Thread: Romney thinks Lincoln, FDR and LBJ were great presidents

Romney thinks Lincoln, FDR and LBJ were great presidents

in his Wisconsin victory speech Mitt attacked Obama for comparing himself to such great presidents as Lincoln FDR and LBJ

this must mean Romney thinks those presidents were great

this should be used in other states.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ugh

"Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul with a heart, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul"

Romney said he would have signed NDAA.

That is absolutely all I ever need to know about Romney.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Romney said he would have signed NDAA.

That is absolutely all I ever need to know about Romney.
    Agreed...
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Barf, barf, barf... those are like the worst presidents ever... with perhaps Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson thrown in for good measure (I'm waiting for a tiny bit more historical perspective before adding the last couple of dudes to the list).

No One But Paul reinforced.

still surprising he said it.

Ron should issue a statement that Obama is just like FDR and LBJ

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    still surprising he said it.

Ron should issue a statement that Obama is just like FDR and LBJ
    What Ron should do is write a Op-Ed piece hitting both Obama for comparing himself to these Presidents and for Romney thinking they were great. Get this Op-Ed out right away.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lincoln: Starts unncessary war that leads to 500,000+ dead Americans
    FDR: Provokes Japan into attacking Pearl Harbor, leading to 400,000 dead Americans; ships Japanese-Americans off to gulags; slaughters half million Germans in Dresden; laid the foundation for the murder of 200,000 Japanese in Hiroshima and Nagasaki
    LBJ: Lies about Gulf of Tonkin incident, which leads to 58,000 dead Americans and millions of dead Vietnamese; welfare

I bet Romney can't wait to start another war so I can die for my country. Of course, his children will happen to be on 'mission' when the draft starts.

$#@! you, Romney.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

... and that's not even an exhaustive list. Just off the top of my head:

Lincoln: more like 700,000+ dead Americans... but whats another couple hundred thousand anyway, plus the centralized banking schemes, massive corporate welfare, unconstitutional income tax, conscription, massive tariffs, imprisoning without trial thousands of political prisoners (in the North!), suspending the writ of habeas corpus without congressional approval an in direct violation of an order from the chief justice of the Supreme Court, censoring and shutting down thousands of "opposition" newspapers critical of the war/war effort...
    FDR: the whole New Deal (social security, etc.), stealing our gold, trying to "pack" the Supreme Court (by adding a whole bunch of new judges) so they would stop ruling his New Deal programs (like the NRA) unconstitutional....

just listened to the replay; Romney called FDR and LBJ "HISTORICALLY GREAT PRESIDENTS"

then again, his father backed LBJ over Barry

I think Romney's top presidential choice is consistent with all he has said and written since he was governor.

The United States is financially struggling, maybe financially collapsing, but instead of hiring economic advisers Romney hires advisers that are "war hawk" military and "domestic spy" "advisers". Romney's op-eds when he was governor were about expanding domestic spying AND growing the military NOT fixing unemployment, although Massachusetts under Romney's watch ranked 47th worst state for employment.

The paper he submitted to show his intentions as president is a 44-page plan for, growing the military, policing other nations, world domination and expanding the government's reach legally to do MORE domestic SPYING http://www.mittromney.com/sites/defa...itePaper_0.pdf . No such plans for the economy. Just the opposite, Romney says he can't tell us his economical plan because he'd "lose" the election: http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/03...n-id-lose.html.

I am not the least bit surprised by Romney's presidential heroes.

My own opinion.
    Last edited by jolynna; 04-03-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. – Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, but we can gain influence by endorsing him and putting a libertarian on the ticket as VP. Don't be so rigid in some stupid purity test, it'll get us nowhere. We're working towards liberty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Not to spoil a good Romney-bashing (I am all for them) but he was making reference to Obama's quote in which Obama compared himself to Lincoln, LBJ and FDR. He definitely should have clarified that those three are Obama's conception of great Presidents, the way he did when he gave the line in the speech covered below.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/romn...t-said-on-snl/

Obama is comparable to Lincoln, FDR and LBJ as the worst presidents, so Obama comparing himself to them was just acknowledging the truth.

Obama is comparable to Lincoln, FDR and LBJ as the worst presidents, so Obama comparing himself to them was just acknowledging the truth.
    Hawkish, Keynesian, wipes his bum with the Bill of Rights... Sounds about right.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Yeah, but we can gain influence by endorsing him and putting a libertarian on the ticket as VP. Don't be so rigid in some stupid purity test, it'll get us nowhere. We're working towards liberty.
    if Romney can be used to put Ron or Rand on the ticket, that's ok

but what if he picks Rubio or Christie?

if Romney can be used to put Ron or Rand on the ticket, that's ok

but what if he picks Rubio or Christie?
    To dispell the ambiguity, you do mean Paul-Romney '12 and not Romney-Paul '12, right?

FlatIron

Does this really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by FlatIron View Post
    Does this really matter?
    it matters if Romney thinks FDR and LBJ were great presidents, just as it would matter if a German politician said/thought Hitler was a great chancellor

Quote Originally Posted by FlatIron View Post
    Does this really matter?
    No, not really. It just further solidifies that it's Romba vs. Obamney in the generals. Just like it always has been. Win/Win for the banking cartel and military-industrial complex.