Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting rampage in Oakland, at least 7 dead

Shooting rampage in Oakland, at least 7 dead

Move along, nothing to see here. This tragedy will probably not be a good fit for political opportunists.

Gunman kills 7, wounds 3 at California Christian college

(Reuters) - A gunman opened fire at a private Christian college in California on Monday, killing at least seven people and wounding three others after telling former classmates to "get in line ... I'm going to kill you all."

A suspect in what was the deadliest U.S. school shooting in five years was later arrested at a shopping mall several miles away from the scene of the shooting at Oakland's Oikos University, which appears to cater largely to the area's Korean community.

The school's founder, Pastor Jong Kim, told the Oakland Tribune newspaper that the gunman had been a nursing student there, but was no longer enrolled.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8310X920120402
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BABJ1NTM3Q.DTL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...RrS_video.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the deadliest U.S. school shooting in five years
    Whoa, asians are going to start getting stereotyped as school shooters if this keeps up.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    This tragedy will probably not be a good fit for political opportunists.
    Well, except for the gun grabbers...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The Miami shooting wasn't exploitable either.

Dubreus, 27, was killed, along with Laurore Ornis, 43, from Fort Pierce, and 12 others were wounded, including a five-year-old girl in Friday night’s shooting. Police suspect that the gunfire was part of a battle between gang members in the largely Haitian communities of North Miami and North Miami Beach.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/0...#storylink=cpy

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Miami shooting wasn't exploitable either.
    It's amazing how there is so little coverage.

Has today's Oakland shooting been covered on the cable networks like CNN?

Impossible to be true. Guns are prohibited on school grounds by law so this couldn't have happened.
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    Impossible to be true. Guns are prohibited on school grounds by law so this couldn't have happened.
    Apparently it's already down the memory hole, so it didn't happen.

Seven imaginary funerals to follow.

\\
    Last edited by iGGz; 08-13-2012 at 07:47 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bet he was on psychotropic drugs.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    Eggs Zachly. No way, this is fake. The cops would have stopped him as soon as he loaded his gun, because cops protect us always and besides, guns are bad in California and there's like 50 laws he would have had to break to pull this off. Nobody that's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I bet he was onstopped taking his psychotropic drugs.
    fixed that for ya
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

pcgame

Last edited by pcgame; 05-21-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I bet he was on psychotropic drugs.
    Going out on a (very thick) limb, eh? What if I take that bet; what odds do I get that he wasn't on some sort if doctor prescribed drug?

Screw the safe bet, I need to make some more FRNs!!

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Whoa, asians are going to start getting stereotyped as school shooters if this keeps up.
    Maybe:

http://voices.yahoo.com/days-anniver...us-304495.html
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Going out on a (very thick) limb, eh? What if I take that bet; what odds do I get that he wasn't on some sort if doctor prescribed drug?

I would give good odds,,

sadly I have no money to bet, so you won't have to worry about losing.

http://ssristories.com/index.php
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post

I would gladly take that bet! However, MSM has a propensity to leave those sorted details out of the main news, only for it to come out several months (even years) later when no one is paying attention any more.

"Psychotropic drugs are prescribed to children in the United States at three times the rate of children in Europe, according to one of the first studies to rigorously compare such prescription patterns between different countries.

(...)

Among U.S. children between the ages of five and nine, the rate was more than 8 percent, or four times the European rate. The use of more than one drug at a time by U.S. children was also widespread.

(...)

In the United States, more than 75 percent of psychotropic drugs were prescribed to children "off-label," for uses not approved by the FDA."

http://www.naturalnews.com/025375_ch...hild_drug.html

"Today, psychotropic medications are the most widely prescribed drugs in America. Prescription drugs ads bring in $643 billion worldwide, with the United States accounting for half the market. The pharmaceutical industry is the most profitable of all US businesses.

In 2008, the industry made $9.6 billion from antidepressants and $4.8 billion off of ADHD medications in America. Worldwide sales of the anti-anxiety medication, Xanax, rose 50% from 2003 to 2008: totaling $350 million.

As the common use of psychiatric medications rises, the rate of people that attempt to address the roots of their problems through psychotherapy has dropped. This is so even though prescription drugs are the cause of more deaths every year in the US than those resulting from crack cocaine, methamphetamine and heroin combined."

(...)

