Thread: Tarrant County Precinct Conventions (updates on Twitter)

Tarrant County Precinct Conventions (updates on Twitter)

Here is my twitter feed,
    https://twitter.com/#!/KoryWatkins

I will be in precicnt #2360 (35 delegates)

Live updates on mine and all other Precincts. Wish us luck!

I will do a #TCGOP tag.
    Last edited by KMX; 04-03-2012 at 01:07 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What state is this Tarrant county in?

Biggest republican County in Texas. I'll be in precinct 4250. (17 delegates)
    Personal attacks are always the first sign of a failed argument.

Everything is bigger in Texas!!

When I was in an Alaskan restaurant once ,I ordered a bowl of chili that cost $4... a Texas sized bowl was only $2.50...

Quote Originally Posted by Kodaddy View Post
    When I was in an Alaskan restaurant once ,I ordered a bowl of chili that cost $4... a Texas sized bowl was only $2.50...
    Extra $1.50 for the cost of getting meat and the ingrediants to Alaska.
    Personal attacks are always the first sign of a failed argument.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tornadoes cant stop me from becoming a delegate!

Follow my twitter feed for live updates tonight from Tarrant County Texas! (Precinct Conventions) Let's get the delegates!

Go for it gang. Let the wimps stay at home.

I use to live in Arlington and just called my neighbor to make sure all on our ex street were safe. Mayor had just declared Arlington a disaster area. My neighbor said S. Arlington.

All stay safe but, get out and all be voted be a delegate tonight.
    As an ex Texan, my heart goes out to all those with damage tonight. Not over yet, as they say.

Don't forget to check your roofs and cars close for hail damage if, you had hail today. Baseball size hail shows up in a couple of days when it is overcast. I remember hail the size of bowling balls one year in Ft. Worth. Right through the roofs.

Baseball size hard hail will cause damage. They were calling it hard baseball size hail on the weather channel.

Just check in a day or two. You might not think about it but when you trade a car in they will.

Hmmmm....been 2 hrs since he tweeted that the convention started. I wonder if not tweeting is being requested during session.

Kory Watkins‏@KoryWatkins

Go time #TCGOP#RonPaul

#TCGOP about to hit some doors to grab a final few people to be delegates!!' #RonPaul

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Hmmmm....been 2 hrs since he tweeted that the convention started. I wonder if not tweeting is being requested during session.

Go time #TCGOP#RonPaul

#TCGOP about to hit some doors to grab a final few people to be delegates!!' #RonPaul
    Everyone is updating in the Tarrant county Facebook group right now.

Here's something pretty revealing about turnout. My convention location was supposed to house 21 precincts. Only 5 of 21 precincts showed up. That means a ton of delegates from 16 other precincts were not selected. If ONE Paul supporter had showed up from each of those precincts, we could've OWNED NW Tarrant County.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Sorry , Had to pay very close attetion to what this lady was doing!

here are some updates.

Jacob Thomas

Ok, I'm precinct chair. I am a delegate 1 out of 6.
    our precinct has 28 delegate slots.

4 of those being Ron Paul people.
    2 unknowns but might be Ron Paul people. going to contact them to check.

Meriadoc Brandybuck

For #3332, only 5 participants attended, and I was voted precinct convention chairman. Our precinct carries 19 votes. Only 3 of the 5 were available for the SD on April 21, but we were all 3 Ron Paul supporters! (The other 2 seemed to be liberty-minded, but never mentioned preference for a particular candidate at the national level.)

Honestly, my wife and I went in hopes of voting for someone else who was a Ron Paul supporter, as we have never attended a convention before in our lives, much less chaired one. My Robert's Rules were pretty rough around the edges, but we did our best, completed all the paperwork, turned in the appropriate copies to the "wrangler", and managed to snag all 19 delegate slots!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Michelle Southwick

Well, got myself and Daniel in as at least 2 out of the 12 elected delegates. I didn't ask anyone who they supported and I know a couple of the "old" guys definitely didn't like Ron Paul supporters....and one of the guys had his wife, son and daughter....so....yea....IDK..​..guess we will ride this thing out. I wasn't planning on being a delegate but I guess now I am. lol #2356

Brandy Derrick

There are three of us from my Precinct, me, a Santorum supporter, and a guy who said he doesn't like anyone and he likes a lot of things RP says but can't agree with the military stuff.

Mecca Gallagher

So....no one showed up for my district and I became chairman....then one other guy showed up. Between the both of us, we have 27 delegates and votes. I don't know if he is a RP supporter, I would think maybe not --he wasn't willing to share so neither did I. BUT he isn't even sure if he can make it to the next meeting. Sure glad I went even though I didn't know what the heck I was doing. Lots of really nice people there helped.

Ginny Cardoza

success in precinct 1208 in tarrant county- things ran very smoothly. 3 resolutions were passed... two of them resembled to much of what ron paul discusses! the individuals in my precinct were very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by KMX View Post
    Meriadoc Brandybuck

For #3332, only 5 participants attended, and I was voted precinct convention chairman. Our precinct carries 19 votes. Only 3 of the 5 were available for the SD on April 21, but we were all 3 Ron Paul supporters! (The other 2 seemed to be liberty-minded, but never mentioned preference for a particular candidate at the national level.)

Honestly, my wife and I went in hopes of voting for someone else who was a Ron Paul supporter, as we have never attended a convention before in our lives, much less chaired one. My Robert's Rules were pretty rough around the edges, but we did our best, completed all the paperwork, turned in the appropriate copies to the "wrangler", and managed to snag all 19 delegate slots!
    Isn't that a Lord of the Rings character?

Yes, it is:

Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!