Thread: The 42d LD Washington as written up by a Santorum supporter 'ally' (for the day, at least)

The 42d LD Washington as written up by a Santorum supporter 'ally' (for the day, at least)

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/arc...-paul-alliance

kinda a double twist there, at the end...
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-01-2012 at 12:37 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    that seems to be good news.

the ending was pretty awkward.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I liked this comment at the end:

Actually, at least 12 of the elected delegates are Paul supporters. Quite a few Paul supporters refused to vote for Santorum.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    I liked this comment at the end:
    the deal might have been for Santa to have two, if they really only had a few people there as this guy suggests. I'm sure there was some proportionality to delegates voting. The guy said everyone on the slate won, not just 'Paul people'. So it is whatever the agreement was.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-01-2012 at 01:18 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    the ending was pretty awkward.
    I think the author was one of those Dems for Santorum 'Project Hilarity' voters who THROUGH Santorum ended up voting for a mostly Ron Paul delegate slate. What a tangled web we weave....

Just came back from the 44th LD in Snohomish County and we got steam-rolled by the unity slate. of the 39 delegates and alternates we managed 1 del and 12 alt. This was romney land to begin with so I expected as much..

On the bright side I've been told we got most the delegates in the 38th LD (which has 23, so I wonder how many of the 23 we got).. and according to what I heard Romney got 0 delegates at Thurston County, yep in the WHOLE county Romney got 0 dels, which means the Paul/Rick slate probably got a good chunk

WA State Convention is going to be exciting..

BTW this whole process is so damn stupid.. So the Snohomish County convention started at 9am, we split into our LD caucuses around 1:30pm, and since my LD had the most delegates we stayed pretty late.. We selected 39 delegates and 39 alternates by 11:30pm... That is 10 fricking hours to select these 78 people! Since it went so late the county convention didn't reconvene to do the platform since essentially everyone left.. So we didn't even finish the whole 'business' of the convention, even though from the start of the convention at 9am all the way about to the end of my LD selecting delegates (we were the last to finish since we were the bigggest) was a good 14 and half hours!!

Well I spent my 14 hours unlike some who left in the middle. My conscience is clear.
    Last edited by RPit; 04-01-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RPit View Post
    Just came back from the 44th LD in Snohomish County and we got steam-rolled by the unity slate. of the 39 delegates and alternates we managed 1 del and 12 alt. This was romney land to begin with so I expected as much..

On the bright side I've been told we got most the delegates in the 38th LD (which has 23, so I wonder how many of the 23 we got).. and according to what I heard Romney got 0 delegates at Thurston County, yep in the WHOLE county Romney got 0 dels, which means the Paul/Rick slate probably got a good chunk

WA State Convention is going to be exciting..

BTW this whole process is so damn stupid.. So the Snohomish County convention started at 9am, we split into our LD caucuses around 1:30pm, and since my LD had the most delegates we stayed pretty late.. We selected 39 delegates and 39 alternates by 11:30pm... That is 10 fricking hours to select these 78 people! Since it went so late the county convention didn't reconvene to do the platform since essentially everyone left.. So we didn't even finish the whole 'business' of the convention, even though from the start of the convention at 9am all the way about to the end of my LD selecting delegates (we were the last to finish since we were the bigggest) was a good 14 and half hours!!

Well I spent my 14 hours unlike some who left in the middle. My conscience is clear.
    there was one still going at midnight I thought, but the delegate count sounds like yours, I was watching it on twitter: https://twitter.com/?iid=am-74725293...file#!/abulsme

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    there was one still going at midnight I thought, but the delegate count sounds like yours, I was watching it on twitter: https://twitter.com/?iid=am-74725293...file#!/abulsme
    Samuel Minter was from LD 44, he was there so that 'midnight' must of been ours.. 11:30 is close enough to midnight

By the way some more good news and hard numbers from 38th LD..

