Thread: US Marine faces dismissal for criticising President Obama

US Marine faces dismissal for criticising President Obama

Not clear if he was member of anti-war tea party or neocon wing of tea party but it's a remarkable story in any case:

US Marine faces dismissal for criticising President Obama

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17635878

Dissenting While Enlisted Will Get You Fired, Dissenting While Commanding Gets You Retired
    Mike Riggs | April 6, 2012

http://reason.com/blog/2012/04/06/di...will-get-you-f

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is a sad story, but it is also the result of being under a system that a civilian is not.

Many double jeopardy situations exist for our military personnel.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Congratulations to the Marine...as a bonus he won't be deployed anymore to the middle East

Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    It is a sad story, but it is also the result of being under a system that a civilian is not.

Many double jeopardy situations exist for our military personnel.

They fight and sometimes sacrifice their lives/body parts to defend our freedoms including our freedom of speech, it's just that they can't exercise the same freedoms themelves.

He swore an oath to the constitution before anything else. Good for him. I have his back, I swore the same oath. Funny.....all you non servers should swear the same. It is your country too, not just the ones that swear it for a job. Tired of the arm chair patriots. Talk, talk, talk. Kiss my ass. There are but 15-20 here that will actually stand up. Yeah, you read that right. $#@! you wanna be patriots.

hehe, Sorry, I guess I am a little mad.
    Last edited by SL89; 04-06-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    “The state can't give you freedom, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free.” ~ Utah Phillips

Am I missing something here? I thought he was getting discharged, not arrested.
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    Am I missing something here? I thought he was getting discharged, not arrested.
    To a man that swore an oath, I don't see any difference.
    “The state can't give you freedom, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free.” ~ Utah Phillips

Wow!

He took an oath to the Constitution, not the President. If the President is engaged in un-Constitutional behavior it is not only his right, but his duty to oppose him.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    They fight and sometimes sacrifice their lives/body parts to defend our freedoms including our freedom of speech, it's just that they can't exercise the same freedoms themelves.
    +1984
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Wow!

He took an oath to the Constitution, not the President. If the President is engaged in un-Constitutional behavior it is not only his right, but his duty to oppose him.
    All true, yet if you've served, you also know that having your ducks in a row is the only way to beat the command structure, and the command structure will use everything it has, against you.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

How did Obama people find out about his facebook page:

Marine Sgt. Gary Stein should go for criticizing Obama on Facebook, Board says
    CBS News - ‎Apr 6, 2012‎

The Marine Corps administrative board said after a daylong hearing late Thursday at Camp Pendleton that Sgt. Gary Stein has committed misconduct and should be dismissed.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ok-board-says/

Quote Originally Posted by SL89 View Post
    He swore an oath to the constitution before anything else. Good for him. I have his back, I swore the same oath. Funny.....all you non servers should swear the same. It is your country too, not just the ones that swear it for a job. Tired of the arm chair patriots. Talk, talk, talk. Kiss my ass. There are but 15-20 here that will actually stand up. Yeah, you read that right. $#@! you wanna be patriots.

hehe, Sorry, I guess I am a little mad.
    What are you on about?
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Wow!

+rep
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I have a friend who was recently in a military prison. He said that he met a guy there who got sentenced over a year for saying that IF there ever was civil strife in the US, he would fight against the government.
    Liberty is for all; privileges are for none.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    What are you on about?
    Just the fact he is standing up for his rights and ours too. Too many cuss our soldiers for supporting our imperial habits as a country. Being a vet hits hard, I know how people on this board feels about our wars. I feel the same way. I guess it was a preemptive strike to those that don't think some soldiers don't take the oath serious. That's all.

The military does not defend our freedom. If it did, then we wouldn't be losing our freedom so rapidly at the hands of the government that the military serves.

Still, there are some dissenters in the military who are loyal to the people of this country rather than to its government. This soldier who criticized Obama may be one of them, and if so, I applaud him.
    "Man lives freely only by his readiness to die." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Generally speaking, the way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death." -- Miyamoto Musashi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillaXXI View Post
    The military does not defend our freedom. If it did, then we wouldn't be losing our freedom so rapidly at the hands of the government that the military serves.

Still, there are some dissenters in the military who are loyal to the people of this country rather than to its government. This soldier who criticized Obama may be one of them, and if so, I applaud him.
    Don't forget now that the NDAA passed that the military has the authority now to detain any US citizen indefinitely without charges or due process...so much for them defending our freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by keh10 View Post
    I have a friend who was recently in a military prison. He said that he met a guy there who got sentenced over a year for saying that IF there ever was civil strife in the US, he would fight against the government.
    If suitable, I would love to read more details.

Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillaXXI View Post
    How do you explain following names of our major wars then:

Operation Iraqi Freedom ( Iraq war)
    Operation Enduring Freedom ( Afghan war)

But you don't have to answer this, I think you already did.

How do you explain following names of our major wars then:

Operation Iraqi Freedom ( Iraq war)
    Operation Enduring Freedom ( Afghan war)
    Newspeak.

From where I sit it seems like the US mari...er...military is one of the things we still have going for us. Too bad they paint all the vets like they are insane... Not to say I have any idea what a firefight would be like, or the memory. They are increasing militarization in other aspects, especially as regards law enforcement. Its too bad though... The end of "modern" war is one of the more appealing facets of anarchy.
    Best of luck in life.