Thread: Energy Drinks

pcgame

Last edited by pcgame; 12-13-2012 at 02:40 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post
    I never understood energy drinks. They are just B vitamins, caffeine, + a ton of bad stuff, including BPA if its from a can (i think).

Isn't it healthier to eat an organic steak and a cup of coffee? You get everything good + more that an energy drink provides, without all the bad stuff.

Plus the term energy drink implies that normal people don't have energy all the time. which I don't believe is to be true, I know when I strictly eat healthy for a couple months, I have a ton of energy.

EDIT

with energy drinks I always get an extremely elevated mood (euphoria), then 1 to 3 hours later, I get extremely depressed.

Also, I heard "vitamin water" actually has no vitamins, they use sugar water.
    The OTC energy drinks are sheer garbage. To give you and example, I watch the Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch and one of the Captains (Phil Harris 53 years old) died last year of complications of a stroke. Upon researching about the late captain, I found he drank 10 Red Bulls a day. He didn't eat right, got little or no exercise, had poor sleeping habits and also smoked like a chimney.

Now I am not a doctor or scientist, but I would say eating right, getting proper vitamins and minerals and moderate exercise and sleeping (at least 6 hours a night) will get you more longevity. I understand that fishermen are pushed to the limit, they have only a certain window of opportunity to get their catches, but you do need to try and feed your body well in order for your body to work for you.

Most Americans are severely deficient in many of the vitamins and minerals. One of which is Vitamin D. Vitamin D plays a vital role in your immune system, without a healthy immune system you are not going to be well. Your gut is the epicenter of your immune system. If you gut is not right, neither are you.

Nevertheless, people need to get in tune with their body. I get regular blood work done by my Naturopath to check my D levels. People need to have their blood checked to see what they may be deficient in. I was also depleted in magnesium, because our farmlands soils have been depleted of minerals, most people need to supplement. Also once you find out what your body is depleted in, the supplements and minerals you take have to be researched as well. Not all vitamins and mineral companies are trustworthy. A lot of cheap vitamins have fillers in them, these fillers can be another reason you may be feeling bad once you start taking them.

Learn to listen to your body!
    http://www.livestrong.com/food-cravings/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Eat well and do strong coffee or sweet tea.

If that doesn't work the Navy used to proscribe biphetamine sulphate.

Or just adopt a low-energy lifestyle.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

Unhealthy,out of shape people use "Monster" and other energy drinks to get their kick because they are too lazy to unlock their bodies natural ability to build stamina. I have never in my life needed an energy drink nor did I ever need coffee. If I "need" coffee it means my body needs sleep...and to deprive myself of the right amount of sleep is to become unhealthy.I have never used an energy drink and I never will. I function daily at work and anywhere I'm at with a lot more energy than most people and many of them are high on their energy drinks.

this isn't for the weak of heart lol
    Last edited by CaptainAmerica; 04-01-2012 at 11:18 AM.

TEA that is what killed Terri Schiavo. They are not called HEALTH drinks, they are called energy drinks. In Seattle at most of the corner stores you could actually buy powder anhydrous caffeine powder and just add it to anything. I prefer black coffee, but used to drink two Kroniks' a day.

eat right and exercise and you dont need to put those nasty "energy drinks" in your body.

p.s. buy a juicer!
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

I have noticed- that is if you do decide to ingest energy drinks- it is best to sip on them- it should take about an hour to drink a redbull. When you drink them slow you stay elevated for longer and you do not lose a sense for appetite, it is when you lose your appetite that you become very tired and the crash becomes more severe. Ergo, energy drinks aren't bad, the people that excessively drink them are.
    truth is treason in the empire of lies

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    IT IS ADVISED NOT TO CONSUME THIS DRINK. IT IS A VERY DANGEROUS DRINK!

As a public health safety, please pass on this email to all the contacts in your address book especially those with teenage children. and make copies to show to all the people you know.

This drink is SOLD in all the supermarkets IN OUR country. and our children ARE CONSUMING IT ON A TRIAL BASIS.. IT can be mortal.

RED BULL was created to stimulate the brains in people who are subjected to great physical force and in "stress coma" and never to be consumed like an innocent drink or soda pop. RED BULL IS the energizer DRINK that is commercialized world-wide with its slogan:
    'It increases endurance; awakens the concentration capacity and the speed of reaction, offers more energy and improves the mood. All this can be found in a can of RED BULL, the power drink of the millennium.!

