Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solutions for Those with Pre existing Conditions

Screw it.
    Last edited by MelissaWV; 05-02-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tttppp View Post
    Point is, doctors are retards, and we should not be basing any decisions on what they say.

Cool,

You do your herbal stuff.....Some of us prefer to trust our health to a person who has studied and understood both medicine and modern pharmacology.

Personally I prefer a doctor versed in homeopathic and modern medicine but that's me and I'm not calling herbologists or homeopaths stupid or retarded.

I kind of like the fact that modern medicine offers such "stupid" things as a laboratory, CAT & PET scans, laparoscopic surgery to mention a few..

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    You're not understanding... the insurance company is not betting on whether or not you will get better. They are betting on how much money you will cost them.
    I do understand that. If our system was based on Chinese traditional medicine, the amount of money you would cost them would be proportional to how long it takes you to get better. There really is no great measurement of how long it will take you to get better. Even in CTM, you don't know how long it will take to get better until you actually get treated. So its pointless to base a system on pre existing conditions.

More important questions should be "do you smoke, drink, eat bad foods, etc." Statistically the people who do these things will cost more than the people who don't.

Screw it.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Cool,

You do your herbal stuff.....Some of us prefer to trust our health to a person who has studied and understood both medicine and modern pharmacology.

Personally I prefer a doctor versed in homeopathic and modern medicine but that's me and I'm not calling herbologists or homeopaths stupid or retarded.

I kind of like the fact that modern medicine offers such "stupid" things as a laboratory, CAT & PET scans, laparoscopic surgery to mention a few..
    Unless you have an emergency situation, alternative treatments are best. Western medicine is fine if you break your leg, have severe cancer, need a new organ immediately, etc. Unless you are in that situation, I'd go with a good alternative provider and not look back.

A good provider can diagnose you by looking at your tongue. So there is usually no need for a doctor's diagnostic tests...unless its an emergency.

I would think in a free market your dad would be able to get health coverage on everything except the diabetes treatment. It might be expensive, but it would at least be available.

Currently, I imagine, there are probably some regulations against doing that which prevents insurance companies from writing custom contracts for people with pre-existing conditions. There is a big market for people with pre-existing conditions, not sure why a company wouldn't want to extract premiums out of them and then just pay for any future health problems.

But I also agree with other posters that your dad could likely cure his condition with a change in diet. In fact, most conditions can be cured with a change in diet. Most of the foods that are causing these diseases are actually subsidized by government, making them cheaper. This puts people with limited means in a tough position because they either have to spend more on food to keep up their health or spend less on food now and spend much more later on health care.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-16-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Smokers do pay more, and alcohol in small quantities is actually good for most people. There are no "bad foods," just morons who eat tons and tons of foods that are not going to be properly processed by their bodies.
    I agree smokers should pay more. People who don't take care of their bodies should pay more because they will cost more.

I disagree that there are morons that just eat too much. This is rarely the case. The majority of eating problems are people who eat the wrong foods. People on a typical american diet with lots of dairy, butter, and meat fats will have lots of more health problems than people who don't eat this stuff. Insurance applications should be asking this stuff.

Screw it.

Um, so "lots" is not "tons and tons"... ? That doesn't mean quantity of individual foods. I am referring to the number of foods that are fatty, processed, etc.. There really is no way to measure this, though, other than testing things like cholesterol and tracking weight and stress tests and other things that are more involved than looking at someone's tongue
    You can find out if someone has been eating meat fat by looking at their tongue.

Screw it.
    Last edited by MelissaWV; 05-02-2012 at 07:39 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    You can find out if someone has been eating meat fat by looking at their tongue.
    Wait what? Just what does a persons tongue look like who has been eating meat fat?

So you're going to train... insurance agents... to look at someone's tongue and determine whether or not they've been eating meat fat and then make a risk determination based on that.

Oh. Okay.
    No. Only practitioners of chinese traditional medicine can do that. I wasn't stating how practical it is. I was just stating that it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by roxic27 View Post
    Wait what? Just what does a persons tongue look like who has been eating meat fat?
    I believe you will see some white spots, but I'm not the expert.

Screw it.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    I believe you will see some white spots, but I'm not the expert.
    Yeah well, that theory is out the window... I eat plenty of meat fat, and there are approximately zero white spots on my tongue.

People die in China everyday from disease. They've died there throughout history. While I understand the implications of self-healing and preventative care to think that simply following 'ancient Chinese secret' is gonna solve all problems is just frikken idiotic.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-16-2012 at 06:16 PM.

^ Like that?
    I haven't seen a pattern like that before, but I'm not the expert. Usually it looks a little more cloudy. That picture looks like glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    People die in China everyday from disease. They've died there throughout history. While I understand the implications of self-healing and preventative care to think that simply following 'ancient Chinese secret' is gonna solve all problems is just frikken idiotic.
    I'll tell you whats idiotc, spending hundreds of billions of dollars on a system that has yet to develop one cure.

Not everyone in China is health conscious. Not everyone keeps their body at 100%. Thats why its important to not only have CTM but put a system in place that encourages people to take care of you health.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Screw it.

Yeah well, that theory is out the window... I eat plenty of meat fat, and there are approximately zero white spots on my tongue.
    Your condition may be a little more complex. Its not always easy to see.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    like this?

like this?
    That white/yellow color looks similar to what I've seen. However, I have no clue what those big spots are.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    or this

or this?

or maybe this?

or this

or this?

or maybe this?

Those tongues are beyond my expertise. I can recognize some of the problems, but those are gross. Some of that stuff I've never seen before.

These people had to have known something was wrong way before it happened. How could they not know something was wrong when looking at those tongues?

JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T AGREE WITH MY LIFESTYLE DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT QUALIFIES FOR A PRE-EXISTING OBAMA "MACK DADDY LONG LEGS" CARE CONDITION THAT ISN'T ANARCHO-CAPITALIST NASTY CAT TONGUE INFESTED CONSERVATISM
    [Jeremy] zach is a typical racist from WV
    [CaseyJones] zach is hiding the fact that he is reptilian
    In 2012, 3rd party chatrooms will take over RPF Main Chat:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...69&postcount=1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12