We’re indoctrinated into taking drugs and dulling our feelings from the outset. Psychiatric prescriptions for children have increased by 50% from 1996 to 2006 and adult use has risen 73%. The US Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality says that treatment for mental disorders in children made up the bulk of the money spent on them in 2006 healthcare: $8.9 billion.

http://www.draxe.com/brainwashed-by-psychotropic-drugs/

"About 10% of Americans — or 27 million people — were taking antidepressants in 2005, the last year for which data were available at the time the study was written. That's about twice the number in 1996, according to the study of nearly 50,000 children and adults in today's Archives of General Psychiatry. Yet the majority weren't being treated for depression. Half of those taking antidepressants used them for back pain, nerve pain, fatigue, sleep difficulties or other problems, the study says."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ressants_N.htm

Doping Kids with Ritalin for ADHD

Virginia Tech Shooter's Psych Doctor Hid Mental Health Records for Seung-Hui Cho

Arizona Shooter Jared Lee Loughner Most Likely on Psychotropic Drugs

Family Wonders if Prozac Prompted School Shootings

What's Behind the Epidemic of Family-Killings? Could it Be Anti-Depressants?
    Last edited by donnay; 04-03-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Isn't that a state where guns are almost illegal anyway? Guess gun grabbing laws don't work.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    SWAT got there in like 10 mins??? Weird. Usually takes an hour or so to round up SWAT.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    And another:

Chai Soua Vang (born September 24, 1968) is a naturalized U.S. citizen and a Hmong immigrant from Laos. While on a hunting trip in northern Wisconsin, Vang shot eight people, who were also hunting in the area, on November 21, 2004. Six were killed and two were left wounded.
    Of course the only reason to bring this up is the constant media narrative that only white (and now "white Hispanics") have guns and shoot people. People losing their minds and killing people is 100% race independent. No group has a monopoly on sanity or insanity.

And another:

Of course the only reason to bring this up is the constant media narrative that only white (and now "white Hispanics") have guns and shoot people. People losing their minds and killing people is 100% race independent. No group has a monopoly on sanity or insanity.
    I'll bet there was a cracker in that woodpile somewhere.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=8608195

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Family members are now making funeral plans for their loved ones killed in the massacre.

They are 21-year old Lydia Sim, 23-year-old Grace Kim, 24-year-old Katleen Ping, 33-year-old Sonam Choedon, 38-year-old Tshering Bhutia, 40-year-old Doris Chibuko and Judith Seymour age 53.

Another memorial will be held tonight for one of the shooting victims.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNFU1NU4S1.DTL

Oikos shooting victim: Lydia Sim

Lydia Sim, 21, was studying nursing at Oakland's Oikos University so that, one day, she could become a pediatrician.

"All she wanted to do was work with children," said her father, Yongmin Sim. "Any kid that God would lead her to, that's where she wanted to be."

Lydia Sim lived with her parents and brother in Hayward and was training to be a licensed vocational nurse in Oikos' one-year program. But she aspired to eventually attend medical school and become a pediatrician, her father said.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz1r6gssoqU

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...judith-seymour

Willow Glen mom Judith Seymour killed in rampage

With her job as a tax analyst outsourced to India, Willow Glen mom Judith "Judy" Seymour had been laid off and decided to follow in her parents' footsteps by getting a nursing degree.

She was just two months away from reaching that dream when the unimaginable happened: A bloodthirsty gunman burst into her Oakland nursing school classroom and shot her.

On Tuesday, a day after the shooting rampage that killed seven people and injured three others at Oikos University, her family in San Jose learned what they had begun coming to grips with the previous night: Seymour, 53, was among those who died at the school.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ther-dead.html

'He keeps asking why we are crying': Family of Oakland massacre victim reveals son, 4, doesn't know she is dead - and they don't know how to tell him.

The family of one of the Oakland massacre's victims said they do not know how to tell her four-year-old son that she is dead.

Philippines native Katleen Ping, 24, was one of the people killed when former nursing student One L Goh, 43, opened fire at Oikos University, a small Christian school in Oakland, California.

Her brother, Kaine Ping, 21, told the San Francisco Chronicle that his sister was the one that took care of them all and that her son Kayzzer did not understand what was happening - and no one in the family home know what to do.

Grandfather Liberty Ping - who came to the U.S. 15 years ago - said: 'He doesn't know, he keeps asking everyone why they are crying.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ther-dead.html

Wow this is really $#@!ed up and sad.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any info on what kind of Big Pharma mind $#@! drugs this guy was on?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Wow this is really $#@!ed up and sad.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Any info on what kind of Big Pharma mind $#@! drugs this guy was on?
    Nope. Don't expect them to even report that. Under rug swept.

Nope. Don't expect them to even report that. Under rug swept.
    It usually comes out later,, after the news cycle.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Working two jobs, putting herself through nursing school...

http://pleasanton.patch.com/articles...alum-grace-kim

Grace Eunhea Kim, 23, of Union City and Lydia H. Sim, 21, of Hayward were among the seven people killed in a violent rampage Monday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SimKim.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	1376

Grace Eunhae Kim was supposed to clock in for work Monday afternoon at Chaplin’s Sports Bistro in Union City.

While Kim, who also worked at Newark’s BJs Restaurant, was never late for work, her friends and co-workers prayed for the best as news surfaced of a mass shooting at Oikos University in Oakland.

The 23-year-old Union City resident, who graduated from Foothill High School in 2007, was a nursing student attending class at the university when a gunman rampaged throughout the small campus Monday morning. Seven people died and three were injured.

Sad.

It's amazing how there is so little coverage.

Has today's Oakland shooting been covered on the cable networks like CNN?

Media editorial prioritizing in covering recent events is very interesting to say the least.

Really? This has actually been pretty well covered.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast