Thread: Gay pride flag raised at US base in Afghanistan, investigation launched

Gay pride flag raised at US base in Afghanistan, investigation launched

A strange kink in operation spreading freedoms abroad:

Gay pride flag raised at US base gets jeered, cheered

04 Apr 2012 20:45:00 GMT
    related links
    Homecoming kiss photo spotlights ‘Gay Marine’ Facebook page

The United States military has reportedly launched an investigation into the appearance of the rainbow-striped gay pride flag that flew over an army base in Afghanistan.
    http://now.msn.com/now/0404-military...ates-flag.aspx

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's a shame this is what people are discussing and not the fact that we're still over there in the first place.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Burn that $#@! and bring them home.

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    It's a shame this is what people are discussing and not the fact that we're still over there in the first place.
    Good point, could this be another "cry for attention" to the forgotten war? There seems to be an effort to give as little space as possible to Afghan war violence reports in media.

http://www.alternet.org/story/154531...different_name

Afghanistan has been taken out of latest Obama reelection campaign video apparently after recent civilians massacre report came out.
    Last edited by moderate libertarian; 04-04-2012 at 08:26 PM.

If I was on my second tour of lovely Kandahar , I would put that up and report myself and suggest I be sent back to Tacoma for punishment ......

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If I was on my second tour of lovely Kandahar , I would put that up and report myself and suggest I be sent back to Tacoma for punishment ......
    Shows what happens when the usual out the girl GIs use (get pregnant) is not an option.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Shows what happens when the usual out the girl GIs use (get pregnant) is not an option.
    Good point , seriously , though , I could see some young enlisted guy throwing that up for laughs .

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Some radical freedom invention in future could end the gender gap there someday, who knows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_pregnancy

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like investigation report was factual, being reported by other sources too.

Someone forward this to Drudge and Limbaugh. /evil
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    What with American Idol, and Trevon Martin ... I totally forgot we were still in the Middle East /sarcasm.

They really need to end this ... There will be no Empire in the Middle East.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Good point , seriously , though , I could see some young enlisted guy throwing that up for laughs .
    Totally !!!
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Someone forward this to Drudge and Limbaugh.
    Risk with that is that it could bring attention towards failing deadly Afghan war and hurt Obama's Iran war drama, not to mension distract from zimmerman race war drama. Not high chance of Afgan news headlines on Drudge.