Thread: Education, Statism, & Future

pcgame

Last edited by pcgame; 12-13-2012 at 03:00 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post
    why hasn't homeschooling supplemented with online/computer education replaced the current public education system? There are so many resources for online and computer education. There are youtube channels (khan academy, universities, etc), companies that sell educational materials, and many other ways to learn without having to sit in a boring school all day. In fact, it is superior in all ways.

Is this one of the reasons why the Statists are trying to take over the internet? They want to keep future generations in the public school indoctrination system and thereby keeping them compliant to authority?

will the Statists allow online education? The National Inflation Association predicts that colleges in the future will post everything online and traditional class-room settings will be obsolete (also causing $$$ to lower).

For some reason I don't think the statists want this.
    A huge part of statism (Keynesianism) is keeping people in the dark. Methods of accounting (most accountants), IRS tax preparation services, lawyers, mortgage guys & gals, bankers of all types, stockbrokers, counterfeiters, and con men of all stripes are in on the game. Home Schooling FTW!
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

pcgame

Last edited by pcgame; 05-21-2012 at 02:01 PM.

I have a two-year old and have been planning his education since before he was born.

I researched the idea of homeschooling, but have decided against it. Personally, I just don't feel my wife and I provide the broadest range of experience from which I want my son to benefit. I understand there are many online resources, but I plan on using these as a supplement to his education and not the basis.

That being said, he will NOT attend a government school. This limits my options in my small town, but there are good schools around.

I'm just letting you know there are other reasons why homeschooling hasn't caught on. I think there are many parents like me, who just don't feel confident enough to be the sole source of their child's education.

That being said, Travylr was exactly on point about why the state doesn't want competition. If government education was really good, they wouldn't have to make it compulsory.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire