Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Ron Paul Song Bonanza! New Torrent Released

Here is another Ron Paul song I came across a while back. It's not all that new (July, 2012), but probably most here have never heard it. It's a rap:

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And here is perhaps my favorite. FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How many people had songs good enough that they were later picked up for tv episodes written for them in a campaign? And the band TRIED to donate this so all proceeds would have gone to Ron's campaign.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Definitely, sailingaway. That song has touched my heart more than once while listening. It's emotionally powerful. I've got it on the rEVOLution soundtrack CD in my rEVOLutionmobile.

I like that one. This one made for R3Volution march in 2008 has always been one of my favorites, as well. It doesn't have all the visual production value, but it sticks in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    And here is perhaps my favorite. FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I promoted that to the front page. ^^
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-15-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Nice. I'm glad someone still appreciates good old-fashioned ASCII art.

I'm soooo torrent challenged but I think I got it going
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

oh.. I just noticed the date on the first post.. no wonder there is no seeding going on
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

There's only 2 seeds at present.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    and neither is active

Mine is active, and uploading right now. So you should get it, it just won't be as fast as if multiple people were seeding.

Here is another Ron Paul song I came across a while back. It's not all that new (July, 2012), but probably most here have never heard it. It's a rap:

That's a good rap. I like it. I have no idea how to download torrents though. Do you have a website so people can listen to each song off the internet ?
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaCato View Post
    That's a good rap. I like it. I have no idea how to download torrents though.
    http://remote.utorrent.com/tiny/umLbdk

This link makes everything fairly automatic and easy. Just click on the link, then on the big download button, then go through a typical install process and it will set everything up and start downloading it for you.

Do you have a website so people can listen to each song off the internet ?
    Yes, I have that too! Just go to the link below and you can scroll through the whole list and click on anything you like to listen or download.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jaae3zdgphrg115/YdhXtcKBdr
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 06-09-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Since people are getting linked to the middle of the thread from the front page and missing the info from the first page of the thread, here is an explanation of the torrent:

Welcome to the Ron Paul Music Torrent!

In putting this together, it gradually became clear that there are a truly astounding number of
    songs which have been made in support, in celebration, and in outright adoration of that icon for
    liberty, Ron Paul. These songs have been written by people worldwide and have poured out in a stream
    of creativity for the past five years. Why are folks so excited about this unassuming man from
    Texas?

Because they want LIBERTY! They just want to be free! The establishment, meanwhile, is doing their
    best to smother and destroy this uprising. This epic struggle against overwhelming odds brings
    powerful emotions to the surface, and out of those feelings of frustration, inspiration, and
    dedication comes the Ron Paul songs cottage industry.

Everyone has made so *many* songs, in fact, that I questioned whether I should winnow the list down
    somewhat. In the end there were a few that did not make the cut, due to them being just too
    horrible. But I decided to leave the overwhelming majority in the collection. And so you get a whole
    crazy range of musical expression, from young Logan in Utah switching on his webcam to go nuts on
    his air guitar about how much he hates Hillary and Ron Paul has the right ideas, to elaborate and
    highly polished pieces like "President Paul," "Message of Freedom," or "You're the Best Man for the
    Job." A great variety of styles is represented as well, though not all -- as you can see if you sort
    the songs by genre, no one has yet written a Ron Paul Polka nor a Ron Paul Disco, so hopefully
    someone will rise to that challenge.

So, without further ado, and after many years of collection, and many hours of diligent scouring of
    the internet, I present for your enjoyment:

401 Songs.
    2 Music Videos.
    1 Big Heaping Helping of Freedom!

If you listen to all these and still don't support Ron Paul... what can I say? I don't know what's
    wrong with you!

My recommended Mix CD to burn for your upcoming Ron Paul Rally:

Ron Paul For President 2008
    The Ballad of Ron Paul
    This Is It (Ron Paul Grassroots Anthem)
    The Ron Paul Anthem
    Intellectual Revolution
    What If Speech Auto-tuned
    Ron Paul On Em - Troops, Youth, Freedom
    Ron Paul Free
    Ron Paul Rock Anthem
    Ron Paul Revolution Theme Song
    Ron Paul, Ron Paul
    The Beatles and Mark Thornton
    Power to the Peaceful
    Let Freedom Ring
    Landslide
    Freedom's Coming Home
    Ron Paul Revolution
    Bombs ( The Ron Paul Song )
    President Paul
    The Fight for Freedom
    Spirit of Ron Paul Champions
    Ron Paul Song Of Liberty

Obviously you could add other non-Ron Paul specific songs, such as "We're not Gonna Take It," "I'm
    Proud to be an American," "The Final Countdown," etc.

This project has been a labor of love. I hope that you enjoy it. I have added tons of metadata to
    the songs to make them more useful to you and add to your joy. To see it all, you'll have to enable
    the display of Title, Subtitle, Artist, Album, Track, Year, Genre, Album Artist, and Publisher. (In
    Windows, at the top of the "Ron Paul Music 2" window click on the "View" menu and select "Choose
    details..."). To use the "00 About the songs.csv" file, you will have to tell your spreadsheet
    program to treat ~ (the tilde) as the delimiter, not the comma or anything else. Many of the songs I
    had to name, because they either were untitled or were titled the same thing as 20 other songs, so I
    hope I did OK in my title choices. In the Subtitle metadata field I put alternate title
    possibilities, or the original title, or the first line, or other memorable lines. I mis-used the
    Album Artist field to put in a web address where you can find the song. This is most often a Youtube
    video, and some of the videos are enjoyable to watch as you're listening to the song, so have fun
    with that.

Keep fighting the good fight, my friends. Don't give in to tyranny. Keep the r3VOLution alive!

"Don't give up. Don't retreat into cynicism. Even if we don't win, life is about fighting for
    something greater than yourself. It's a good thing to fight for what's right, and it's enjoyable to
    fight for what's right, and it's immensely satisfying to fight for what's right." -Tom Woods

If you like rap, here's one from Japan:

It has kind of an electronic sound, and has rock and melodic elements mixed in too.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 01-20-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Here's another two of my favorites. No video, sorry.

http://www.myspace.com/hardrockforro...names-13457859

Here's one that I missed back in the day and just popped up again. So, it's not excellent, but it's new! Black THIS Out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlFvLo1fAac
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 01-29-2013 at 03:22 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's a brand new song from Jordan Page! It's to celebrate his raising $10,000 on IndieGogo. Congratulations, Jordan!

And here's one that came out after my "Ron Paul Music 2" collection, so is not included. So you may never have heard it before. It's a take off of a famous song "Someone Like You".

And that's not the only one based off of that song:

Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 02-08-2013 at 12:33 AM.

By the way, I hope everyone is ignoring the posts about problems on earlier pages. The torrent is active and seeding. You can get it at either of these convenient locations:

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7161950/Ron_Paul_Music_2
    http://remote.utorrent.com/tiny/umLbdk
    (for torrent noobs)

Or by Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jaae3zdgphrg115/YdhXtcKBdr (even noobier)

You would be surprised at how many of these songs are actually good. There's a huge variety.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 02-08-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Mankind will never stop creating Ron Paul songs. Here's a new one. Enjoy!

And yet another Brand New Ron Paul Song! Why are people still making these? Don't they know he's retired?

Ahh, but liberty never retires.

Here is an upbeat musical presentation for Ron Paul. The song is not an original composition, but it is about freedom, and the music video is sufficiently well-done that it is an artistic creation in itself. Plus, there was a request earlier on this thread for reggae. You want more reggae? Behold: more reggae!

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And yet another Brand New Ron Paul Song! Why are people still making these? Don't they know he's retired?

Ahh, but liberty never retires.

Ron Paul is a living legend. There will be songs made about this man for many decades, if not centuries to come. I truly believe that. He's going to be the biggest part of history that wasn't allowed to exist in our own time.

I'm actually interested in getting involved with one of these liberty bands myself. I'm no good at combining musical notes with lyrics, but I come up with a lot of ideas for lyrics and can learn to play anything on guitar. I would LOVE to continue the making of Ron Paul songs.

I've also had the idea that people should continue putting on liberty festivals like Paulfest. I often go to Jamband festivals and I can just imagine how great it would be to be at a festival dedicated to promoting liberty. It would keep the message going strong, plus allow for the opportunity of teaching people how to get politically active and involved in liberty projects.

By the way, is there ever going to be a version 2.0 of this? It made it easy to download it all in one lump last time, it's hard to dig through the internet to find all of the Ron Paul songs.
    Last edited by revned; 04-11-2013 at 03:11 PM.

A End The Fed Song

Quote Originally Posted by revned View Post
    By the way, is there ever going to be a version 2.0 of this? It made it easy to download it all in one lump last time, it's hard to dig through the internet to find all of the Ron Paul songs.
    It's already on 2.0. There will probably be a 3.0... someday. It will add about 100 songs, I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast