Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photos: Ron Paul at the University of California, Los Angeles rally

Thumbs up Photos: Ron Paul at the University of California, Los Angeles rally

Just finished uploading my photos from yesterday's rally at the University of California, Los Angeles. It was a great event, despite heavy security for no apparent reason (on the part of UCLA's tennis court staff, not the campaign's who have always been very nice), which prevented me from capturing Ron from every angle, but oh well. It was great to see such energy, and as a lot of people suggested several days before the rally, registering as a Republican was a main theme of the introducer of Ron before his speech, and Ron even emphasized people registering and voting. You can find MANY more photos from the event here.

Please do not merge this thread with the other UCLA thread, as I'd like to keep my photo threads seperate as I always do.

I uploaded a couple panoramic view photos as well of the entire crowd at the stadium. It was great seeing some fellow RPFers at the event, and I wish I had gotten to meet other RPFers who attended the rally as well. You can find MANY more photos from the rally at the link below.

You can find more than 70 photos from the event here.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Love it! Spreading it!
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by hillertexas View Post
    Love it! Spreading it!
    Thanks!
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Great photos! Looks like an awesome turnout!
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    Great photos! Looks like an awesome turnout!
    Thank you!

. It was great seeing some fellow RPFers at the event, and I wish I had gotten to meet other RPFers who attended the rally as well.
    +rep for any captured pics of the elusive sailingaway.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    +rep for any captured pics of the elusive sailingaway.
    I posted a message last night on the forum saying I was in the press pit, and quoted sailingaway asking where he/she was. Unfortunately I did not get to meet him/her.

Bump.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obviously we don't mean a thing to the gop or the press

I posted a message last night on the forum saying I was in the press pit, and quoted sailingaway asking where he/she was. Unfortunately I did not get to meet him/her.
    I am 95% certain sailing's a she.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

This pic is awesome. Good job again, Gage. +rep
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Good stuff, thanks G man.

Thanks guys! Glad you like the photos.

And all +rep is appreciated, as I am more than halfway to another bar!

Thanks guys! Glad you like the photos.

And all +rep is appreciated, as I am more than halfway to another bar!
    "You must pass some reps and stuff around before we can let you +rep Gage again."

Sailingaway was incog.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by hillertexas View Post
    Love it! Spreading it!
    I suggested about a month ago Ron's signature should be the peace sign when he does rallies. He always raises both arms when he comes out. Why not add the peace? Glad he is doing it. It's about image!
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry, Gage! I was watching Ron, and even posting what I posted on my phone was tediously slow.... I didn't look at it much. I didn't realize you were there at the time, but I did hope you were! Great pictures!

Also, I saw that write up on you the other day -- you are getting famous for your pictures, and well deserved!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Awesome. Fore go school and become the full time photographer for honest politicians who the establishment ignores. There is a demand for people like you.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Thank you Gage, those are GREAT photographs!

2nd down and last are exceptional pictures.Don't forego school but you have a natural eye for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RonRules View Post
    LMFAOOOOOO HAHAHAHAH that made my day thank you! Actually I'm going to see Dr. Paul later so that made my morning!

Does cali have paper ballots?

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    This pic is awesome. Good job again, Gage. +rep
    Yeah I love those facial expressions.

Who is that one guy who looks like a tall, skinny version of Jimmy Fallon?

Ron Paul does not need nor want secret service welfare, lol.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 04-05-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    I am 95% certain sailing's a she.
    lol is this some sort of RPF meme?

The pic with peace sign is now my background. Looked at them all. Awesome pics, Gage. Thanks. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Who is that one guy who looks like a tall, skinny version of Jimmy Fallon?

lol, I was thinking the same thing too.

Just finished uploading my photos from yesterday's rally at the University of California, Los Angeles. It was a great event, despite heavy security for no apparent reason (on the part of UCLA's tennis court staff, not the campaign's who have always been very nice), which prevented me from capturing Ron from every angle, but oh well. It was great to see such energy, and as a lot of people suggested several days before the rally, registering as a Republican was a main theme of the introducer of Ron before his speech, and Ron even emphasized people registering and voting. You can find MANY more photos from the event here.

You can find more than 70 photos from the event here.
    +rep and wonderful work on photography! Those are excellent captures of Ron and of the event. In principle, I'm not sure why the campaign didn't put you on the payroll and so they could supply some professional photos of Ron's events on their facebook page instead of that amateur stuff they always upload.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    lol, I was thinking the same thing too.

Dang, maybe it is Jimmy Fallon. Holy crap. Jimmy Fallon is protecting Ron Paul. (I'm just joking . . . as far as I know)
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 04-05-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast