Thread: Alright, who's in?

Alright, who's in?

http://www.nicaraguarealty.com/listings/details/1/3/91If the worst happens and there is a President Romney or Obama second term, who is interested in buy this 21 acre island in Nicaragua?

http://www.nicaraguarealty.com/listings/details/1/3/91
    Last edited by Dianne; 04-17-2012 at 09:21 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That price is fantastic. I am in!

I'm tentatively in.

Much to discuss, though.

First thing, figure out precisely what this means for freedom loving individuals; Yes the island has a clear title, registered in the Nicaraguan Land Registry. It is a fee simple title (like in the US) with no liens.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Hmmm, setup a rich person retreat and private banking system. This would run the economy and provide jobs for island inhabitants. Of course we still need to thoroughly understand who'd we would be dealing with (government).
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Yes! I'm most definitely in!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

This would be more expensive.
    I had money, then definitely in.

7 replies, 164 views . . . compare THAT with George Zimmerman.

A few words on this property:

[quote]
    $440,000
    Beds: -
    Baths: -
    Closed Area: -
    Open Area: -
    Total Area: 21 acres
    PID: 16634640

Viewed (40171)

Extras:
    21 acre Granada Island - Lake Nicaragua -
    Price includes:
    1) A furnished 40 ft by 40 ft - 2 bedroom wooden Guest House on cement foundation (North side) equipped with two electric power plants (Coleman generators 6250W each ), septic system, complete water system with four hp water pumps (two water wells, water tower etc). Has a refrigerator, gas for cooking, 2 double beds, tables, chairs, etc.
    Two different mobile phones service exist on the island.
    Also Internet with MOVISTAR mobile company (used to be BELLSOUTH)
    2) A wooden/cement caretaker house (south side).
    3) Three cement piers(docks) on the West & East side.
    4) An infinite pool on the north side

5) A 23 feet visitor- fiberglass speed boat with a 75hp Yamaha
    6) A 21 feet caretakers boat with a 6hp Suzuki
    7) A 26 feet construction (cargo) boat with a 25hp Yamaha

8) Island comes with a caretaker and a maid (optional)

The Neighbouring ISLANDS
    Most of the Granada islands are small around 1-5 acres.
    This island is a rare opportunity since very few exist with that size (21.0 acres) and they rarely come on sale especially at that price.
    Reason for Selling:
    The owner had the island more than thirty years.
    He is selling for financial reasons.

Title
    Yes the island has a clear title,
    registered in the Nicaraguan Land Registry.
    It is a fee simple title (like in the US) with no liens.

PRICE
    The total price for the 21.0 acres island is $ 540,000.
    Owner financing up to 50% of the purchase price.
    That means that the buyer pays only half ( $270K) of the asking price in cash,
    and the rest $ 270K in affordable monthly payments at 9% annual interest rate.

Closing - Fees
    Closing, Legal, Land Transfer fees (to your name), under $5K in Total.
    Takes about 10 days (max) to close.

Description:
    With an appearance of HAWAIAN island, but with a lot better price, this property is located 25 min East of Granada by boat, in the Lake of Nicaragua.
    The Lake of Nicaragua connects to the Caribbean sea via the river Rio San Juan
    The Island is located only 5 miles from the closest mainland.
    [/quote/
    Last edited by cheapseats; 04-22-2012 at 10:30 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcannon98188 View Post
    That price is fantastic. I am in!
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Yes! I'm most definitely in!

There is a thread entitled SOMETIMES I WONDER...

I wonder if these unequivocal endorsements blossomed into concrete Plan or Action of any sort.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 04-22-2012 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcannon98188 View Post
    That is if I had money XD
    Ah. Exam Papers and MOST people can relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Exam Papers View Post
    This would be more expensive.
    I had money, then definitely in.

Quote Originally Posted by Czolgosz View Post
    I'm tentatively in.

Much to discuss, though.

First thing, figure out precisely what this means for freedom loving individuals; Yes the island has a clear title, registered in the Nicaraguan Land Registry. It is a fee simple title (like in the US) with no liens.

IS it being discussed?

Not here, obviously. But ARE heads bent over the feasibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Czolgosz View Post
    Hmmm, setup a rich person retreat...
    Rich people are accustomed to AMENITIES, which costs much more money AND involves much more regulation Capital outlay AND customer service...double trouble.

UNLESS the hook is Naturalist/Survivalist/Basic. Which attracts its OWN special attention from Authority.

...and private banking system.
    As I see it, PEER TO PEER LENDING is key to undoing of the death-grip. Literally, I see no other peaceful way.

This would run the economy and provide jobs for island inhabitants. Of course we still need to thoroughly understand who'd we would be dealing with (government).
    THAT is a key difference between Community Constructs . . . whether an Intended Community mainly generates revenue from within, or whether jobs outside the Community "merely" allow Members to live in security when they are NOT working out in the crazy-cruel world. (Stipulated, core self-sufficiency.) One has only to look around to know bunches of Compatriots are not soon or suddenly gonna be hewing existence outta the elements.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 04-22-2012 at 11:59 PM.

$440,000 seems "reasonable" for an island...like I ever pondered this stuff. Call it $600,000 with fees & whatnot.

21 acres is a lot of land for one person, not so much for 21 people.

If it "comes with or without" Caretakers (lol), presumably there are TWO habitable residences?

$300,000 for two people/units.

$150,000 for four people/units, who maybe they still work Stateside and "only" spend half-year on their island.

I am persuaded that a little Community is gonna get off the ground quicker, the littler the number of Charter Members.

This isn't the opportunity for ME, but it surely IS an opportunity.

I cannot get a handle on whether MANY or HARDLY ANY people are making the actual, tangible changes in their OWN lifestyles that their typed passions seem to warrant.

Pretty much only my name, height, weight and eye color are the same as six years ago.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 04-23-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Well I guess SOMEONE is "in", because the property is sold.

Wish I could do something like this. A whole island, cheaper by 100k than my 2000 sq. ft. 1980s house in the burbs.