'Red Bull has managed to arrive at almost 100 countries worldwide. The RED BULL logo is targeted at young people and sportsmen, two attractive segments that have been captivated by the stimulus that the drink provides.

It was created by Dietrich Mateschitz, an industrialist of Austrian origin who discovered the drink by chance. It happened during a business trip to Hong Kong , when he was working at a factory that manufactured toothbrushes.

The liquid, based on a formula that contained caffeine and taurine, caused a rage in that country. Imagine the grand success of this drink in Europe where the product still did not exist, besides it was a superb opportunity to become an entrepreneur.

BUT THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS DRINK IS ANOTHER THING:

FRANCE and DENMARK have just prohibited it as a cocktail of death, due to its vitamin components mixed with GLUCURONOLACTONE', a highly dangerous chemical, which was developed by the United States Department of Defense during 60 years to stimulate the moral of the troops based in VIETNAM, which acted like a hallucinogenic drug that calmed the stress of the war.

But their effects in the organism were so devastating, that it was discontinued, because of the high index of cases of migraines, cerebral tumors and diseases of the liver that was evident in the soldiers who consumed it.

And in spite of it, in the can of RED BULL you can still find as one of its components: GLUCURONOLACTONE, categorized medically as a stimulant..

But what it does not say on the can of RED BULL, are the consequences of its consumption, and that has forced us to place a series of WARNINGS:

1. It is dangerous to take it if you do not engage in physical exercise afterwards, since its energizing function accelerates the heart rate and can cause a sudden attack.

2. You run the risk of undergoing a cerebral hemorrhage, because RED BULL contains components that dilute the blood so that the heart utilizes less energy to pump the blood, and thus be able to deliver physical force with less effort being exerted.

3. It is prohibited to mix RED BULL with alcohol, because the mixture turns the drink into a "Deadly Bomb" that attacks the liver directly, causing the affected area never to regenerate anymore.

4. One of the main components of RED BULL is the B12 vitamin, used in medicine to recover patients who are in a coma; from here the hypertension and the state of excitement which is experienced after taking it, as if you were in a drunken state.

5. The regular consumption of RED BULL triggers off symptoms in the form of a series of irreversible nervous and neuronal diseases.

CONCLUSION: It is a drink that should be prohibited in the countries of the Caribbean and Latin America , (and the entire world) as it is already waking up other nations because when it is mixed with alcohol it creates a time bomb for the human body, mainly between innocent adolescents and adults with little experience.

REPORT of. D. KHALET GEBARA, Md, UCLA University , California , the USA
    http://www.diethealthandfitnessnews....-drinking.html

ETA:
    This news report -- Wonder why Americans are becoming grossly obese?
    Last edited by donnay; 04-01-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    , I found he drank 10 Red Bulls a day. He didn't eat right, got little or no exercise, had poor sleeping habits and also smoked like a chimney.
    that says it all. Every energy drink says don't have more than 3 a day. Some say don't have 2 a day. When the manufacturer recommends one thing and you exceed it, you can't blame them.

This drink is SOLD in all the supermarkets IN OUR country. and our children ARE CONSUMING IT ON A TRIAL BASIS.. IT can be mortal.
    Yes, it CAN be, unlike coffee, alcohol and other forms of food poisoning. Organic vegetables too.

pcgame

Last edited by pcgame; 05-21-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyrp View Post
    that says it all. Every energy drink says don't have more than 3 a day. Some say don't have 2 a day. When the manufacturer recommends one thing and you exceed it, you can't blame them.
    I am not arguing over that issue. What I am saying is people do not need energy drinks to have energy--it's a misnomer. Your body is TELLING you something, you need to get in tuned with it! Individual responsibility is key, but you have to know and understand why you feel the way you do in order to correct it.

I am not arguing over that issue. What I am saying is people do not need energy drinks to have energy--it's a misnomer.
    No, it's not a misnomer. It does give you energy, unless you are arguing it's placebo. It's sufficient, but not necessary.

