Thread: Rick Santorum is attempting to change Texas to a winner-take-all delegate state

Rick Santorum is attempting to change Texas to a winner-take-all delegate state

Texas has its Republican primary on May 29, 2012 and will be awarding 155 delegates proportionately to the candidates. This means that the number of delegates each candidate is awarded in the state is based on the number of votes each candidate receives. Rick Santorum and his campaign staff are attempting to change that.

Rick Santorum would like to make Texas a winner-take-all state in an effort to narrow Mitt Romney's delegate lead. The Texas Republican Party drafted an email Thursday to call an emergency meeting and attempt to change the delegate allocation rules.

http://exm.nr/HknQOJ

It seems unlikely they'll be able to pull it off...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what's ron position in procuring delegates in Texas?

It's not going to come close to happening, but even if it did it would just help Romney some more. Santorum isn't going to be a serious candidate when May 29th rolls around.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 04-05-2012 at 08:26 PM.

What percentage is Ron expected to get? Please tell me at least 30%. It's f*cking Texas for crying out loud.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    What percentage is Ron expected to get? Please tell me at least 30%. It's f*cking Texas for crying out loud.
    10%, if we're lucky.

Would anyone actually be surprised if this got pulled off? Santorum is a $#@!ing lunatic. He never uttered the word delegate until RP started showing up talking about the strategy.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

If they did this, I think they will lose half their delegates.

The reason that the few states that were winner-take-all stayed that way is because they lost delegates for moving their primary up, and there was no additional penalty for the failure to move to a proportional delegate allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Would anyone actually be surprised if this got pulled off? Santorum is a $#@!ing lunatic.
    It takes a fourth-fifths super-majority to change the rules in an election year. Romney more than has the votes to stop this, if he's actually threatened by it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.