Thread: Does the right to bear arms mean the right to have ammo as well?

Does the right to bear arms mean the right to have ammo as well?

It seem the government is buying up a lot ammunition lately.

What say you?
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. What good is bearing arms if there's no ammunition to utilize said arms with? Otherwise your gun is simply a piece of metal, no more effective than a similarly sized metal object, which you could throw at an intruder. Surely that wasn't the founders' intent.

That some are hyping the industry and will make a large profit because of another false knee-jerk reaction.

Obama has been very good to the firearms industry, as it relates to sales, but the government purchases are nothing new.

Entering Iraq caused a need for more ammo within the armed forces ... Civilian ammo was in short supply, and the price went up.
    The thought of Obama being elected caused a shortage of both firearms and ammo, and the prices went up.

The hype over a DHS purchase is going to do the same thing, if people go into knee-jerk mode, and prices will go up.

If it looks like Obama will get another term, prices will go up.

Supply and Demand !!!

The bright side is that true gun enthusiasts will once again find barely or never fired weapons available for much less than the original purchase price.

The AWB brought about many panic buys, and so will this, if it gets out of hand.

If it really bothers you ... Get into reloading.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    If it really bothers you ... Get into reloading.
    Now that's something interesting to enough to make me want to do it, I've been looking for a new hobby...
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    Now that's something interesting to enough to make me want to do it, I've been looking for a new hobby...
    Unless you shoot alot, it's not worth it for most, but ... Here's something local, if you haven't seen it - Why YOU should get into reloading. Yes, YOU.

Step one is going to be research, and buying a few books ... If you want, PM me on this subject, also try to find someone local that you can ask questions of. They might even let you load a few rounds in their equipment, just to get an idea of the process, and what to look out for, error wise.

The process isn't difficult, isn't really dangerous (pay attention) but it does require uninterrupted concentration.

It also doesn't require a lot of expensive equipment ... You can get into it for around $100
    But you'll perhaps want to spend more, for the convenience of not needing to adjust things with each operation ... I like the set it, check it, forget it until you change something (caliber etc.), approach of a progressive press, but the cost is much higher with such a setup.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Does the right to freedom of speech give you the right to pens and computers? Of course it does. You can't eliminate a right by eliminating the tools that allow you to utilize said right.

You have a free speech, but you can't open your mouth, you can't have paper and writing instruments and you can't have a computer/word processor/printer. That is defacto eliminating the right even though the government says it exists and is the same as eliminating said right.

Thanks for the responses, I have thought about getting into reloading. I have a few uncles that do it or did, guess I will be in touch with them. I will also check out that link as well.
    Last edited by QuickZ06; 04-07-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    of course it does. Armed means "able to resist", and you can't resist without the ammo. You can't resist without some training/practice, either.

Check on Ebay for Lee BIG progressive reloaders, not the handgun only version, oftentimes, they are well under $300, and load 700 or so rds per hour. Upgrade them with a bullet feeder, and you get 1000 rds an hour, sustainable, which lets you load for others. If they exchange brass for your reloads, you do NOT need an ammo loading license. Making 4c a shot on such ammo (above your component cost (mass buy, at distributors) soon pays for a $500 reloading set up. :-) Making 4c MORE, soon pays for a progressive setup to cast your own handgun bullets, too. Attend some IPSC and IDPA pistol matches, you'll meet customers.