Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul California campus tour! UC Berkeley, UCLA, & CSU Chico State back 2 back 2 back!

Ron Paul California campus tour! UC Berkeley, UCLA, & CSU Chico State back 2 back 2 back!

You have my word that we will have a team at UCLA registering everybody like MAD.

This week, Ron Paul will hold three on-campus rallies to speak directly to students and California voters.

And you could help him reach the people who will determine the outcome on Election Day. Will you invite at least three friends and family members to join you at his rallies in California this week?

Here are the details for the three events. Pre-register now for early seating so you can get in early and find a spot near the front:

What: Rally with Ron Paul at California State University - Chico
    Where: Bell Memorial Student Union - Trinity Commons
    548 West Second St
    Chico, CA 95928
    When: Tuesday, April 3rd at 7:00 PM
    Pre-register to get in early and reserve your seats:
    http://ronpaulatchico.eventbrite.com

What: Rally with Ron Paul at UCLA
    Where: Sunset Canyon Recreation Center - Lower Lawn Amphitheater
    111 Easton Dr
    Los Angeles, CA 90095
    When: Wednesday, April 4th at 8:30 PM
    http://ronpaulatucla.eventbrite.com

What: Rally with Ron Paul at the University of California - Berkeley
    Where: Zellerbach Auditorium
    101 Zellerbach Hall
    Berkeley, CA 94720
    When: Thursday, April 5th at 7:00 PM
    http://ronpaulatberkeley.eventbrite.com

All events are free and open to the public, so please invite anyone you know who might be interested (especially if they're likely voters!).

The more people who hear firsthand Ron Paul's message of peace, prosperity, and individual liberty, the more people who will vote for him at the polls.

Please help make the difference on Election Day. Spread the word about this week's events. Forward this email to everyone in your network, and invite your friends, family, classmates, and co-workers.

P.S. Ron Paul will visit three California campuses this week. Come out and bring your friends and family to the California State University - Chico at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, UCLA at 8:30 PM on Wednesday, or the University of California - Berkeley at 7:00 PM on Thursday.

If you pre-register for any of these events, you can get in early and secure a spot up front.

Please help expand the campaign during this critical stage of the Republican primary. Invite every undecided voter you know to attend with you.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    U!!
    C!!
    L!!
    A!!
    U-C-L-A (FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!!)

no!! We are supposed to be out of town next week!

um, It is the week before Easter. Are the colleges in session?

--
    quarter system had their break a week ago. So they will be there, at least.

http://www.registrar.ucla.edu/calendar/acadcal11.htm
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-31-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Sounds great!!!!! They're saying Ron has about 30 campus visits over the next 60 days!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSoHard View Post
    Sounds great!!!!! They're saying Ron has about 30 campus visits over the next 60 days!!!
    That still boggles my mind. He is tireless. See what exercise and honest living do for you?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Already got my tickets on pre-order. I'm going to the Berkeley one myself. I can't wait to see him and hope I get a chance to meet him. The man is one of my heroes.

they are setting it up to be undercounted again, because it says 'capacity 500 persons' but that is the benches, not the grass beyond.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-31-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

They'll have to move it, probably. Seems to be a theme.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

I'm sure the grass would hold a couple thousand, standing, but they won't be counted properly, I'm also sure.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSoHard View Post
    Wow!

Ron Paul has already won!

How could you ever defeat an army like that? Or even want to.

Future stand back!
    Last edited by Carson; 03-31-2012 at 08:21 PM.

LA County pop = 10 million
    Orange County pop = 3 million.

If 1/2 are of voting age and eligible, and he has 10% support and only 1/100 of his supporters know about the event and want to see him (he hasn't been here recently I don't think), that's 6,500 that show up.
    Last edited by socal; 03-31-2012 at 10:07 PM.

I SO want to go!! But I'm supposed to be in Colorado!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    What can you do to stay here for the rally?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

If this event is packed, maybe he'll come back later to UC Irvine or some other place in OC.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    What can you do to stay here for the rally?
    I'm trying.

It is becoming obvious that Ron's number 1 Goal now is spreading the Liberty Message to the future of the Country, the young.

The election, while still important, is not the only mission anymore. He wants to keep expanding and growing the Revolution.

Besides, the young get it and that is perhaps the biggest success of the Campaign.

I hope the organizers, the Youth for Paul, will register attendees to vote and also ask them to Join the Campaign and make a contribution, even if it is only $10.

I think that Ron can get to the most people with colleges for the least expenditure, and they become volunteers. Note that the CA Primary isn't until JUNE and voter registration doesn't close until MAY. This is advance planning. He gets their emails when they sign up for early entry, amongst other things. Faster voter ID than phone from home... If he has 5 events with 2000 per (average) that's a nice lump of people to ask to help get going in CA. Ca is a closed primary so some may need to reregister, or register the first time, but it is proportional by DISTRICT.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-31-2012 at 10:53 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

False Info?