In the 38th LD the Paul/Rick slate worked I guess the results were as follows:
    Total delegates: 23
    12 for Paul
    9 for Santorum
    3 for Romney
    2 for Gingrich (one of them is Lew Moore, who was with the Ron Paul campaign last election)

(My friend said 16 alts but this may not be correct- but the above numbers are official straight from the leader)

And we won Clark County !!!
    5 romney
    3 gingrich
    29 s
    38 paul
    Last edited by RPit; 04-01-2012 at 01:28 AM.

...And we won Clark County !!!
    5 romney
    3 gingrich
    29 s
    38 paul
    That is great news!! I was worried about that county (where Vancouver is)

Samuel Minter was from LD 44, he was there so that 'midnight' must of been ours.. 11:30 is close enough to midnight

12 for Paul
    9 for Santorum
    3 for Romney
    2 for Gingrich (one of them is Lew Moore, who was with the Ron Paul campaign last election)

(My friend said 16 alts but this may not be correct- but the above numbers are official straight from the leader)

5 romney
    3 gingrich
    29 s
    38 paul
    Great news (I'll have to +rep you for it later, seems I must spread some rep around first )
    Snohomish sounds harsh but as you said deep romney country and combine that with Santorums local guy quitting when he heard the "unity" slate was off... well somehow I smell a fox in the hen house
    Honestly I think you folks did a find job getting what you did out of Snohomish and with the alts on board maybe you can still pick up some extra seats before the dust settles, someones bound to not show up right? (any chance the alternates will be seated anyway? I know that happens sometimes but have no idea how likely it is or isn't in this case)

In other news (from the article) this has a kind of eerie familiarity to it.
    Having completely f*cked up the Constitution, the Republican caucus was ready to begin.
    State of mind having read the article = but some of that may be the lack of sleep talking.
    Last edited by PolicyReader; 04-01-2012 at 09:28 AM.
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Ok this is either a semi-stealth delegate or a turncoat traitor.
    Is this guy still with us?
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    The guy was either the campaign chair or the #2 guy last time around. Put it like this, I was never impressed by him but here's to hoping he's truly a stealth bomber.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    The guy was either the campaign chair or the #2 guy last time around. Put it like this, I was never impressed by him but here's to hoping he's truly a stealth bomber.
    Point of Information

How politically savvy is he? In other words how much does he play the game? Because in this specific case it may not matter if he's for Paul as long as he knows how this game is played and he's against romney.
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

12 for Paul
    9 for Santorum
    3 for Romney

5 romney
    3 gingrich
    29 s
    38 paul
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RPit again.

dang!

It counts the rep I gave last night! (wholly unreasonable!)

Seems like Romney is doing well, but only a few places. Hopefully the Paul/Santorum slate wins everywhere else
    "Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul with a heart, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    some say that guy was never with us, but I wasn't plugged in enough to really know, last time.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-01-2012 at 10:11 AM.

I heard Romney got 0 delegates at Thurston County, yep in the WHOLE county Romney got 0 dels, which means the Paul/Rick slate probably got a good chunk
    What in the world are you talking about? Thurston County has not yet held its county convention. It's scheduled for April 14th See http://thurstonrepublicans.com

Ok this is either a semi-stealth delegate or a turncoat traitor. Is this guy [Lew Moore] still with us?
    Lew Moore was the national campaign manager for Ron Paul in 2007. He is now the Washington State campaign manager for Newt Gingrich.

He is a professional campaign manager who works for people who will hire him -- kind of like a lot of employees who work at different companies. If you lose a contract to work at company "X" and you are sitting at home collecting unemployment checks, are you going to say NO to company "Y" if it offers you a job? Would YOU be a "stealth" employee for company "X" if you were working for company "Y"?

To these people, a job is a job is a job. You need to pay your bills and you will work for whoever will give you the best job offer. Ideology doesn't pay the bills.
    Last edited by Brent H; 04-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent H View Post
    Lew Moore was the national campaign manager for Ron Paul in 2007. He is now the Washington State campaign manager for Newt Gingrich.

He is a professional campaign manager who works for people who will hire him -- kind of like a lot of employees who work at different companies. If you lose a contract to work at company "X" and you are sitting at home collecting unemployment checks, are you going to say NO to company "Y" if it offers you a job? Would YOU be a "stealth" employee for company "X" if you were working for company "Y"?

To these people, a job is a job is a job. You need to pay your bills and you will work for whoever will give you the best job offer. Ideology doesn't pay the bills.
    and helping out the 'presumptive nominee' might help connections....?

Lew Moore?...you mean the Lew Moore who took the podium to announce his endorsement of the McCain ticket in front of Ron Paul delegates in Spokane in 2008?...yeah, i saw him at the Snohomish County convention, but i didn't have any snowballs or anything good to say to this greasy $#@!in' snake. Sorry Maureen (his wife) if you read this.......2nd thought...no i'm not sorry, because i'm pretty sure your grassroots efforts in 08 helped to undermine Ron....female snakes are more disgusting IMO.....
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 04-01-2012 at 11:23 AM.

you know, JK/SEA, i drove up to Snohomish and picked up a ton of signs for our sign bomb last cycle from Maureen and i can tell you that the enthusiasm she displayed was negative at best. just a sidenote, but i think we all hoped for the best out of Lew Moore and were thoroughly disappointed.

a large thank you to all of my fellow freedom fighters in Washington State.

btw - The Stranger is the paper that Dan Savage wrote (writes?) for. Dan Savage is the guy primarily responsible for a certain candidate's GOOGLE problems (the author of this article supported this candidate).

I was at the 43rd (which is what the original post is referring to) and was elected a delegate. No (or very few) Paul supporters were refusing to vote Santorum. This alliance was airtight and the slate was 12 Paul, 2 Santorum to begin with, so it passed exactly how it was supposed to. We worked very hard to coordinate everything and make sure this alliance worked, so please don't suggest Paul people were betraying Santorum people as that will only hurt us at state.

Clallam County update:

Ron Paul got 13 out of 21 delegates to the State

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    but nobody else seemed to share my pro-choice beliefs, my socially progressive leanings, or my ability to spell the word "Constitution."
    ... social progressives support Santorum? Whaa?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker75 View Post
    ... social progressives support Santorum? Whaa?
    I think he was one of those Dems voting for Santorum just to give Romney trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjevot View Post
    I was at the 43rd (which is what the original post is referring to) and was elected a delegate. No (or very few) Paul supporters were refusing to vote Santorum. This alliance was airtight and the slate was 12 Paul, 2 Santorum to begin with, so it passed exactly how it was supposed to. We worked very hard to coordinate everything and make sure this alliance worked, so please don't suggest Paul people were betraying Santorum people as that will only hurt us at state.
    well done. i hope to join you there - i'll find out on the 14th (48th).

only 14 delegates from your district?

RPit - what district is this? i should know this crap, but it's only leg districts being represented at state, correct?

Santorum-Paul alliance is not bad. Although... I have doubts over Romney-Paul alliance, can we afford to form alliances with Romney supporters for a Paul/Romney delegate slate? We get delegates, but Romney would get some too and be closer to 1144.

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    well done. i hope to join you there - i'll find out on the 14th (48th).

only 14 delegates from your district?

RPit - what district is this? i should know this crap, but it's only leg districts being represented at state, correct?
    Total up the delegates from each leg. dist. will give you your county contingent to state. Only county's are represented at state....

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    Santorum-Paul alliance is not bad. Although... I have doubts over Romney-Paul alliance, can we afford to form alliances with Romney supporters for a Paul/Romney delegate slate? We get delegates, but Romney would get some too and be closer to 1144.
    I think we have to if we need to to get Ron plurality of delegates. He needs five states with a plurality of delegates in order to be able to be nominated from the floor and speak as a matter of RIGHT not negotiation, at the RNC.