Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate/"sock puppet" accounts are NOT allowed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alternate/"sock puppet" accounts are NOT allowed

7/2013 Note- please see the "Policies on Multiple Accounts" for updated details:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content...age-Guidelines

[Note: The forum announcement is temporary; this thread is permanent. Thus, the thread.]

Anyone caught posting on an alternate, or "sock puppet" account (i.e. using two accounts at once), will be banned for doing so (both on their original and alternate accounts). This includes using a new account if your old account is banned.

First offense: Two-week ban for main account, permanent ban for all alternate accounts.
    Second offense: Permanent ban of all user accounts. (This includes using a new account if your account is temporarily banned.)

Thanks,

-Matt

P.S. - Yes, this includes Matt Collins.

7/2013 Note- please see the "Policies on Multiple Accounts" for updated details:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content...age-Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about kludge/kluge?

Kludge's old account has been inactive since 12/30/2011. AFAIK Kluge is a shared Kludge-and-amy account since amy lost the login to her old account.

But yes, this will be universally enforced, and does apply to Kluge.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i am going
    to miss ZZ!
    fair is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    [Note: The forum announcement is temporary; this thread is permanent. Thus, the thread.]

Anyone caught posting on an alternate, or "sock puppet" account (i.e. using two accounts at once), will be banned for doing so (both on their original and alternate accounts). This includes using a new account if your old account is banned.

First offense: Two-week ban for main account, permanent ban for all alternate accounts.
    Second offense: Permanent ban of all user accounts. (This includes using a new account if your account is temporarily banned.)

Thanks,

-Matt

P.S. - Yes, this includes Matt Collins.
    Finally, RPF becomes reality based and not a toy for the cowardly and schizophrenic. +rep
    Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Looks like Roy L and his sock puppet are doomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Looks like Roy L and his sock puppet are doomed.
    JohnLVT was already banned.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    oic. Wasn't there another one? Roy's threads and the threads he hijacked became too tiresome for me too watch carefully.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And now so have you? Interesting. Do we now find out that 90% of the members are fake? I knew it!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    And now so have you? Interesting. Do we now find out that 90% of the members are fake? I knew it!
    Hope Eduardo wasn't perma-banned. I notice Collins isn't, despite being the 2nd biggest offender of the rule next to Fire11.
    Well, I got Rand started on his campaign (just search around here to see). I advised Thomas Massie before he ran for Congress. I am currently advising 2 liberty campaigns for the state legislature. I ran the war-room and won Minnesota for Ron Paul a few weeks back. There are other things I'm probably forgetting.
    Yet I can't afford $200 to go to a seminar--Matt Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Kluge View Post
    Hope Eduardo wasn't perma-banned. I notice Collins isn't, despite being the 2nd biggest offender of the rule next to Fire11.
    I'm onto you. You aren't real. You are a doctorate student's project in the field of A.I.

It WOULD explain low vote totals.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Just go ahead and ban everyone but the mods, and then let them start banning each other until there is only one mod left. And then let that mod commit seppuku.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
    Just go ahead and ban everyone but the mods, and then let them start banning each other until there is only one mod left. And then let that mod commit seppuku.
    It's coming. The banocaust will happen one day.

I lol'ed

Thumbs down

Hate to have to be the one to point out the obvious, but...

banning sock puppet accounts on a libertarian message board is kind of hypocritical, no?

I thought the libertarian motto is to punish behaviour which directly infringes on other's liberty...
    not to punish behaviour which we dislike or has the probability to be problematic.

Its almost as bad as banning driving while on your cell phone.

Besides... in the digital world of IP spoofing and persona management... how would you ever know?

I have no problem with and kind of like sock puppets... some people learn (and some educate) more proficiently from reading a [spoofed] dialogue than they do reading a well cited single player argument.

but yessa massa, me be keepin me socks on me feet,

presence
    Last edited by presence; 04-09-2012 at 07:31 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

banning sock puppet accounts on a libertarian message board is kind of hypocritical, no?

I thought the libertarian motto is to punish behaviour which directly infringes on other's liberty...
    not to punish behaviour which we dislike or has the probability to be problematic.

Besides... in the digital world if IP spoofing and persona management... how would you ever know?

presence
    Property owners set the rules of conduct on their property. The owners of this forum are in line with libertarian thought to the extent that they recognize this. If someone came into your store and broke every reasonable and/or explicit rule, wouldn't you throw them out?

Besides... in the digital world if IP spoofing and persona management... how would you ever know?

presence
    I made the point that searching via the "new posts" function. It is helpful to have a second account for that. The forum times out, and if you don't read all the new posts (need to do something else, etc.), then a second account comes in handy.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Not at all. Perhaps, if anything, it would be more likely to happen on a libertarian message board. I am not sure if this is a libertarian message board, though.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Yep. Especially considering eduardo just got banned. This is getting stupid.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    he was posting with an obvious sockpuppet account last night.

If I read that thread correctly, it sounded like he admitted it and said he'd stop once he was told it wasn't kosher.
    I may have missed something if he did something beyond that.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Can you link me to that thread? Just curious and I want to see it.
    ‎"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever."
    -Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    It is an exercise in power. It is a demonstration on how power works. It doesn't take much power to be powerful. This is why taking over the GOP won't deliver freedom. The people in power will make sure of it.

"The few who understand the system, will either be so interested in its profits, or so dependent on it's favors, that there will be no opposition from either class." - Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I saw that movie, it wasn't as entertaining as it sounds.

Thank you, Justinjj1.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ
    You can't know if someone has more than one account if they are using different IPs. It is impossible to enforce this rule for those that know how to use proxies or have more than one IP.
    We're quite aware. Those in question seem to not care that we know and even like to parade it around.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

You can't know if someone has more than one account if they are using different IPs. It is impossible to enforce this rule for those that know how to use proxies or have more than one IP.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    How do you think Fire11 is able to come back every other week or so?

damn, and I was just starting to get some major rep on my alt account. oh well, its about damn time.

i dont have a second account nor would i want one, but c'mon, there is absolutely no way to stop someone from creating a second account.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast