Thread: Father: "I'm proud my son called the cops on me".

Father: "I'm proud my son called the cops on me".

A father tried to punish his son by taking away his beloved Xbox 360, so the son reportedly tried to punish his father by calling the cops on him and reporting it as a theft.

The incident happened over the weekend in Christchurch, New Zealand. The unidentified father and his 17-year-old son got into an argument over the teenager's bad grades and the father decided to confiscate his Xbox 360 because he puts in around two or three hours of game time a day and "puts it before everything else."

The kid allegedly decided his father had gone too far, so he called the cops and reported the Xbox 360 as a theft.
    Police had to follow up on the complaint, so they contacted the teen's father. Eventually, police realized the complaint was just a domestic quarrel and not a theft and urged the family to work it out amongst themselves. No charges have been filed, according to a police spokesman.

The truly surprising part is the father's reaction: He told the paper he was "a little bit proud" of the lengths his kid took to get his gaming console back. I'm sure he'll make a great lawyer someday.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...calls-the-cops
    Last edited by aGameOfThrones; 07-14-2012 at 08:40 PM.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After I hung up with the cops I would have smashed that bitch into 6 zillion pieces.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    After I hung up with the cops I would have smashed that bitch into 6 zillion pieces.
    This!

Child abuse!!!
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Well I believe the part about making a good lawyer someday.

And then I would have sold his Xbox.

The kid allegedly decided his father had gone too far, so he called the cops and reported the Xbox 360 as a theft.
    Suddenly: Filicide.

hmmmmmm, reminds me of the scene in 1984 where Winston Smith is in the holding tank for RM101. His slob neighbor is brought in by the the Thought Police. Neighbor confides to Winston that his kids turned him in for thought crime and that he is 'proud' of them for doing so.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course he will say that while the cops and journalists are there.After the cops left I would give him the Xbox and take his house key because it is my house.OR of course you can go the standard way where the belt goes to work and you sell the console.

Wait... I'm confused. You mean the cops came to a domestic dispute and no dogs were shot dead?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Wait... I'm confused. You mean the cops came to a domestic dispute and no dogs were shot dead?
    The Mundane's dogs were likely shot on a prior visit; I'm sure this isn't the first time this kid has pulled this.

+rep!!!!!

Already done exactly that here 4 months ago, for real. No cops were called to my house though, and the only thing injured was a couple of day Lillys close to the initial "explosion" of plastic and copper shrapnel. Also injured were my son's feelings for a day or two, but it is now crystal clear that everything else is to be done before the "new"* one is ever turned on, and not to ever try me again.

*he found a used xbox for dirt cheap. HE buys . I, however, pay for the electricity and the Xbox LIVE acct, and high speed internet - he isn't on it for more than 2 hours a day now.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Breaking Xboxes is good for the economy.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Breaking Xboxes is good for the economy.

Let's reverse the headline, since he is oblivious to how lucky he is to be alive and able to work this out with his son:

Father Devastated After Cops Shoot Son to Death Over Xbox Argument Father say's "he was such a good kid, they didn't have to shoot him."
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post
    +rep!!!!!

Already done exactly that here 4 months ago, for real. No cops were called to my house though, and the only thing injured was a couple of day Lillys close to the initial "explosion" of plastic and copper shrapnel. Also injured were my son's feelings for a day or two, but it is now crystal clear that everything else is to be done before the "new"* one is ever turned on, and not to ever try me again.

*he found a used xbox for dirt cheap. HE buys . I, however, pay for the electricity and the Xbox LIVE acct, and high speed internet - he isn't on it for more than 2 hours a day now.

Yep. We have been through the same thing with the PS3. He worked his butt off to get the money to buy it, but that doesn't mean he gets to use it whenever he pleases and not take care of his business before he plays the stupid machine. That's what I call them all(this thing included). I know they don't make you stupid, but they sure do help you to not take care of the rest of your life while your head's stuck up in these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    Yep. We have been through the same thing with the PS3. He worked his butt off to get the money to buy it, but that doesn't mean he gets to use it whenever he pleases and not take care of his business before he plays the stupid machine. That's what I call them all(this thing included). I know they don't make you stupid, but they sure do help you to not take care of the rest of your life while your head's stuck up in these things.
    Well, to be fair, the tyrants in government have been selling your son's future away. He may as well drown his sorrows somehow.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Well, to be fair, the tyrants in government have been selling your son's future away. He may as well drown his sorrows somehow.

He knows. We talk about it all the time. Poor kid is very conflicted sometimes.

Hell, I am too. It's a good reason to drink.

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking the same thing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

I'm actually surprised the XBox wasn't suddenly held as evidence.

lmao