they have. One for static, one for audio's breaking up, one for blue lines, one for "looks like we're having trouble with the satellite"........

I was just thinking this morning when that happened that the TV studios probably have a funny name for these planned "technical difficulties" too. Like I can totally see the producer sitting just off mic saying "OK, get ready for it... steady... steady... OK now - RABBIT EARS, BEND THE RABBIT EARS! OK, good static, now let's pull the video cable real slow... TRIP OVER THE CORD, TRIP OVER THE CORD, GO!"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    21st Century Media is - Amateur Hour

Quote Originally Posted by bpitas View Post
    Yeah, I remember that one too - that guy just got charged actually.
    Before you go and say things about other people on a public forum you need to know WTF you're talking about. He didn't just get charged actually.

He got a letter of reprimand in his personnel file for breaking a military policy. He didn't break any laws regarding Ron Paul.
    "WE..as a group NOW have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it." Ron Paul

Um guys... Why would they invite him on the show and then purposely cut him off? They could just not invite him in the first place if they didn't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Um guys... Why would they invite him on the show and then purposely cut him off? They could just not invite him in the first place if they didn't like him.
    In an attempt to not show blatant disregard. However they felt the risk exceeded the reward with the info Rand was giving, so decided to pull the plug.