Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 47 of 47

Thread: A thread of thanks!

  1. #31

    Default

    I agree fully. Just seems to me it has gotten heavy lately. I am not bashing, I love this site. But, some people have been banned because they are controversial. Most of the current Mod group spent a lot of time stirring the pot so to speak in '08. Now they have power to shut us down because someone cries fowl?? I dunno. Seems hypocritical to me. Its funny, the ones answering this post are not the ones bitching behind the scene. Let me hear from the cry babies... Lol. We all know they have no back bone. Oh, BTW, I am a conservative Catholic that thinks there are powers operating behind the scenes to undermine liberty and I am willing to take the heat for my beliefs. I profile in my own environment because of the history of certain groups. That does not mean I am not a social liberal and fiscally conservative. I lean libertarian and will die to protect the constitution. It is a close as we have to a realistic government and I admire the founders and their wives for giving us this powerful tool. As we retake this government, I for one will rely on that very document to rebuild when we collapse. We can fix the short comings after we get that back, as the rule of law.
    I think the trolls serve our ends per my original post. Call me a naive idiot that holds on to a christian philosophy and call me a dumb fuck because I don't buy the I come from apes ideal. Tell me I am an earth raper because I don't buy peak oil. No skin off my back... I just love liberty. That said, Liberty gives the idiots the right to spew their vitriol. It is poisonous attacks and the calling out of people that makes one stronger.

    Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by SL89; 04-06-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    “The state can't give you freedom, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free.” ~ Utah Phillips



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SL89 View Post
    I think the trolls serve our ends per my original post.
    Some are mostly harmless, a foil at best and an annoyance at the least. A distraction.
    There are others here with agendas though also.
    hopefully those that are learning will also learn this difference.
    I have no one on ignore.. And some folks just catch my attention.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-06-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  4. #33
    Needs a bigger boat Anti Federalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a Nine Line Bind
    Posts
    51,687
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This is a great forum, no doubt!

    Salute!

    *AF, may I have another?"
    Of course my dear.

  5. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    The funniest thing I have ever seen was a guy from another country who insisted on slamming the United States, constantly, and in general just being a super troll ... At one point the MOD's of that forum had IP addresses blocked for an entire country ... That was about 10 accounts into the process LOL

    This place might have a few issues, but IMO they are very minor.

    Per this thread - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?370751-Alternate-quot-sock-puppet-quot-accounts-are-NOT-allowed I take it someone got suspended/banned, and this thread is the result ?

    Can't blame you, SL89 ... Friends/enemies ... It's all good IMO, even when we disagree, and YES we do miss those who disappear for a bit.

    Thanks AF
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  6. #35

    Default

    ///// Misspoke.
    Last edited by SL89; 04-08-2012 at 10:54 PM.
    “The state can't give you freedom, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free.” ~ Utah Phillips

  7. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    The funniest thing I have ever seen was a guy from another country who insisted on slamming the United States, constantly, and in general just being a super troll ... At one point the MOD's of that forum had IP addresses blocked for an entire country ... That was about 10 accounts into the process LOL

    This place might have a few issues, but IMO they are very minor.

    Per this thread - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?370751-Alternate-quot-sock-puppet-quot-accounts-are-NOT-allowed I take it someone got suspended/banned, and this thread is the result ?

    Can't blame you, SL89 ... Friends/enemies ... It's all good IMO, even when we disagree, and YES we do miss those who disappear for a bit.

    Thanks AF
    So what?? We are perfectly capable of defending the principles of our republic! Those that love liberty also love defending it. Nothing more and nothing less.
    “The state can't give you freedom, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free.” ~ Utah Phillips

  8. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SL89 View Post
    So what?? We are perfectly capable of defending the principles of our republic! Those that love liberty also love defending it. Nothing more and nothing less.
    Perhaps you misunderstodd me ... I am in agreement with you.

    I just thought it funny, and I'm sure frustrating for the MOD's to have to go so far as to block an entire country, just to keep someone off of a forum.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  9. #38

    Default

    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to azxd again.
    “The state can't give you freedom, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free.” ~ Utah Phillips

  10. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    This should be a place to educate outsiders in the various aspects of Liberty.
    Often there is just a communication problem,, but information is given,,freely.

    And a lot of folks walked different paths to this crossroad.
    This ^^^ More time is spent policing the old timers than promoting liberty.
    “The state can't give you freedom, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free.” ~ Utah Phillips

  11. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post


    Tanks a lot.



    What is she really selling?
    Last edited by Indy Vidual; 04-06-2012 at 11:12 PM.
    • Negativity is ignorance, and ignorance is your own personal tyranny. It tells you how to act, how to talk, how to think, and what to feel. You will never see a world without tyrants until you release your own. ~Honored to be Among You

    How does Ron stay so calm?

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  12. #41

    Default

    • Negativity is ignorance, and ignorance is your own personal tyranny. It tells you how to act, how to talk, how to think, and what to feel. You will never see a world without tyrants until you release your own. ~Honored to be Among You

    How does Ron stay so calm?

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  13. #42
    Master Skeptic Brian4Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,804
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    And continuing in that vein,



    Lol! Classic.

    I see these commercials for the new Three Stooges movie and wonder if it will be worthwhile. Will probably wait for the DVD or HBO...

    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul


  14. #43
    Unapologetic Feminist Nirvikalpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,930
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SL89 View Post
    We don't see Josh around very much these days. He made a point of showing up in the banning of Eduardo though. And it has to do with a certain mod that went crying to him, hmmmm.
    I'm curious as to how you have access to the moderation forum on RPF (and by that I mean, how you really don't have a clue about any of the processes/conversations between mods, or have access to flagged posts, or can see certain reputation)?

    Seems like a baseless accusation to me...

    What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead




    निर्विकल्पा

  15. #44

    Default

    Just from what i've seen, you aren't allowed to talk negatively about.... israel, elitist jewish people, racist black people, or anyone that you'd see al sharpton or the adl defending. And I don't mean incessantly talk about that stuff but just every once in a while if the topic warrants it. That is a shame really as I grew up during the 80s and people talked so much shit on those type of people if it was warranted. And no one got their panties in a bunch back then until the late 80s/early 90s when pc crap came in and ruined america.

    It's basically whoever owns the board is how it will go and we obviously have shitty pc people who own the board and I say this very proudly and do not care if I get banned for saying it because I could just come back on under another handle if I wanted to but I probably wouldn't because I abhor pc-twat forums and this place will become somewhat useless after this election and a newer forum will most likely take over. At least one that let's people say what the fuck they want without mods having a sissy fit or posters crying about someone saying the wrong thing once in a while.

    I remember there were a few good libertarian forums out there a couple years back and they didn't bann people unless porn was put up or if people just posted scam-links all the time. There was usually good debate going on at those places.

    And if anyone should be banned it at all it should be the useless shitbags that nay-say and catastrophize those who are positive, have good news, and are actually doing something. I don't want to name names but one of those dipshits has a jimmy carter avatar and he(im not being serious here, this is a figurative joke) should be punted in his balls for that alone.

    I grew up with this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN-uMG4xzuw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M9C6a1K0nI

    while the cry babys on here probably grew up on this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k61AN4fynDM

    That is the difference.


    Quote Originally Posted by SL89 View Post
    I just wanted to thank the members of this forum. Despite the recent banning's that I disagree with, Josh has done us a great service by setting up this site. It has done its job for the cause. It has been a beacon for those wanting to learn and kept the fire under our feet. From those that needed homework help to the ways of becoming a delegate, from case law to gardening. And I hope it is here years from now. Some go and some stay. It is the latter that really matter. I have been here since its inception and a member since '08. Despite some poisonous characters that have tried to derail liberty; we have the best core of patriots ever assembled in modern times. The collective IQ of people here astounds me. Yes we have our faults but, damn. For the most part we have been free to post IDEAS to get us back to what the founders envisioned. Some keep us informed on what goes on behind our backs, things the MSM willfully neglect. I don't need to name names, we know who you all are, that are diligent and take liberty serious. And to those that throw conventional arguments up, it just strengthens our resolve. Nothing wrong with a good troll now and then. Keeps us on our toes. Then there are those that like to hang "off topic" those threads offer needed relief. Many of us have busted our asses for RP and we are tired, weary and damn right exhausted and at times have broken spirits with little hope for our fellow man. Fighting against the system is hard and it is nice to come here not only to share ideas but to take a break as well. I for one love the humor of some members. I know the forum rules but, the recent crackdown has me concerned. Liberty takes all types. Maybe I am not here enough but, I don't see much across the board hatred, just some personal attacks that are thrown out in the heat of the moment. There was lots of that going on when the founders were debating. I thought we were thicker skinned than that. That said. Thanks RPF.
    Being PC is not going to keep members here. Arm chair patriots are not our friend. Tough, thick skinned patriots are what we need. I respect Josh's ownership. I just hope it does not go overboard. Again thanks to all of the active members. ALL of them!

    PS Mods, I am posting here for all to see. If you want to move it be my guest.
    Last edited by csu1987; 04-07-2012 at 09:25 AM.

  16. #45
    Member malkusm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    5,673
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csu1987 View Post
    Just from what i've seen, you aren't allowed to talk negatively about.... israel, elitist jewish people, racist black people,
    Most such threads are moved to Hot Topics, rather than being deleted altogether; so on that point, you are mistaken. However, if you violate the Forum Guidelines, then you will be given warnings, infractions, temp bans, and permabans (in that order).

    + No promoting agendas that counter our Mission Statement.
    + Posts should not promote negativity in collectivist mindsets that view humans as members of groups rather than individuals. Such forms of collectivism include sexism, racism, antisemitism; they will not be tolerated here.

  17. #46

    Default

    Your Welcome.

    Adam Mcquaid is one tough hombre.

  18. #47

    Default

    "I grew up with this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN-uMG4xzuw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M9C6a1K0nI

    while the cry babys on here probably grew up on this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k61AN4fynDM

    That is the difference."

    my man
    Last edited by Noble Savage; 04-07-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •