Thread: Paul on Education?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Paul on Education?

I just read an article that convinced me that we need to get rid of the Department of Education.

What is Ron Paul's position on the DOE and education in general?

I know there are some radical libertarians who oppose public education all together.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In his "plan to restore america" his eliminates 5 government agencies, one being the department of education. Education should be at the local level, state at max.

Quote Originally Posted by y0kkles View Post
    I just read an article that convinced me that we need to get rid of the Department of Education.

I know there are some radical libertarians who oppose public education all together.
    Ron Paul probably doesn't like the idea of public schooling, I know he really likes homeschooling. But as he's running for federal office, education isn't a federal matter so his personal views don't matter. The Federal Government has no authority to be involved in education, it is a state matter. That's why he wants to eliminate the Department of Education (I think the GOP platform still calls for this as well). What states do with their education system is not the federal Government's concern.

Hope that explains it well enough

Public schooling is not really education... it is indoctrination. Government schools do not teach sound money principles because sound money principles liberate people and the intent of public indoctrination is to control people. Public schooling is one of the 10 Planks of The Communist Manifesto.

That's right, get the government out of bed with our education and damn those lazy bastards enjoying the teachers' unions' protection, they should be fired.

The radicals are the ones since Horace Mann who have attempted to enslave generations of minds to statism.

State-education is the reason that average Americans (like many of us here) had to be "reawakened" to liberty. We had learn life, history, politics, etc all over again with new lenses. State education is one of the primary reasons we live in a nation of slaves.