Your body is TELLING you something, you need to get in tuned with it! Individual responsibility is key, but you have to know and understand why you feel the way you do in order to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    eat right and exercise and you dont need to put those nasty "energy drinks" in your body.

p.s. buy a juicer!
    This^^ Energy drinks are mega-fail. Cause your body to burn fat for energy (w/ diet and exercise) and you won't need those silly "energy drinks".
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

No, it's not a misnomer. It does give you energy, unless you are arguing it's placebo. It's sufficient, but not necessary.
    What she was getting at (I'm pretty sure) is that it doesn't actually increase your body's energy capacity, but artificially stimulates your nervous system-and that's correct. To add genuine energy, you need a combination of exercise, nutrition, and sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It doesn't give you prolonged energy and stamina, and it is a poor choice--on many levels. High sugar or caffeinated consumables will give you a quick boost of energy but it is short lived. Therefore these people are drinking more than the recommendations on the labels. It is the combination of taurine and glucuronolactone that will wreck your liver. A cup of coffee with sugar will not.

Nevertheless, as I stated before, your body is TELLING you something if you have no energy.
    Last edited by donnay; 04-01-2012 at 02:09 PM.

I never understood energy drinks. They are just B vitamins, caffeine, + a ton of bad stuff, including BPA if its from a can (i think).

Isn't it healthier to eat an organic steak and a cup of coffee? You get everything good + more that an energy drink provides, without all the bad stuff.

Plus the term energy drink implies that normal people don't have energy all the time. which I don't believe is to be true, I know when I strictly eat healthy for a couple months, I have a ton of energy.

EDIT

with energy drinks I always get an extremely elevated mood (euphoria), then 1 to 3 hours later, I get extremely depressed.

Energy from caffeine and other fake crap is not real energy. All it does is heat you up, which makes you more hyper, but does not give you any real energy. If you want more energy, there are Chinese herbs which give you real energy. But you should consult an expert first because your condition may be more complicated than just needing energy.

It doesn't give you prolonged energy and stamina, and it is a poor choice--on many levels. High sugar or caffeinated consumables will give you a quick boost of energy but it is short lived.
    Wow, did you just figure this out or did you just figure out that you're not the only person who knows this? Do you actually think drinkers of energy drinks think they're getting more than a quick fix? Do you think people caught in situations when they have an important task that will be over after hours, which they can catch up on sleep don't know this?

Do you know anybody who uses energy drinks as a substitute for sleep? (if you do, they deserve to ruin their bodies anyway).

Therefore these people are drinking more than the recommendations on the labels.
    Yes...and your point is that it's whose fault?

It is the combination of taurine and glucuronolactone that will wreck your liver. A cup of coffee with sugar will not.
    Wrong, dehydrants are all bad for your liver. Whether alcohol or caffeine. While at different degrees.

Nevertheless, as I stated before, your body is TELLING you something if you have no energy.
    Wow, did you just find this out now? Who were you enlightening?

Quote Originally Posted by tttppp View Post
    Energy from caffeine and other fake crap is not real energy. All it does is heat you up, which makes you more hyper, but does not give you any real energy.
    Whatever real energy is, I don't need it. I doubt you're talking about ability to fly.

If you want more energy, there are Chinese herbs which give you real energy. But you should consult an expert first because your condition may be more complicated than just needing energy.
    Ginseng? Ginko biloba? Essence of Chicken? They have those that are advertised as energy drinks too. They are no better at accumulating real energy as these quick fixes. they are, ultimately drugs. Whether artificial or natural, with or without side effects.

Even a western drug advocate and pharma apologist like me wouldn't ever say there's a drug that's substitute for sleep, exercise or nutrition. EVER. Drugs are meant to fix your problems, or symptoms, even if its for a short time.

Plus the term energy drink implies that normal people don't have energy all the time. which I don't believe is to be true, I know when I strictly eat healthy for a couple months, I have a ton of energy. EDIT

Yeah , I would go with the meat & coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yeah , I would go with the meat & coffee.
    RedBull and vodka is probably a better choice if you are about to go do something stupid though. fun times.

Whatever real energy is, I don't need it. I doubt you're talking about ability to fly.

Ginseng? Ginko biloba? Essence of Chicken? They have those that are advertised as energy drinks too. They are no better at accumulating real energy as these quick fixes. they are, ultimately drugs. Whether artificial or natural, with or without side effects.

Even a western drug advocate and pharma apologist like me wouldn't ever say there's a drug that's substitute for sleep, exercise or nutrition. EVER. Drugs are meant to fix your problems, or symptoms, even if its for a short time.
    Real Chinese herbs ARE better at building energy than these energy drinks. And they are not drugs. And they don't have side effects when taken in the right proportion.

Even if these energy drinks had Chinese herbs in them, you need to take them in the right proportion. Also, even if these energy drinks had Chinese herbs in them, they are not the same quality you would get from an herbologist.