Thread: SOPA Coming Back Next Year...

SOPA Coming Back Next Year...

http://www.infowars.com/secret-plan-...hip-bill-sopa/

"Motion Picture Association of America CEO and former Senator Chris Dodd has revealed perhaps more than he intended to in an interview with the Hollywood Reporter with regards to the much maligned Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA).

Despite the fact that the legislation was indefinitely shelved in January, Dodd said he was “confident” that there are conversations going on between Hollywood and Silicon Valley to help revive SOPA.

“Between now and sometime next year [after the presidential election], the two industries need to come to an understanding,” Dodd told the magazine.

When asked whether there are negotiations going on now, Dodd replied: “I’m confident that’s the case, but I’m not going to go into more detail because obviously if I do, it becomes counterproductive.”

Clearly Dodd does not want a repeat of the widespread publicity and large scale protests that aided the defeat of the legislation at the beginning of the year.

Dodd said he believes higher ups who are “smart and highly respected in both communities”, such as eBay founder and movie producer Jeff Skoll, are working to forge a deal with government to bring back SOPA in a new form.

A d v e r t i s e m e n t

Dodd added that he believes president Obama is also keen to help revive the legislation.

“I’m confident he’s using his good relationships in both communities to do exactly what you and I have been talking about.” Dodd said.

“There are not a huge number of people who understand that content and technology absolutely need each other,” he added.

Following press coverage of Dodd’s comments, the MPAA on Friday issued a statement denying that there were any secret plans to resurrect SOPA.

“Sen Dodd did not say SOPA is coming back to life.” the statement reads. “He said the tech and entertainment industries need to come together to work on a new solution and those conversations are beginning. SOPA is gone. The path forward now is a serious conversation between all involved industries about new solutions, and that was Sen Dodd’s point.”

SOPA, and the Protecting IP Act (PIPA), the Senate version of the bill, caused a huge backlash when it became clear that they constituted part of a long running agenda to completely re-structure and centralize the internet under government control.

Had the bills become law, they would have provided the U.S. government, through the office of the Attorney General, the power to pursue court orders against any website believed to be engaging in or ‘facilitating’ extremely broadly defined ‘copyright infringement’.

The terminology in the legislation was so encompassing that entire web sites faced the threat of being effectively seized and shut down for merely displaying one ‘offending’ hyperlink.

The bills would also have forced compliance from search engines and Internet Service Providers, demanding they create a list of banned web sites and prevent their users from accessing the sites. Advertising networks, payment providers and credit card processors would also have been ordered to stop doing business with any site deemed to be acting unlawfully under SOPA.

As we have previously noted, however, SOPA was merely a legal cover for action the government is already carrying out. The Department of Homeland Security has already seized scores of web sites merely for linking to copyrighted material, despite the fact that such material isn’t even hosted on the web site itself.

As we reported yesterday, the attempted crackdown on the open internet has not subsided with the defeat of SOPA and PIPA. If anything it has substantially accelerated."

Ears open, eyeballs click.
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmm, that could really mean anything, including fairer legislation like OPEN. I wouldn't trust the guy though.

We've been posting this $#@! all week long. There are no less than roughly 30 bills being proposed (not unique to just the US, but worldwide) that are nothing more than carbon copies of SOPA and PIPA's intent.

You have the Freedom of Speech. (well, at least that is what we are told)

You do NOT have the Right to Listen. (you dont have a right, but I'll sell you a License to listen, and it isnt even my $#@! that Im selling you the license to listen to!)
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    We've been posting this $#@! all week long. There are no less than roughly 30 bills being proposed (not unique to just the US, but worldwide) that are nothing more than carbon copies of SOPA and PIPA's intent.

You have the Freedom of Speech. (well, at least that is what we are told)

You do NOT have the Right to Listen. (you dont have a right, but I'll sell you a License to listen, and it isnt even my $#@! that Im selling you the license to listen to!)
    I just don't even know what to do anymore.

I am getting so fed up with this $#@! that I just want to tell all of them to $#@! off

No more legislation!

We can't afford to pay legislators, we can't afford to pay enforcers.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    No more legislation!

We can't afford to pay legislators, we can't afford to pay enforcers.
    Why do we seriously pay these $#@!ing pieces of $#@!?

Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post
    Why do we seriously pay these $#@!ing pieces of $#@!?
    We elect them, we let them write themselves more power and more money every time a new bill is introduced.

It doesn't matter what pet cause is listed on the top page, bottom line is more money from taxpayers, less freedom for someone.