I just checked the RP official campaign website and it didn't say anything about him going to chico. I checked his events calender? Where are you getting your information? or is it suppose to be an april fools thing?

The eventbright sites are up. They probably just haven't updated the calendar.

Welcome to the forums!

Definitely going to the Berkeley one and maybe bring my sign to the San Francisco Lunch place. Gonna try to bring as many people as possible. Does anyone know the amount of seating available?
    Ron Paul deserves his own (non-federal) holiday! RonPaulHoliday.com

Isnt this all during spring/easter holiday though?
    Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!
    Barry Goldwater

Need bands to open with.

Sure that might draw in a lot of people that aren't already hep to Ron Paul but isn't that the whole point?

Music is the message of love for the young. Once the band has gotten everyone in the mood...Ron Paul comes out and wins those that haven't found out about how it feels being part of what's happening.

Here is another thread on the tour topic.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...c-Resources%29

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Need bands to open with.

Sure that might draw in a lot of people that aren't already hep to Ron Paul but isn't that the whole point?

Music is the message of love for the young. Once the band has gotten everyone in the mood...Ron Paul comes out and wins those that haven't found out about how it feels being part of what's happening.
    That's for politicians like bachman. Ron is the rock star and needs no opening act.

HTH
    Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution9 View Post
    That's for politicians like bachman. Ron is the rock star and needs no opening act.

HTH
    Rev9

Perhaps Ron doesn't but some of the people not quite sure if it is okay to be seen with Ron Paulians might just venture forth and be caught up in the movement. Annnd maybe when others start asking about the event finding they found themselves a new coolness they can share with others.

We've got to break the stigma that the haters Blue Meanies have used to make fun of others. It has just been to costly to let it slide any longer.

That reminds me of The Beatles movie Yellow Submarine.

This is an old science we are talking about. How many of you remember what it takes to win over the Blue Meanie's?

Need bands to open with.

Here is another thread on the tour topic.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...c-Resources%29
    Older voters might leave rather than get in the mood. and people like different types. Unless you stick to pretty conservative choices, .. music is personal

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the crowd tomorrow night at Chico State will shock a lot of people. Being outside on Trinity Commons as the sun sets could bring out a throng that rivals the 5,200 at UW Madison last week.

We will see!!! Go Wildcats, make us proud.

Older voters might leave rather than get in the mood. and people like different types. Unless you stick to pretty conservative choices, .. music is personal
    Conservative as in like a local group that would play a short set for nothing?

Most people that can venture in amongst them on a college campus should be able to, if not only tolerate, but understand the way music can unite. Maybe get our blood moving again. If it killed a few of us it's a pretty good way to go.

I just finished watching The Beatles Yellow Submarine on a DVD. It still has the magic and the answer.

I wish I would make it to the one in Berkeley. The number of people the place can hold, I hear, is about 2,000. That and I guess my age has gotten me on this one.

P.S. Another thought on putting these venues together. I bet if we packaged them right Ron Paul rallies like this might come off with Ron Paul telecast live to a big screen on stage. Maybe even bring in some for donations. Ron Paul could reach out to people from his living room without all of the travel.

He could reach Brazillions!!!... well if he held one in Brazil.
    Last edited by Carson; 04-02-2012 at 08:44 PM.

If he is just going to fire up supporters, absolutely. If he is doing outreach for typical (older) GOP primary voters, not so much. but in that case he wouldn't likely be booking a venue that suggests most will be standing the whole time....

Perhaps Ron doesn't but some of the people not quite sure if it is okay to be seen with Ron Paulians might just venture forth and be caught up in the movement. Annnd maybe when others start asking about the event finding they found themselves a new coolness they can share with others.

We've got to break the stigma that the haters Blue Meanies have used to make fun of others. It has just been to costly to let it slide any longer.

That reminds me of The Beatles movie Yellow Submarine.

This is an old science we are talking about. How many of you remember what it takes to win over the Blue Meanie's?

I love The Beatles. There isn't a band out there that has anywhere near the universal appeal of them. I like music of all kinds but let me tell you that if some around here were to pick the band or group or artist I can guaran-effing-tee you I would skeedaddle the first chance i got to do so politely..or not show up at all. After 30 years in the inner city nothing is more annoying to me than having to endure someone else's musical tastes. Name me one modern band/artist/group that appeals to 20 year olds and 65 year olds. You can't. They are all demographic hawgz who create and play for specific sub groups of the counter cultures.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Daily Bruin (school newspaper) asks three UCLA students their thoughts on Ron Paul's visit:

http://www.dailybruin.com/index.php/...s_campus_visit

It's sad that this is the only mention but hopefully they do a full write up later.

I'll be there with a friend. Get your early seating tickets here:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3268...eventpassword=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast