Thread: Congressman Tim Johnson (endorsed Ron Paul) is retiring

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's kind of a dick move, since he just won the Republican primary for that district.

Another anti-PATRIOT Act Congressman has been lost, one who has become more libertarian as time as worn on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Illinois Rep. Tim Johnson to retire

Illinois Rep. Tim Johnson to retire

By Cameron Joseph and Emily Goodin - 04/04/12 06:47 PM ET

Rep. Tim Johnson (R-Ill.) will retire this year despite winning his GOP primary just a few weeks ago, The Hill has confirmed.

During the redistricting process, in which Illinois lost a seat, Johnson's GOP-leaning district was made more Democratic by Dems, who controlled the process.

That was a factor in Johnson's decision, according to the Capitol Fax, an Illinois political newsletter, which first reported the news.

He will announce his decision Thursday, according to the report, which also stated Johnson felt comfortable with his decision given that perennial candidate David Gill will be the likely Democratic nominee. Johnson easily defeated Gill in 2010 with 64 percent of the vote. Gill was also the nominee against Johnson in 2004 and 2006.
    He endorsed Ron, didn't he?

Maybe Rahm sent him a fish.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Its rough being a Republican in IL.

The recent gerrymandering has cost us a few really good ones.
    http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-po...n-gerrymander/

I'm not an apologist for anyone, but I cant say I blame the guy a whole lot. IL is the birthplace of evil - IMO.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Rep. Tim Johnson of Illinois (endorsed Ron) will not seek re-election

That sucks. He was one of only a few members of the House to endorse Ron. The other two are Walter Jones and Justin Amash.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...k-re-election/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.