Thread: Another reason Google can go suck an egg

Another reason Google can go suck an egg

I'd say Drudge this, but I doubt it would do any good.

Simply put, Google sucks.

http://www.ammonow.com/googleandguns.html
    Last edited by osan; 05-28-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I already use DuckDuckGo, they are OK for most searches. Google also makes Android for smart phones and the Chrome browser. To avoid using Android for a smart phone you will need either a Windows based phone, or the iPhone. I recommend the iPhone. For browsers you can choose Firefox, Opera, Safari, or IE, over Chrome. I prefer Firefox, even though Opera has some really neat features and I do use it sometimes.

Google doesn't make a desktop OS yet, but I hear they are working on one. For desktop OS I prefer Ubuntu Linux. It is very user friendly and you will be surprised that it does just about everything, and in some cases more, than Microsoft Windows does. It is totally free and most software for it is free as well! Free doesn't mean it is bad or buggy, it is a top quality OS and is used by most web servers precisely because it is one of the most secure OS out there. It is much more secure than Microsoft Windows. It is very easy to install as well. Complete step by step directions are available on their web site, ubuntu.com. You can either have it as your only OS, or you can have it with Windows in a dual boot configuration. I choose dual boot so that if I ever need to use Windows for anything I can. Most of the time I don't need it though.
    Last edited by RickyJ; 05-28-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Google also makes Android for smart phones and the Chrome browser. To avoid using Android for a smart phone you will need either a Windows based phone, or the iPhone. I recommend the iPhone. For browsers you can choose Firefox, Opera, Safari, or IE, over Chrome. I prefer Firefox, even though Opera has some really neat features and I do use it sometimes.
    Hey, don't forget about BlackBerry!

Everyone forgets about Blackberry....

For desktop OS I prefer Ubuntu Linux. It is very user friendly and you will be surprised that it does just about everything, and in some cases more, than Microsoft Windows does. It is totally free and most software for it is free as well! Free doesn't mean it is bad or buggy, it is a top quality OS and is used by most web servers precisely because it is one of the most secure OS out there. It is much more secure than Microsoft Windows. It is very easy to install as well. Complete step by step directions are available on their web site, ubuntu.com. You can either have it as your only OS, or you can have it with Windows in a dual boot configuration. I choose dual boot so that if I ever need to use Windows for anything I can. Most of the time I don't need it though.
    UBUNTU! UBUNTU! UBUNTU!

***adds duckduckgo* to "manage search engines"***
    Last edited by presence; 05-30-2012 at 06:26 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    Hey, don't forget about BlackBerry!

Everyone forgets about Blackberry....
    Sorry, yeah I completely forgot about them. I never used one before, but I think I would prefer a Blackberry over a Windows phone. Now that I think about it Ron Paul said in a debate he would prefer a Blackberry over an iPhone. That is a very good endorsement, but I doubt I am going to like it more than the iPhone unless they change it a lot.

FWIW, I haven't had any trouble with ICQ search yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I already use DuckDuckGo, they are OK for most searches. Google also makes Android for smart phones and the Chrome browser. To avoid using Android for a smart phone you will need either a Windows based phone, or the iPhone. I recommend the iPhone. For browsers you can choose Firefox, Opera, Safari, or IE, over Chrome. I prefer Firefox, even though Opera has some really neat features and I do use it sometimes.

Google doesn't make a desktop OS yet, but I hear they are working on one. For desktop OS I prefer Ubuntu Linux. It is very user friendly and you will be surprised that it does just about everything, and in some cases more, than Microsoft Windows does. It is totally free and most software for it is free as well! Free doesn't mean it is bad or buggy, it is a top quality OS and is used by most web servers precisely because it is one of the most secure OS out there. It is much more secure than Microsoft Windows. It is very easy to install as well. Complete step by step directions are available on their web site, ubuntu.com. You can either have it as your only OS, or you can have it with Windows in a dual boot configuration. I choose dual boot so that if I ever need to use Windows for anything I can. Most of the time I don't need it though.
    I have invested a lot of time and money on Windows OS based software, otherwise I might be looking into something else.

I like how Windows was started (from DOS) with full backward compatibility and geared toward user friendly & consistent interfaces. The unix developers had a saying "Users are Losers", I always responded, yea, if they use your stuff. But I think mono/.net is changing that.

Since the takeover of Microsoft, it has gone downhill, and their software sucks in the past few years (since Vista). Even office 2010 sucks as far as I am concerned. Everything just get bulkier, slower and confusing to use.

I am a Windows developer (for 30 years). I also use lots of software like Video & audio editors (many), 3D modelers (free and not), development environments (free and not so), conversion utilities, CNC control software, etc....many many more.

Well, enough rant, I'm considering other options, just need to look at what software is available and how hard it is to use it. I like context based interfaces.

ICQ was trouble in the worst way when I had it in 2000 or thereabouts. I won't touch it with a 10 ft pole.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.