Thread: An individual's rights in a public altercation/fight?

An individual's rights in a public altercation/fight?

So I just watched a fight that happened in the city where I used to go to school and it made me absolutely sick. There was a couple of girls fighting in the intersection of a street in Springfield, MA and there were a lot of onlookers. Most of the onlookers were either instigating the fight, standing idly by doing nothing or straight up filming the fight.

Here's the fight I'm questioning: hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y8TVuC2tKpE

Now, I am for individual liberty, but I question the rights of those who are

A) Involved in the fight
    B) Idly standing by
    C) Instigating the fight
    D) Filming the fight
    and
    E) Those who served alcohol to the people in the fight if there happened to be alcohol involved..which there usually is with public fights late at night like this one.

I think there is a very fine line that needs to be drawn here from the perspective of individual rights and liberty. With a fight like this happening in an intersection, there are a lot of things that could go wrong and the potential victims of such a tragedy are endless.

1) Those involved in the fight
    2) The spectators of the fight
    3) The other drivers on the road
    4) The victims of crimes the police could have been focusing their time on pursuing while this fight happened.

Thoughts, RPF? I'd love to hear your view on this from different angles.
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well if you get your ass kicked for trying to stop the fight the scares you got would look pretty righteous walking into heaven.

Violence happens. Can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Or some don't have to leave the house if they don't want to.

We have laws for all this you spoke of already. But the law is not perfect. So, last thing we need is more of them

If truly for liberty and freedom as you say a little fight on a street corner should not bother you too much

Ever watch Bonanza? Those Cartwright boys were always getting into fights and they were portrayed as good well behaved characters.

If it is a mutual fight, not just someone trying to get away, fights on. But once someone is done fighting and another continues the beating, I'd probably enlist the help of other bystanders to break it up.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

My son 15 and me 50 have been attending a Jeet Kune Do class. Learning how to fight. Son is a wonderful kid. Great personality and disposition. This school teaches how to fight! If he got into a fight, most people would not stand a chance. So many submission holds unbelievable! No need for blood. No need to kick their ass. Put them in a submission hold and fight is over.