Thread: Gov. Brewer Signs Bill Banning Medical Marijuana from College Campuses in Arizona

Gov. Brewer Signs Bill Banning Medical Marijuana from College Campuses in Arizona

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/state/...ampuses-signed

PHOENIX - Gov. Jan Brewer has signed into law a bill to prohibit use or possession of medical marijuana at public universities, community colleges or child-care facilities.

Supporters included university officials and prosecutors, while the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona and the Arizona Medical Marijuana Association opposed the bill's prohibition for higher education institutions.

A spokesman for the medical marijuana Association has predicted that the legislation will be challenged either by his group or somebody else on grounds that it violates a constitutional protection for voter-approved laws.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/state/...#ixzz1r1UnKyde
    Possibly the worst governor I have ever seen in Arizona.
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When is that old bag going to just $#@! off? I don't like being rude, but seriously, there's hundreds of more important things to be concerned about but what does she focus her time on doing? Going after medicinal marijuana users. People who hurt NOBODY.
    Last edited by Jonse; 05-14-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonse View Post
    When is that old bag going to just $#@! off? I don't like being rude, but seriously, there's hundreds of more important things to be concerned about but what does she focus her time on doing? Going after medicinal marijuana users. People who hurt NOBODY.
    You know, Jonse, there are a number of people who read these forums. Some are totally turned off by seeing a bunch of foul-mouthed posts. Threads like this are on the open board and are viewable by non-members and google.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 05-15-2012 at 12:20 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You know, Jonse, there are a number of people who read these forums. Some are totally turned off by seeing a bunch of foul-mouthed posts. Threads like this are on the open board and are viewable by non-members and google.
    Do you really think that replacing the F word with F@*& makes you any less foul-mouthed? We all know what those symbols stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    Do you really think that replacing the F word with F@*& makes you any less foul-mouthed? We all know what those symbols stand for.
    No, not much. But, then again, the thread was in The Vent. Which is not viewable by Google, etc. It also doesn't roll out of my mouth every other sentence, which is why I said something to the poster.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    And I am completely turned off by the idea that language is inherently "foul-mouthed" and that the idea of context eludes so many.

And for the record, I initially never intended to use these "foul" words as I was unaware of the tone the board had due to it being political. When I say others swearing (quite often too, might I say) I was pleased (although not surprised, since this is the Ron Paul board, not the Romney or Obama board) and went a tad overboard. I can make an effort to change way I speak naturally to make everyone happy, but I would also suggest you make an effort to not let it bother you so much.

This. I have never understood replacement swear words or censorship. When you say "f word" or "F@*&", you put the word in the reader's head. Nobody reads "F@*&" as "Fatsignasteriskampersand". It is almost like there's some social fear that makes it okay to imply something so long as you do not say it...in fact, politicians seem to follow this all the time, which I find both funny and awkward at the same time.

Shes the one who advocated SB 1070 and cried "State rights". Now she attempts to bring the feds in and strip us of our real state right to have medical marijuana which we legalized 2 years ago! Shes evil.

Are there many college kids who need medical marijuana? I've only ever seen one and she had some bone disease that made it hard for her to practice music.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.