Thread: Van Jones Makes Vitriolic Comments Towards Libertarians

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Van Jones Makes Vitriolic Comments Towards Libertarians

It's so outrageous that it is funny.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/van-...igrant-bigots/

Jones began his speech by citing his six months of work in the White House before launching into a tirade against the “so-called Libertarians.”

In citing the Libertarian principle of economic liberty, Jones stated “They’ve taken their despicable ideology and used it a wrecking ball, that they have painted red, white and blue, to smash down every good thing in America.”

Jones continued, “They say they’re Patriots but they hate everybody in America who looks like us. They say they love America but they hate the people, the brown folk, the gays, the lesbians, the people with piercings, ya know ya’ll.”
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-03-2012 at 09:11 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    sounds like hate speech to me.

wow, talk about confused and angry.

"The smoldering, anti-capitalism diatribe concluded with Jones asking the audience to purchase his book: “Give me and my book another round of applause! On sale now!”

Typical.........

Jones continued, “They say they’re Patriots but they hate everybody in America who looks like us. They say they love America but they hate the people, the brown folk, the gays, the lesbians, the people with piercings, ya know ya’ll.”
    Yeah, because if the brown, the gay, the lesbian, and the pierced would ever consider liberty, he'd be screwed - along with all of his "I know better than the little people" plans.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

THis guy is an ultimate NutBar. Im glad Glenn Beck exposed him.

THank you Glenn Beck, you are super cool and not Lame at all
    Last edited by wannaberocker; 04-03-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    Adam Mcquaid is one tough hombre.

I don't even understand what he is trying to say. Trying to smear Libertarians as racist and haters of piercings? He must not understand us much.

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post
    I don't even understand what he is trying to say. Trying to smear Libertarians as racist and haters of piercings? He must not understand us much.
    No, he understands perfectly. This is about making sure his crowd doesn't start taking a look at our point of view. If that happens, his world shatters.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I assume he understands nothing of libertarianism, or is just trying to incite hateful rhetoric in order to rile people up. We don't view people in the collective. All people are individuals with equal rights. How viewing all people as people with the same natural rights is hateful towards gays, minorities, etc... is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    No, he understands perfectly. This is about making sure his crowd doesn't start taking a look at our point of view. If that happens, his world shatters.
    No he doesn't.

They say they’re Patriots but they hate everybody in America who looks like us. They say they love America but they hate the people, the brown folk, the gays, the lesbians, the people with piercings, ya know ya’ll.”
    His understanding of libertarians is that we are all a bunch of American hating terrorists who are intolerant of everyone.
    Last edited by DerailingDaTrain; 04-03-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Well, now that we are associating libertarianism with the Republican party, this is the kind of $#@! to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    Well, now that we are associating libertarianism with the Republican party, this is the kind of $#@! to expect.
    People like Glenn Beck shouldn't be allowed to refer to themselves as libertarians.

People like Glenn Beck shouldn't be allowed to refer to themselves as libertarians.
    He has done for a few years. When people begin to realize our influence, you will see more and more describe themselves as libertarians. Give it a few years and "libertarian" will be synonymous with "Republican", and unless we are vigilant, it won't be in the good way.

For an example: The Tea Party.

Should someone tell him the history behind his Democrat party?
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

^^^ THIS!
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    It has been associated with the Republican Party for a very long time and in a good way. But, you are right, the term will be co-opted unless we finish the job that we set out to accomplish. For me, however, I care less about the term than I do the goals.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I call this progress. All of us are being named as their primary enemy, exposing their objections to "republicans" as a false facade. he isnt' talking about john mccain here.

Well, that's exactly it. He doesn't want the minority individual empowered in such a way that he or she can throw off the chains of the status quo, which is what the progressives embody at the end of the day. No, paleoconservative or libertarian has any qualms with hispanics or blacks empowering themselves, creating their own businesses, and ultimately building a stronger, viable community outside the tentacles of the state.

What we do object to is when these groups utilize the government in a nefarious fashion to force us into destructive social engineering models or extract wealth under the guise of supporting their private clubs. That's really the issue. Nowadays, if you dare push back to the gay, black, or hispanic special interests, you are immediately labeled racist and/or homophobic. It's quite easy to demonize your opponents, when they resist your powergrab.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I call this progress. All of us are being named as their primary enemy, exposing their objections to "republicans" as a false facade. he isnt' talking about john mccain here.
    Republicans have never had the stomach to take on the welfare state head on. Libertarians on the other hand............. This trend is why the institutionalized left is freaking out, in that they're met their true enemy. Theoretically, there are no deals to be made since most libertarians are so idealogically entrenched in their quest to destroy this patronage system both home and abroad.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-03-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Correct , he is not talking about John , he is talking about us .

No he doesn't.
    I think CaptUSA:s point was that he knows full well this is not what Libertarians are, and is talking out of his ass so that the OWS fleabagger audience never takes a look at libertarianism or free markets ever again.

This is the ignorance we're up against folks... we can win, but it starts first with calmly and rationally educating people.

Just remember no one likes to be told they're wrong (including us) so arguing with people and winning said arguments is not how you win supporters, the best way to get people on our side is to hear them out and then calmly point out how we all actually want the same things it's just that we think we have the best approach to getting those things.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    It has been associated with the Republican Party for a very long time and in a good way. But, you are right, the term will be co-opted unless we finish the job that we set out to accomplish. For me, however, I care less about the term than I do the goals.
    Sort of. Republicans generally pick and choose which principles of libertarianism are acceptable to them and their electorate. Otherwise very few of them would be elected. Reagan claimed that "the heart of conservatism is libertarianism" (or something to that effect), but I wouldn't call Reagan a libertarian at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    It's so outrageous that it is funny.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/van-...igrant-bigots/
    I can't speak for all libertarians, but I don't hate all the different color people. I do however, lean that way on Van Jones.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaberocker View Post

Beck has his good moments. Putting sunlight on this $#@! was one of those good moments

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Republicans have never had the stomach to take on the welfare state head on. Libertarians on the other hand............. This trend is why the institutionalized left is freaking out, in that they're met their true enemy. Theoretically, there are no deals to be made since most libertarians are so idealogically entrenched in their quest to destroy this patronage system both home and abroad.
    And a lot of young people are figuring out that the promises made by the left are empty and bankrupt that they have no intent on delivering. So, if you are gonna pick an ideology you might as well pick the one that promises you nothing except the freedom to do what you want as long as you dont hurt others rather than the one that is going to steal, stymie and lie to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Beck has his good moments. Putting sunlight on this $#@! was one of those good moments
    yeah I agree.
    Adam Mcquaid is one tough hombre.

Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post
    Should someone tell him the history behind his Democrat party?

Quote Originally Posted by wannaberocker View Post

+1
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.